• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does This Convince Moreno To Allow For A Rebuild?

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

Trade Trout to the Nationals. Imagine that 1-2 punch. They have a very deep farm system that will allow us a good return.

Harper is going to the Yankees in a few years anyway. Nats can replace Harper without missing a beat. 

This will allow the Nats to make their run now.

Trout will be closer to home.

In this proposed trade to the Nationals, what would you ask for if you were Eppler? Do you think anything close to fair value could be returned without gutting the Nats?

I'm not opposed to the general idea of trading Trout. I have said so in the past. I just don't think any team could give fair value without putting themselves in the same situation the Angels might now be in.

Look at what happened to the Vikings, when they traded all of those picks/players to Dallas for Herschel Walker.

And vice versa for Dallas, who eventually became three time Super Bowl champs in the 1990s.

But I'd prefer to keep Trout, as he means close to 10 wins a season by himself.  

Edited by Angel Oracle

16 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

In this proposed trade to the Nationals, what would you ask for if you were Eppler? Do you think anything close to fair value could be returned without gutting the Nats?

I'm not opposed to the general idea of trading Trout. I have said so in the past. I just don't think any team could give fair value without putting themselves in the same situation the Angels might now be in.

Nats are in a win now mode. Harper is going to bolt to the Yanks.

Their window is now, but getting Trout is like the Miami Heat getting LaBron

With Richards and Heaney done for the year, Skaggs delayed, Wilson out to June, Weaver and Shoe sucking arse...it's time to pull an Oakland A's move and sell off almost anything and everything of value....

Right now, I would entertain offers on everyone but Trout and Calhoun...Simmons is questionable.

Escobar, Soto, Smith, Street, Wilson by August 1, if he his healthy and can be moved.

Let Ortega start and play everyday in LF....

Call up Johnson or Cowart or somebody to play 2B and let Gio go.

Call up Nate Smith, let him have a go at it.

It's time for the re-build mode.  We are going to finish in fifth place, might as well do it with a youth movement.

14 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

With Richards and Heaney done for the year, Skaggs delayed, Wilson out to June, Weaver and Shoe sucking arse...it's time to pull an Oakland A's move and sell off almost anything and everything of value....

Right now, I would entertain offers on everyone but Trout and Calhoun...Simmons is questionable.

Escobar, Soto, Smith, Street, Wilson by August 1, if he his healthy and can be moved.

Let Ortega start and play everyday in LF....

Call up Johnson or Cowart or somebody to play 2B and let Gio go.

Call up Nate Smith, let him have a go at it.

It's time for the re-build mode.  We are going to finish in fifth place, might as well do it with a youth movement.

Maybe not finishing last (A'th are not good), but agree otherwise except that Simmons is an important cog to keep.    Pitching and defense are critical.

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Why does he need to allow for something we were kind of going through already, albeit slowly?  Anything is possible when the season starts and if the club stayed healthy maybe they make the playoffs but most of us here weren't counting on it.  They already had the worst farm system in baseball and are paying millions to players not on the roster while not wanting to increase payroll.  Sounds like we were already in a small rebuild and now 1 or 2 of our more valuable pieces who could have brought something in via trade or were young enough to help us rebuild may be out for a season or more.  

I don't think we were rebuilding at all, what we seemed to be doing was waiting... waiting for money to free up.

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

Nats are in a win now mode. Harper is going to bolt to the Yanks

Their window is now, but getting Trout is like the Miami Heat getting LaBron

No it wont

lebron to Miami made them instant contenders

We've had the best player in the world for 4 seasons? ...1 playoff appearence and we are no where near title contenders for the next few years 

Edited by nando714

58 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

Why are you excluding Calhoun? Santiago, Calhoun, and Simmons are the only valuable trade pieces left at this point. Calhoun is really the one with the combination of salary controlled years and production during his prime to bring back something worthwhile.

Trading for prospects is a tricky business. Drafting prospects is even trickier. This team has too many holes to fill for a two year rebuild, especially with a black hole farm. Trading a generational player like Trout is completely off the table.

unless the Angels tank and get to draft in the top three, this will be a long rebuilding process. 

Some things are out of your control like injuries.

This is my 50th season as an Angel fan, so I'm always going to be there.

My question is whether Arte will work with his baseball people to formulate a plan to overcome this setback whether it be build/rebuild/strengthen this club, or get out of the baseball business.  This is a serious challenge and I want a front office that's going to hang in there and work things out.

1 hour ago, TroutCron said:

Trading for prospects is a tricky business. Drafting prospects is even trickier. This team has too many holes to fill for a two year rebuild, especially with a black hole farm. Trading a generational player like Trout is completely off the table.

unless the Angels tank and get to draft in the top three, this will be a long rebuilding process. 

Make darn sure they have the best scouts possible.    Considering the farm rankings over the past 15 years, the number of players making it to the MLB level is pretty good and so maybe the development isn't the issue, but instead the scouting?

Does make one wonder why they fired the scout who found Trout.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 minute ago, Angels N Skins said:

If trading Trout is out of the question, what other options does this franchise have to be competitive in the near future?

-spending a ton of FA money

-winning trades like the cubs did in getting Arrieta

-drafting the next paul goldschmidt in the 8th round this june.  

-finding the next JD martinez off waivers.