• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

North Korea leader tells military to be ready to use nuclear weapons at any time

On 7/24/2017 at 6:03 PM, Blarg said:

North Korea has an entire military that hasn't been battle tested since 1953. They are a parade ready country, nothing more.

Yeah, I am no military expert, but I suspect they are far more bark than bite. Can they even afford the fuel required to support their military equipment?

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

This might actually be within their capabilities right now.

North Korea says seriously considering plan to strike Guam: KCNA

And if they do, just like if they struck S Korea or Japan, I'd be good with Trump bringing the fire and brimstone on them.

I assume if they strike Guam, they will be bombed beyond recognition.

People think Kim Jong Poon is crazy, but what about the egomaniac with tanking approval ratings who could really use a major distraction right now?

10 hours ago, wopphil said:

I assume if they strike Guam, they will be bombed beyond recognition.

People think Kim Jong Poon is crazy, but what about the egomaniac with tanking approval ratings who could really use a major distraction right now?

Right. I think its much more likely that he attacks S Korea, and tells the US that if we get involved, he will bomb Guam.

On 8/8/2017 at 4:59 PM, gotbeer said:

This might actually be within their capabilities right now.

North Korea says seriously considering plan to strike Guam: KCNA

And if they do, just like if they struck S Korea or Japan, I'd be good with Trump bringing the fire and brimstone on them.

guam? why? what the hell did they do to anybody?

Seeing as the Dennis Rodman attempt to broker peace has apparently failed and we have two dipshits waving their tiny dicks in the air...I found this radiolab to be timely...what limits, if any, exist on the President's ability to launch nuclear weapons. Short answer...

Spoiler

yeah...so...we're fucked

http://www.radiolab.org/story/nukes/ (note...you may want to skip forward to minute 4:30 or so, first part of this podcast talks about a new podcast being launched)

President Richard Nixon once boasted that at any moment he could pick up a telephone and - in 20 minutes - kill 60 million people.  Such is the power of the US President over the nation’s nuclear arsenal.  But what if you were the military officer on the receiving end of that phone call? Could you refuse the order?

This episode, we profile one Air Force Major who asked that question back in the 1970s and learn how the very act of asking it was so dangerous it derailed his career. We also pick up the question ourselves and pose it to veterans both high and low on the nuclear chain of command. Their responses reveal once and for all whether there are any legal checks and balances between us and a phone call for Armageddon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/08/10/if-trump-wants-a-nuclear-attack-against-north-korea-his-military-advisers-have-few-other-options/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_checkpoint-authority-630pm-1%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Washington Post has an article in the similar vein for those of you who prefer your horror stories in word format.

Lame attempts at comedy aside, it's a sobering discussion. The idea behind US launch capabilities is that for it to be a credible deterrent (you shoot at me, I blow you up)...the other side actually has to believe you will fire back. In the case of an ICBM launch, we are talking in the terms of minutes, and in that time you don't have lots of room for discussion. But that doesn't necessarily address the idea of first strike, and the fact that there is no actual limits on the president to launch a first strike or checks in place. 

I am the biggest Trump critic there is. But I gotta say, I support him 100% on the Korean issue. Someone needs to tell the fat Korean little dicked fuck exactly what will happen if he so much as farts in the wrong direction, and Trump did exactly that. 

58 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I am the biggest Trump critic there is. But I gotta say, I support him 100% on the Korean issue. Someone needs to tell the fat Korean little dicked fuck exactly what will happen if he so much as farts in the wrong direction, and Trump did exactly that. 

Remember when Bush said that the axis of evil included North Korea, and at the time everyone said WTF?  Since then, our diplomacy has gotten us nowhere, and now they have nukes and soon they with have ICBM capabilities.  Guess we should wait till they can bomb NY and DC, get in a hippie circle, and yell peace love dope till it's all better.