• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

2 hours ago, Tank said:

i'd like to see these conditions apply for everyone who owns a gun, not just those wanting a CCW.

found out yesterday one of my former students has been denied several times for a CCW. he's pissed off about it, too, and doesn't understand why he was denied. judging by his comments to me yesterday, it seems like a wise decision that he's been denied.

04DE9EAE-EE0B-4D72-9B0D-2D78C2F08B2F.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tank said:

i'd like to see these conditions apply for everyone who owns a gun, not just those wanting a CCW.

found out yesterday one of my former students has been denied several times for a CCW. he's pissed off about it, too, and doesn't understand why he was denied. judging by his comments to me yesterday, it seems like a wise decision that he's been denied.

I don't quite agree. Having a sheriff deny or approve you the right to purchase a gun seems like a bad idea. 

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So gun control laws actually work, and CCW actually increases gun violence? Thanks for linking to this helpful article.

Yeah the CCW thing can't be contributed to reduction in crime as not that many people actually carry guns on them. Some people think they need to have justification other than personal defense to carry a weapon. Like the guy that thought my CCW class said "we don't need heroes, we need good witnesses". It's a dumb and pointless argument. I'm not sure where you got gun control laws work from the article

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is this done after the snakes are put back into their cages?

It’s a perfect encapsulation of what is disgusting about a lot of evangelical Christianity in this country.  It’s not about the teachings of Christ.  It’s an identity club for white ethno politics.  You call yourself a Christian and talk about Jesus because it’s what you do.  Not because you’re actually interested in Christ’s teachings on love and mercy.  Christian tenets are completely lost on these fucking losers. 

You love guns.  Leave Jesus out of it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

19 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s a perfect encapsulation of what is disgusting about a lot of evangelical Christianity in this country.  It’s not about the teachings of Christ.  It’s an identity club for white ethno politics.  You call yourself a Christian and talk about Jesus because it’s what you do.  Not because you’re actually interested in Christ’s teachings on love and mercy.  Christian tenets are completely lost on these fucking losers. 

I'm with you.

1-152_b.jpg

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

Due process via the courts. I'm sure everyone here can agree on that

I have no issue with an appeals process, think the same thing should exist for the no fly list and other potential restrictions on a person's ability to do something based on a government list

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

I have no issue with an appeals process, think the same thing should exist for the no fly list and other potential restrictions on a person's ability to do something based on a government list

My whole issue with the no fly list is that it is arbitrarily put together without due process. In all seriousness, who makes the call to put someone on that list?

52 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Couldn't agree more.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

AS pathetic and overrun as our court system is, leaving anything to it seems, pointless.  
Why not the appointed law enforcement?  why would a lawyer be better qualified to make that call?  Distrust of police aside which is seemingly obvious, are they not the right person to issue or deny a permit? 
They simply all need better and common standards, but taking this to another entity i highly doubt is the right call. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

who currently does background checks when someone applies to buy a gun? i'd probably let them be the deciders in this case, and any decisions can be appealed to a court if they disagree with it. 

i think involving lawyers should be the last step, not the first step.

52 minutes ago, floplag said:

AS pathetic and overrun as our court system is, leaving anything to it seems, pointless.  
Why not the appointed law enforcement?  why would a lawyer be better qualified to make that call?  Distrust of police aside which is seemingly obvious, are they not the right person to issue or deny a permit? 
They simply all need better and common standards, but taking this to another entity i highly doubt is the right call. 

Permit, yes. Simple ownership of a firearm, no. 

33 minutes ago, Tank said:

who currently does background checks when someone applies to buy a gun? i'd probably let them be the deciders in this case, and any decisions can be appealed to a court if they disagree with it. 

i think involving lawyers should be the last step, not the first step.

The FBI does the background check

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thetrace.org/2015/07/background-checks-nics-guns-dylann-roof-charleston-church-shooting/amp/

as you can see, our system needs a lot of work before adding anything else to it