• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire 2B Brandon Phillips from Braves for C Tony Sanchez

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Still two and a half hours to go.

I feel good about Phillips. Verlander, not so much.

Since Richards is coming back on Monday, we may not need Verlander. 

Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Bridwell and damn, maybe Barria with the way he's pitched this year (Nolasco makes me want to punch a wall). 

Barria has pitched 10 scoreless innings across two starts in AAA. 

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Philips would get an extra 500k. Chance at the playoffs.  Play everyday.  None of those will happen in Atl. Yes his family....... but atl has roads games still.  Essentially we're talking about 3 weeks or so more correct?  500k..... bring the fam.

He's 36, he might just not give a f*ck anymore. Maybe he's just content where he is.

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

How is Phillips going to cost anything even close to a damn when he's 36 and a FA after the season?

The Braves should just be happy to save a few bucks and send him to us for practically nothing 

This, if we pay literally anything of substance its a bad deal especially considering Cin is still paying most of his money to Atl. 

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

How is Phillips going to cost anything even close to a damn when he's 36 and a FA after the season?

The Braves should just be happy to save a few bucks and send him to us for practically nothing 

lol because there are other teams that want him and would offer the braves value in return.

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

I just really hope the angels dont trade Cowart.  I like him and even though his hitting has been pretty bad lately, theres no reason to think he cant improve on it in the future.

It's way too early to give up on him just yet.

I agree but I think Cowart may just be a utility guy