• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

44 minutes ago, Glen said:

If we're not going to deal with the root causes, how about knocking out a few of the side effects?

Thats fine if they have a reasonable expectation of success.  We takes meds to make colds less severe, i'm fine with that.   Its proven to work.  My issue here is that i dont see them having any success and they feel like wasted effort without any evidence supporting it actually working.    Quite the contrary in some cases.

The logic is sound, i dont argue the idea, its the results have not been as they should have been.  CA has some of the most restrictive laws anywhere, we still have recent incidents.  We are so focused on one thing we are ignoring all others.

Yesterday the marching students even said it themselves... "laws havent worked"... well why would we expect more laws  to work?   Even an outright ban is still just a law.

For me it just feels like misdirection and agenda, not factual reality.  There is no hard proof at this point that it will change anything, just a lot of supposition and rhetoric combined with creative accounting and polling.

If i believed for even one minute that an outright ban would truly prevent these heinous acts, i would support it 100% and even support a repeal of 2A.  I simply dont believe that to be an accurate statement.

Part of me almost wishes we would ban them... if for no other reason than to stop the asinine argument over it.    We would either see them stop or go down, something i would welcome, or we would see it keep occurring, or these morons start making bombs and doing even more damage.    None of this is any kind of guarantee. 

The only thing any bans or restrictions will achieve is ensuring that law abiding citizens wont be armed.  It wont affect crime, it likely wont stop these terrible events from happening,  it wont do anything to those who decide to break the law.  Murder is already illegal, how you do it really doesnt matter after all. 

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

Not you mention if I am an active shooter, I now know who I need to neutralize first.

what a dooshy thing to say.

i'm a teacher. you want to arm me? okay, where am i keeping this gun? do i keep it strapped to my side at all times? if so, that's going to present some issues, not to mention the psychological effect of having kids exposed to guns in their classrooms all the time. do i keep it locked up in a cabinet or in my office? if so, will i be able to get to it in time to be able to use it? and how am i supposed to suddenly turn off my compassion for others to immediately engage in a gun battle to the death of someone so close to the age of the kids in my classroom, and likely a former student of mine? if teachers are armed, it's likely kids will know this. where is the gun during the evenings and weekends? is that going to present a new problem of break-ins by those looking to secure a weapon on the cheap? 

i'd much rather see security tightened up in all ways that are necessary to secure the  campus first and foremost. arming teachers seems like a move of desperation, a last resort, and i can tell you that me and my colleagues would resist this greatly.

and i haven't even gotten into the spiritual conundrum of whether this is a biblically sound practice to follow on a Christian campus like mine.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Do you then go and remove all trees from existence to ensure the incident doesn't repeat? When only criminals have wood.

of course not, but i'm going to make sure my kid is not going to continue to play with sticks or stockpile them or convert them to fully automatic sticks or do anything that presents a danger to himself or to others. i'm going to look for reasonable things to do to prevent him from causing harm.

Just now, Tank said:

of course not, but i'm going to make sure my kid is not going to continue to play with sticks or stockpile them or convert them to fully automatic sticks or do anything that presents a danger to himself or to others. i'm going to look for reasonable things to do to prevent him from causing harm.

I think it's safe to say this meme has crashed into the ground with all souls lost.

56 minutes ago, floplag said:

Thats fine if they have a reasonable expectation of success.  We takes meds to make colds less severe, i'm fine with that.   Its proven to work.  My issue here is that i dont see them having any success and they feel like wasted effort without any evidence supporting it actually working.    Quite the contrary in some cases.

The logic is sound, i dont argue the idea, its the results have not been as they should have been.  CA has some of the most restrictive laws anywhere, we still have recent incidents.  We are so focused on one thing we are ignoring all others.

Yesterday the marching students even said it themselves... "laws havent worked"... well why would we expect more laws  to work?   Even an outright ban is still just a law.

For me it just feels like misdirection and agenda, not factual reality.  There is no hard proof at this point that it will change anything, just a lot of supposition and rhetoric combined with creative accounting and polling.

If i believed for even one minute that an outright ban would truly prevent these heinous acts, i would support it 100% and even support a repeal of 2A.  I simply dont believe that to be an accurate statement.

Part of me almost wishes we would ban them... if for no other reason than to stop the asinine argument over it.    We would either see them stop or go down, something i would welcome, or we would see it keep occurring, or these morons start making bombs and doing even more damage.    None of this is any kind of guarantee. 

The only thing any bans or restrictions will achieve is ensuring that law abiding citizens wont be armed.  It wont affect crime, it likely wont stop these terrible events from happening,  it wont do anything to those who decide to break the law.  Murder is already illegal, how you do it really doesnt matter after all. 

Oh fuck off with that last sentence. If I kill you with a banjo I'm not gonna be able to kill anyone else with that banjo, unless I get creative with the strings. A gun is designed to be used over and over. I'd rather have people armed with banjos than ARs.  

A lot of schools do have armed security btw.  Former police officers often. Maybe that needs to be expanded to all schools. I’m not opposed to that.  But the idea of arming teachers or putting guns in every class room.  My god.  Only the craziest gun nuts use to float that shit.  Like everything else on the American right.  Completely off the radical deep end.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

A lot of schools do have armed security btw.  Former police officers often. Maybe that needs to be expanded to all schools. I’m not opposed to that.  But the idea of arming teachers or putting guns in every class room.  My god.  Only the craziest gun nuts use to float that shit.  Like everything else on the American right.  Completely off the radical deep end.

You say that but man I would have turned in all my work in time for damn sure!

42 minutes ago, Glen said:

Oh fuck off with that last sentence. If I kill you with a banjo I'm not gonna be able to kill anyone else with that banjo, unless I get creative with the strings. A gun is designed to be used over and over. I'd rather have people armed with banjos than ARs.  

I know you're the board's SME on murder but I think you underestimate the fine craftsmanship of banjos.  They aren't the cheap plywood ones the Honky Tonk Man used back in the heyday. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

what a dooshy thing to say.

Umm maybe I misunderstood this part of your comment Tank but mine was in reference to how dumb it is to arm teachers. As an active shooter you know who you have to target first in order to continue on with mass murder. Maybe I phrased it horribly I guess. 

23 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I know you're the board's SME on murder but I think you underestimate the fine craftsmanship of banjos.  They aren't the cheap plywood ones the Honky Tonk Man used back in the heyday. 

Comedy aside, that's a good point. Banjos are solid. Change it to ukelele then.

by the by...I don't care for Rubio, at all...but I'll give him props for showing up a the cnn hosted town hall last night. Difficult situation, especially with his history with the NRA and positions on guns, so I'll give him props for showing and doing his job and at least in a few instances signaling he would reconsider some of his past positions. Still don't like him, but he gets a little credit for that.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Ive no idea what that has to do with anything in my last sentence but anything with a banjo is usually a plus
a bomb may only be able to be used once, if thats where your logic took you, but it certainly does more damage.  and they could certainly make mor than one of them so aside from the general overall logic failure... i still give props for the banjo reference even if you overlooked the fact that i might have 2 banjos . 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Umm maybe I misunderstood this part of your comment Tank but mine was in reference to how dumb it is to arm teachers. As an active shooter you know who you have to target first in order to continue on with mass murder. Maybe I phrased it horribly I guess. 

okay, i didn't read your comments that way at all. thanks for clarifying.