• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

North Korea leader tells military to be ready to use nuclear weapons at any time

57 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

The Shire needs nation building.

Saruman failed at his attempt.

Yes I have accomplished more at the Shire than anyone and big things are coming to the Shire, huge things.  I know what they are and they are big and coming soon.  First we have to do their health care, the feet problems are bigly.

I read a book called Missile Rats. The author produces mostly crap novels on Nook but that book was a good read.

Kid decides to join the Air Force and get into the ICBM Missile program and even though he aces his exams he is not liked and gets dumped into an lower admin job at an aged out Nike base in Germany. Missile Rats is the nickname for guys that want to work on the missiles .

All his training and he gets no closer than 500 yards from the Silo. The camp is dusfunctional in so many ways from the top down and one guys loses his mind and decided he is going to launch a Nuke. He knows the safety procedures won't allow the missile to arm or ignite the primary but his plan is to blow up the second stage inside the Silo, causing a chain reaction with the other silos, basically destroying the camp and making it a nuclear waste dump.

Not sure how close to real the situation could play out on one of the outdated silos from the cold war but it was a good, quick read. Like MASH goes nuclear.

from the UK Daily Mail:

Kim Jong-un has threatened the US with a 'super-mighty preemptive strike' and warned America: 'Don't mess with us'.

State controlled media claimed North Korea could 'immediately wipe out the US mainland' and reduce its enemies 'to ashes'.

The latest threat from Pyongyang comes amid mounting tensions between North Korea and America and after China moved 150,000 troops to its border with the secretive state.

This morning it emerged that Vladimir Putin is also reinforcing his border with North Korea by relocating troops and equipment.

27 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

So stupid.  Stop the saber rattling and fix this crap.  Honestly can't China just put a bullet in the midget's head and take care of this?

He can't die, so no. His skeleton is made out Kevlar.

i'm still left wondering what has happened in the last month that has caused the rhetoric to increase so dramatically. no one was bombed, no hostages were taken, no shots have been fired, we didn't make any provocative threats - just all of a sudden the little man in the north has acted and spoken like we're about to jump in with both feet. 

it seems that this is not going to be resolved through anything other than who blinks first. where's the attempt at some kind of diplomacy here?

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm still left wondering what has happened in the last month that has caused the rhetoric to increase so dramatically. no one was bombed, no hostages were taken, no shots have been fired, we didn't make any provocative threats - just all of a sudden the little man in the north has acted and spoken like we're about to jump in with both feet. 

it seems that this is not going to be resolved through anything other than who blinks first. where's the attempt at some kind of diplomacy here?

north korea ramping up testing missiles and stating they are going to nuke test.

16 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I'm baffled this hasn't happened yet under the guise of a coup

If you are going to covertly support a coup of a nuclear armed neighbor, you better be damn sure whomever you assign to complete it can do so. How could you possibly get that assurance when the leadership is utterly paranoid and the entire population rigidly controlled?

1 hour ago, red321 said:

I think China is well aware...you break it, you buy it...especially since it is your neighbor and they have nuclear weapons. The potential humanitarian crisis, and not just North Korea, but South Korea as well...is massive.

You want to talk about bizzarro world.  Japan is preparing for an influx of refugees.