• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Butcher and Baylor fired

Thomas

I don't think I've seen this posted, but I would bet the Butcher hire was done at Arte's request.

From what I understand Butcher was the guy that really went off on DiPoto, incredibly disrespectful to a guy who is his boss. He thought he was all that because at the time the pitching staff was doing well. Scoscia tried to play middle man but Butcher was out of control.

This is Arte removing a potential stumbling block for Eppler while at the same time making it clear to Scoscia that he supports Eppler.

I don't think I've seen this posted, but I would bet the Butcher hire was done at Arte's request.

From what I understand Butcher was the guy that really went off on DiPoto, incredibly disrespectful to a guy who is his boss. He thought he was all that because at the time the pitching staff was doing well. Scoscia tried to play middle man but Butcher was out of control.

This is Arte removing a potential stumbling block for Eppler while at the same time making it clear to Scoscia that he supports Eppler.

That's some pretty deep detective work there partner!

Good stuff ... it's also possible that Scioscia pulled the plug on Butcher. I think it was a group decision that didn't include Arte.

Wasn't it Dave Hansen who coached the hitters in 2014 after Baylor was hurt on opening night?

That is a good recommendation, seeing that the Halos lead the league in runs scored that season.

Black for pitching coach, if he doesn't get a managerial job offer, and Hansen as hitting coach = thumbs up.

Only thing left then amongst the coaches is replacing DiSar as 3B coach, maybe giving him a minor league instructor position?

Roving Minor League Windmill Instructor?

The best windmill since Wavin Wendell!

Why did he send the runner who was so easily thrown out at home? What was he thinking? The answer usually lies not in the coach being incompetent but with the runner not picking up a sign quickly enough, not hustling or not sliding. Sometimes a runner is thrown out simply because of a perfect relay, that more times than not will not occur.

But in 2004, something strange was happening when Chicago Cubs runners began getting thrown out at the plate with increasing frequency. Windy City fans and media unloaded their frustrations on veteran third base coach Wendell Kim, who previously held the same position with the San Francisco Giants and the Boston Red Sox.

The Sad, True, Story of "Wavin Wendell"

http://infinitebaseball.blogspot.com/2011/12/wendell-kim-rounding-third-and-headed.html

Edited by Homebrewer

Yes like Aybar, Perez, Santiago, Victorino (stretching on that one), Albert, Navarro, Salas and Ramos. Also not sure Gingers (like myself) or Demigods (also like myself) should be considered white.

That does beg the question, when Trout is filling out forms and they ask for his ethnicity, does he mark Other?  

Roving Minor League Windmill Instructor?

The best windmill since Wavin Wendell!

Why did he send the runner who was so easily thrown out at home? What was he thinking? The answer usually lies not in the coach being incompetent but with the runner not picking up a sign quickly enough, not hustling or not sliding. Sometimes a runner is thrown out simply because of a perfect relay, that more times than not will not occur.

But in 2004, something strange was happening when Chicago Cubs runners began getting thrown out at the plate with increasing frequency. Windy City fans and media unloaded their frustrations on veteran third base coach Wendell Kim, who previously held the same position with the San Francisco Giants and the Boston Red Sox.

The Sad, True, Story of "Wavin Wendell"

http://infinitebaseball.blogspot.com/2011/12/wendell-kim-rounding-third-and-headed.html

Gnar.

Did not know that.