• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Butcher and Baylor fired

Thomas

My argument was everyone thought he was incompetent, he got a job with as you put it a shitty organization. Jerry who everyone praised and thought was the next coming of Billy Beane or Theo Epstein also got a job, with an equally shitty organization. My point is these are all good baseball men but since the hatred for Scioscia is so strong that Jerry was put on a pedestal and anyone associated with Scioscia (Butcher) was considered awful and unhirable.

Strad normally I leave your comments alone because they are generally pretty logical even if I disagree but I don't think anyone here said or believed that when Jerry got hired that he was the next coming of Billy Beane. Almost everyone here had never even heard of him and I don't recall anyone saying he was Beane or Epstein in all fairness.

An exaggeration sure, but not that far off the truth. Dipoto was in a no lose situation, he replaced Reagins and served as a counter to the MS/Arte hate train. To his credit he moved on to another team where he is again thought to be replacing an incompetent GM and will again be dealing with an ownership group that's been considered difficult to work under.

Teflon v. 2.0

With the greatest respect IP you've jumped the shark on your "Teflon Jerry" nickname. It has become as stale as the Jerry defenders. Also any new first time GM is NEVER in a no lose situation, it's just not possible to be bullet proof in a brand new first time position. In fact they will look for reasons NOT to keep you (i.e. Arte). Let's not overly exaggerate the situation one way or the other please.

With the greatest respect IP you've jumped the shark on your "Teflon Jerry" nickname. It has become as stale as the Jerry defenders. Also any new first time GM is NEVER in a no lose situation, it's just not possible to be bullet proof in a brand new first time position. In fact they will look for reasons NOT to keep you (i.e. Arte). Let's not overly exaggerate the situation one way or the other please.

The Teflon Jerry nickname is about the people on here. A first time GM never being in a no lose situation has to do with the reality of being a MLB GM. We don't always deal with reality on our website.

The name fits...   And maybe you have missed it but I fully admit it's a reaction to the Beliebers.   I know you don't care for it -- I also know I respond to about 1/10th of the Jerry slobberknocking posts.   JD has been given a great deal of cushion by certain Angels fans in large part because of the situation he was in and the biases held by some -- that might not be true of everyone, but it's true enough.  So lets go easy on the talk of exaggerations..  hyperbole, fine..  but it's based on a level of reality.

Edited by Inside Pitch

The name fits...   And maybe you have missed it but I fully admit it's a reaction to the Beliebers.   I know you don't care for it -- I also know I respond to about 1/10th of the Jerry slobberknocking posts.   JD has been given a great deal of cushion by certain Angels fans in large part because of the situation he was in and the biases held by some -- that might not be true of everyone, but its true enough.  So lets go easy on the talk of exaggerations..  hyperbole, fine..  but it's based on a level of reality.

In fairness we should have stopped using JeDi after the Blanton, Madson signings too. I think I just have an overall problem with name calling to be honest. There just doesn't seem to be any middle ground between the two groups. At times it's almost like two political parties.

In fairness we should have stopped using JeDi after the Blanton, Madson signings too. I think I just have an overall problem with name calling to be honest. There just doesn't seem to be any middle ground between the two groups. At times it's almost like two political parties.

As I said above -- I don't really have any issues with Jerry.   Unfortunately he left before we could see how his master plan could play out.  I believe he had the right idea, I believe he was hurt by ownership's refusal to let him bring in his own manager.   Does that mean I think MS is a moron?  Not really, but I doubt JD would have been given as much rope as he has been (by fans), had he not had a built in foil.

You may not like that I make the Teflon comments, but I feel I've been very fair to Jerry and that's not aimed at him..     

FTR: I didn't really have any issues with the JeDi moniker -- deserved or not, it was clever.

Edited by Inside Pitch