• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire 2B Brandon Phillips from Braves for C Tony Sanchez

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean who else would be better ? Calhoun ? I think not.  I think you leave Simmons alone in his spot. 

Anybody but the guy who said....

“I don’t do that MLB Network on-base percentage (stuff),” Phillips told USA TODAY Sports. “I think that’s messing up baseball. I think people now are just worried about getting paid and worrying about on-base percentage instead of just winning the game."

4 minutes ago, Jobu said:

Anybody but the guy who said....

“I don’t do that MLB Network on-base percentage (stuff),” Phillips told USA TODAY Sports. “I think that’s messing up baseball. I think people now are just worried about getting paid and worrying about on-base percentage instead of just winning the game."

Ha. I do recall this now. Pretty dumb.  Still, he's probably one of our better options.  

The thing with Phillips is that he's just better then what we have.  If we get him.  Cool. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I know you wouldn't, but think of it this way. You'd be getting an ace (Yes, Verlander is still an ace), for a non-Top 100 prospect that projects in the middle of a rotation.

No, he's not an ace.  But he's still paid like an ace at 30m per which could be a disaster for a team that cant afford to make a mistake.

And can I ask how you expect to resign Trout with all this added payroll?

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

No, he's not an ace.  But he's still paid like an ace at 30m per which could be a disaster for a team that cant afford to make a mistake.

And can I ask how you expect to resign Trout with all this added payroll?

It would be at most a two year mistake. 

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/31/next-up-for-angels-on-busy-day-gold-glove-2b-brandon-phillips/

The Angels are reportedly working on a deal to acquire second baseman Brandon Phillips, a deal that would come on the heels of their earlier acquisition of All-Star Justin Upton.

Phillips, who has a no-trade clause, would need to give his approval before the deal could go through.

22 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

And I would DEFINITELY give Barria for Verlander. Verlander is still very good - a #2, at this point. Imagine this rotation next year:

Verlander

Richards

Heaney

Skaggs

Shoemaker/Bridwell/Tropeano/Ramirez/WhoGivesAFuck

Not to mention that Eppler gets 90% of his Christmas shopping done in August.

They should do that christmas in june thing this weekend