• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Under what scenario will Scioscia be dismissed

ghoetke

What I think would be awesome is that anyone who pushes this notion that Scioscia is going to be fired at this point...let us know who is going to replace him?

Rob Piccolo? Dino Ebel? Alfredo Griffen?

It's not like there's a long term replacement waiting in the wings - LaRussa ain't coming out of retirement for this roster mess. If you think Scioscia is the problem than just swapping him out for his bench coach isn't a real solution, and you don't throw an interim tag on a manager at this point in the season unless you are throwing in the towel anyways, especially since they are still a contender (which the are, even with Dipoto's crappy roster). 

So, before you toss this idea out there, enlighten folks on who would actually be the replacement.

On Friday April 27th, 2012 Jerry Dipoto went to Cleveland to release Bobby Abreu and called up Mike Trout.

Sosh; Trout's promotion was not "imminent," Scioscia said at the time, and the 20-year-old would not be promoted until there was "a significant role" for him with the Angels.

Jerry; "Mike is going to play," Dipoto said of Trout's role.

"We want to get Mike into the lineup, see if we can add a little energy, get some spice. He's off to a great start. Just looking to shake things up a little bit is probably the best way to put it."

Maybe this is the weekend that Jerry goes to Seattle.

Ryne Sandberg

They are going to put a first time major league manager in charge of an "underachieving" team that has it's sights set on the post season? And one who has been passed over repeatedly by the club that he was a hall of famer for.

Yeah, somehow I don't see that.

Midseason management replacements are usually someone in-house, or a re-tread who doesn't have a job. You rarely see someone plucked from another organization in the middle of the season.

Hey...Bobby V is available!

I agree with Red 100%.  Who is your ideal manager?  The SF Giants have won 2 of the last 3 WS and they don't have the rah-rah manager that some of you want.  When I look over th elandscape, the more successful managers are player friendly managers.  Picking someone from within is silly, because there is no one.

If you "Fire Scioscia" folks think someone can turn this roster around and make a winner out of it, you have been sitting in the sun too long.

Scioscia didn't build this  team and at the end of the day it's the players who have to perform. I'm sure this has been brought up a lot but he has a WS ring and 5 division championships in 10 years. I'll continue to take my chances with him.

In many instances I would jump on the "fire the manager bandwagon" if you can see it in the players that they don't have confidence in their leadership. I don't think that could be further from the truth with Scioscia. If you start to hear noise and controversy coming out of the clubhouse then you know there are issues but you never hear that from a scioscia managed team. Players believe in him and vice versa.

This team has to gel and hopefully they will start to do that soon. Once they do that they will be fine. If I can blame anyone for the slow start I would blame Dipoto. This team does not look like a playoff contender when you look at the pitching staff but somehow they will have to figure it out like we did in 2002.

I have confidence we will figure it out. this team is very capable of going on a long winning streak.

Scioscia didn't build this  team and at the end of the day it's the players who have to perform. I'm sure this has been brought up a lot but he has a WS ring and 5 division championships in 10 years. I'll continue to take my chances with him.

In many instances I would jump on the "fire the manager bandwagon" if you can see it in the players that they don't have confidence in their leadership. I don't think that could be further from the truth with Scioscia. If you start to hear noise and controversy coming out of the clubhouse then you know there are issues but you never hear that from a scioscia managed team. Players believe in him and vice versa.

This team has to gel and hopefully they will start to do that soon. Once they do that they will be fine. If I can blame anyone for the slow start I would blame Dipoto. This team does not look like a playoff contender when you look at the pitching staff but somehow they will have to figure it out like we did in 2002.

I have confidence we will figure it out. this team is very capable of going on a long winning streak.

Good post, very rational!