• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Thoughts & Prayers

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

It's a really good point.  Why our cities are set up to put pedestrians and cyclist so close is puzzling. 

Drunk drivers, young drivers, old drivers and (in this latest case) terrorists.  Seems like all of the deaths from these machines are just past off as an unfortunate part of our society.  Just part of our freedom. 

Mandatory breathalyzers in all vehicles?  Too expensive.  Mandatory bi-annual behind the wheel driving test?  Too much government overreach.  Senors on sidewalks that would automatically kill a vehicles engine if it crossed over?  Too expensive. 

i think we'll start to see more car baricades showing up in places with heavy pedestrian traffic to prevent/reduce car and truck attacks like this and what we've seen in europe. i think someone posted that they're looking to start doing this in las vegas asap. it makes a lot of sense. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Murder is already against the law. 

So is doing drugs.  Amazingly, we also made the sale of drugs against the law as well.

But if that is your stance, you must be in favor of legalizing bombs as well.

You know what though, bombs are illegal and amazingly, bombings are incredibly rare... wonder why

21 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don't think there's a viable market for bombs. Expensive to produce. I'd imagine extensive training necessary to make them as well. 

Neither is true, with easy access to the materials they could be made.  But that is not what I asked anyway.  Guns are not sold in raw materials and smelted together by their owners.  I should be able to just walk up to the store and buy C4 or ANFO based on your logic of freedom.

You can walk into any gun store and buy all the gunpowder you want. Put it in a pressure cooker with a bunch of bolts and a cell phone set to short circuit when dialed and  you've got the Boston Massacre all over. It's not rocket science. Hey, enlarge the container, add more propellant and the same little cell phone and you've got Mogadishu. Might take picking up your reloading supplies at a couple of stores but terrorism has plenty of time.

Or rent a truck and take a drive through a local Triathlon. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

You can walk into any gun store and buy all the gunpowder you want. Put it in a pressure cooker with a bunch of bolts and a cell phone set to short circuit when dialed and  you've got the Boston Massacre all over. It's not rocket science. Hey, enlarge the container, add more propellant and the same little cell phone and you've got Mogadishu. Might take picking up your reloading supplies at a couple of stores but terrorism has plenty of time.

Or rent a truck and take a drive through a local Triathlon. 

Another reason to ban guns.  Then gun powder is obsolete in this context.

As I said before, your truck argument is not even relevant.

Edited by nate

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Ever play Carmageddon back in the 90s? One of these days the right circumstances is going to happen of lax security and target density and the death toll is going to be a an order of magnitude worse at least, since the goal seems to be upping the high score of brutality.

Nice France says hello

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

So is your arguing against guns but hold on to your shotgun with some flimsy excuse as how you wouldn't use it for evil.

You are assuming I still own it.

I do... but I would gladly give it up if it were banned.

I also own a truck.

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

This thread is a wonderful example of America’s inability and/or unwillingness to seriously address the issue of thousands upon thousands of people being killed by motor vehicles.  So typical.  

We have the DUI laws and they are quite effective

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

In all seriousness, why do you own a shotgun?

I live in a state full of gun toting inbreds with gigantic arsenals and no gun laws.

That and I don't trust our current President or the racist inbred supporters of his not to come after my family because my wife is half Mexican and I am half Jewish.

Edited by nate

Just now, nate said:

I live in a state full of gun toting inbreds with gigantic arsenals and no gun laws.

That and I don't trust our current President not to come after my family because my wife is half Mexican and I am half Jewish.

You bought the shotgun in California. Same fears then?

Just now, nate said:

That and I don't trust our current President or the racist inbred supporters of his not to come after my family because my wife is half Mexican and I am half Jewish.

Exactly. You have the right (as a human) to defend yourself and your family and should never have to lose that right. No matter what