• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire 2B Brandon Phillips from Braves for C Tony Sanchez

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

My guess is he is negotiating a one year contract extension...Smart....

Good idea. 

The Angels really have no options at 2B next year if Cowart cannot hit at the major league level. Fletcher may need an entire year in AAA. Fontana is Pennington's replacement IMO. 

Expiring contract. Reds picking up like 90-plus percent of the remaining salary. (How else would Atlanta have taken him in the first place?)  No downside if Phillips agrees to be traded -- not even if he breaks a leg after his first game. If a minor leaguer is going to the Braves, it won't be one the Angels actually care about. Phillips ain't Simmons.

Yea, I've soured on this A LOT.  If this guy doesn't give a shit about playing for us then forget it.   He's 36, this is very likely his last shot at the playoffs.  He played for shit teams his entire career and this is that huge of a decision.  One and half months of baseball.  Get out of here mang.

Edited by UndertheHalo

17 minutes ago, krAbs said:

I think I would shoot for a 1 year/5 mil extension, but be okay with 7.5 mil. More than that starts to get painful.

Arte is hard to figure....he might just say no...but Phillips has the hammer if he wants another year....

17 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Expiring contract. Reds picking up like 90-plus percent of the remaining salary. (How else would Atlanta have taken him in the first place?)  No downside if Phillips agrees to be traded -- not even if he breaks a leg after his first game. If a minor leaguer is going to the Braves, it won't be one the Angels actually care about. Phillips ain't Simmons.

Plus, he gets a $500k bonus if traded -  my guess is we'll pick that up.  Fora $500k bonus to spend a couple of months playing on a contending team,  he's either trying to work an extension or is, perhaps, an idiot.  

If he's reluctant, under those circumstances, just stay in Atlanta  - I'd rather someone hungry for the post-season.  

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yea, I've soured on this A LOT.  If this guy doesn't give a shit about playing for us then forget it.   He's 36, this is very likely his last shot at the playoffs.  He played for shit teams his entire career and this is that huge of a decision.  One and half months of baseball.  Get out of here mang.

Or the deal could be done but hasn't been announced yet. 

52 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I just really hope the angels dont trade Cowart.  I like him and even though his hitting has been pretty bad lately, theres no reason to think he cant improve on it in the future.

It's way too early to give up on him just yet.

These are the Angels, an organization that wants to get older and win now.

I am sick of this F^&%(*g  Sh%t, but it is the Angels way, and always will be.

I will somewhat retract my frustration if it is not Cowart dealt, or another top prospect.

Not dealing prospects at the trade deadline was probably too good to be true

1 minute ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

These are the Angels, an organization that wants to get older and win now.

I am sick of this F^&%(*g  Sh%t, but it is the Angels way, and always will be.

I will somewhat retract my frustration if it is not Cowart dealt, or another top prospect.

Not dealing prospects at the trade deadline was probably too good to be true

This is dumb