• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Under what scenario will Scioscia be dismissed

ghoetke

If THIS high paid team "hovers around 500" the stadium will be empty. Heck, it is already showing large bald spots.

The general public will not pay to see this crap.

Season ticket holders already know that they are watching thousands down go down the toilet with each passing series.

I agree, I'm just saying that unfortunately the front office will cut Scioscia the benefit of the doubt for as long as they can if the team is at around .500 for most of the season, though I believe that no matter what our record is, if we miss the playoffs he's gone.  But like I said if they continue to play like they've been playing, he'll lose his job midseason.

I have a clue, Ryne Sandberg is not the answer, if he was he would have a MLB job by now.  At least try to think of someone who is qualified, it might help your argument.

You people are too much. If a prospective manager was any good, he would be managing for someone else?

If a prospective manager has been fired from another situation. he must be awful?

So what are you people going to be happy with? The only option for you guys is finding a manager, who is managing right now, and having a great season??

Yeah, lets get one of those guys.

What you are saying is that Scioscia is fine. Well, I disagree.

With all due respect, of course.

Unfreakinbelievable.

game attendance doesn't really have much impact on the bottom line

You're wrong. You don't think that parking, beer and other concessions, and jerseys and hats... don't have any impact on the "bottom line"? Think people are lining up for those $200  Hamilton or Pujols jerseys at the team store?

I know people are upset with Scioscia but I don't think it is his fault. Our greatest success as a franchise came under his leadership.  Right now I see the problem as too many injuries to overcome. You cannot blame the manager or front office for that.

When every aspect of the game sucks, yes, you DO blame the manager and the coaching staff.

It is a matter of fundamentals..these guys are doing nothing right. Pitching is bad, hitting is bad, fielding is bad, base-running is bad. There is not one aspect of the game that these gutless wonders are doing well at. It is a train wreck cluster fuch that is hard to watch...and it is nothing new. It isn't like this team just fell apart, they have been bad for a few years. There is no fundamental baseball going on, sufficiently, to give anyone a break or an excuse.

When it is that bad, the on field leadership MUST take the fall.

It is a few years too late, but it must be done, and it will be done....the only question is how much longer.

I know people are upset with Scioscia but I don't think it is his fault. Our greatest success as a franchise came under his leadership.  Right now I see the problem as too many injuries to overcome. You cannot blame the manager or front office for that.

The problems go way past injuries. There are a lot of players underproducing on this club, and the coaching staff seems to have no idea what to do about it. I see the problem - or at least one of the major ones - as being large long-term contracts given to several players past their primes. Another seems to be a lack of motivation.

Winning the World Series 11 years ago doesn't give you an lifetime pass on everything that follows.

Is this a joke? Blaming this team's struggles on injuries, of all things?

The injuries haven't helped, but it's not like this team is plagued with them. Also, last year the team was very healthy.

Team is built around a bunch of apathetic multi-millionaires with secure contracts and no motivation to get any better (or hell, just play well).  Scioscia can't do anything with that.  He's in the same club, yet another apathetic multi-millionaire with a long term contract.  The Angel's current epitaph. 

I don't care who they get, just get someone with the huevos to bench a multi-millionaire "star" player if he is coasting and/or get Trout to drop about 30lbs.  Someone with grit.  Erstad?  Grich?  Break the mold, we don't need a retread.  Then get Santana back and a few other guys that are too good to moonlight as AAA BP pitchers. 

Is this a joke? Blaming this team's struggles on injuries, of all things?

The injuries haven't helped, but it's not like this team is plagued with them. Also, last year the team was very healthy.

And the team has had some pretty good fortune in terms of the performance of the fill ins.

Richards is looking like our 2nd best starter(or best depending on how Weaver looks when he comes back).

Harris has at least hit a little with Aybar out.

Jimenez has fallen off bad, but got off to a hot start.

The bullpen has maybe suffered for not having Madson back, and losing Burnett will suck, but Lowe and Jepsen were pretty shitty when they hit the DL. De La Rosa and Roth have both been pretty decent out of the pen since the injuries forced their promotions as well.

Team is built around a bunch of apathetic multi-millionaires with secure contracts and no motivation to get any better (or hell, just play well).  Scioscia can't do anything with that.  He's in the same club, yet another apathetic multi-millionaire with a long term contract.  The Angel's current epitaph. 

I don't care who they get, just get someone with the huevos to bench a multi-millionaire "star" player if he is coasting and/or get Trout to drop about 30lbs.  Someone with grit.  Erstad?  Grich?  Break the mold, we don't need a retread.  Then get Santana back and a few other guys that are too good to moonlight as AAA BP pitchers. 

This post is just chock full of quality thinking.

I doubt Scioscia will be dismissed this year unless we finish in 4th or 5th place. Third or better and he keeps his job for another year.

He certainly won't last until 2018, though, if we continue on this present course.

Depends on how many more poor pitchers DiPoto can dig up and put on the payroll.

I doubt Scioscia will be dismissed this year unless we finish in 4th or 5th place. Third or better and he keeps his job for another year.

He certainly won't last until 2018, though, if we continue on this present course.

If we finish out of the playoffs there is no way in hell he is back. 

The problems go way past injuries. There are a lot of players underproducing on this club, and the coaching staff seems to have no idea what to do about it. I see the problem - or at least one of the major ones - as being large long-term contracts given to several players past their primes. Another seems to be a lack of motivation.

Winning the World Series 11 years ago doesn't give you an lifetime pass on everything that follows.

besides pujols and hamiltton, what lobg term contracts are killing us? Cj? I guess. He hasn't been 'bad', just not plus. Weaver and aybar have been hurt, and howie is the same as always.

Keep in mind torii's contract was similar to hamilton (age/length). Torii still hustled. (Although when he had a bad half in 2011, a lot of people on here couldn't stand him).

I agree certain guys (on this team and others) lose their fire after payday. I don't think hamilton is one of them (and I'm not a hamilton fan). Pujols definetely isn't one of them.

Right now is the photo negative of a team fully clicking, when some guys play over their heads. Right now we have a full team not clicking, with guys playing far below where they should be.

Seeing Joe Maddon cheering up his team lately with a cockatoo and magician really makes it clear that Sosh is the complete opposite type of manager, I really think he stopped caring years ago.

If he made balloon animals and sang karoake to the team...would that means he cares?

Ridiculous statement. Because he's not a rah rah guy, or show too much emotion, it doesn't mean he doesn't care.