• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

North Korea leader tells military to be ready to use nuclear weapons at any time

My sister just left for South Korea yesterday. She adopted my niece from a Korean Catholic charity as a baby, and promised to take her there to visit her roots for her 14th birthday.

I really wish she stayed home.

Live coverage from North Korean TV of the "big and important event", namely, the military parade, interspersed with patriotic crap.

It's absolutely maniacal, and the announcer sounds like he's ready to hyperventilate. Unreal. Thousands of manic people, soldiers, weapons, missiles, the works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q901s3wcNSU

Edited by fan_since79

10 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Live coverage from North Korean TV of the "big and important event", namely, the military parade, interspersed with patriotic crap.

It's absolutely maniacal, and the announcer sounds like he's ready to hyperventilate. Unreal. Thousands of manic people, soldiers, weapons, missiles, the works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q901s3wcNSU

Watching all those military people clapping and such.  All I could think of is this.

Except the guy that didn't get the harumph had to feed the dogs.

8 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I've got this. When I was in elementary school during the Cuban missile crisis, I learned that a school desk will protect you from a direct nuclear strike.

it would also save us from flying shards of glass when the windows blew out.

those were some amazing desks, i'm telling ya.' we had them at our school, too.

29 minutes ago, #CF8 said:

Anyone else unimpressed with the MOAB? After all the hype, I expected a lot more.

Why? If you're looking for a death toll, it's 94 and counting, with no reported civilian casualties. It was meant to show ISIS and other terrorists that they aren't safe hiding in caves. It worked perfectly.

Well, it's been a while since we had a good world war.

Seriously though, things are getting very dicey. China and Russia issuing warnings to the U.S. and Pence telling North Korea not to doubt our resolve.

NY Times is calling it a "Cuban missile crisis in slow motion", but it could heat up very quickly.

11 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Well, it's been a while since we had a good world war.

Seriously though, things are getting very dicey. China and Russia issuing warnings to the U.S. and Pence telling North Korea not to doubt our resolve.

NY Times is calling it a "Cuban missile crisis in slow motion", but it could heat up very quickly.

Yup, a game of chicken now.  I actually don't mind Russia and China shadowing the carrier group.  Those two will not fire first, and we will not fire on them.  And it'll be witnesses if something major happens.

What my guess is.  Best case, a warning by Trump, and it'll eventually pass.  Medium case, North Korea is stupid enough to launch missles/fighters at the carrier group.  Which would mean direct provocation and not sure what Russia or China will do about it.  Would probably mean just retaliatory measures, probably love taps on their military targets.  Worse case.  They fire a nuke at the carrier group.  With China and Russia probably saying F this noise.  Possibly giving China reason to invade and take over.  But in the US, it'll pretty much be a declaration of war, and a rally to demolish and oust Short Round.

15 hours ago, Tank said:

it would also save us from flying shards of glass when the windows blew out.

those were some amazing desks, i'm telling ya.' we had them at our school, too.

In retrospect, I suppose that they had to tell us something other than "If you see the flash in the sky, your ass is already bought and paid for."

We had Civil Defense packets at school, and we practiced evacuation by train. All of it exercises in futility, looking back on it. With a father in the military in Florida, I knew a bit more about what was going on than people who just watched the national news. We came very close.

Well, with the president tweeting that NK is "behaving badly" and is a "problem" that "will be taken care of", that tells me he means business.

But words are words, and military actions don't necessarily follow. I think Trump will always try to make a deal first. The question is, will the deal be with China and/or Russia?