• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Butcher and Baylor fired

Thomas

Now we have two coaching vacancies, who are the best candidates and why?

I'll start: Bud Black for pitching coach, and as a possible candidate for a managerial replacement sometime in the future. Hitting coach: Chili Davis, was able to provide a real boost to Oakland offensively in a pitcher's park.

A more important question is whether or not the Angels dip into free agency or examine the trade market?

Could you imagine the AW shenanigans that would ensue if Sosh were to be fired? Part of me hopes it happens solely for that reason.

I imagine it would be like Project X meets the Battle for Helms Deep, only with more boner jokes.

I'm stuck between wanting to laugh and concern at how closely our movie watching habits align.

I am actually not surprised about Baylor.  He didn't seem overly engaged.

Getting rid of Butcher is the shock.  He seemed to have strong repoire with MS and appeared to do a decent job with the young guys.  

I would love to see Buddy Black back in the saddle.  Don't know why, but Gubicza's name popped into my head as a replacement.   Maybe I'm having some sort of weird hallucination.  

I think I was in the minority but I liked Butcher. And Baylor is a legend. Good luck to both of them finding work or retiring

Actually, I like both of them personally a lot.  I found nothing special about either one of their performances as a coach with the Angels.  I'll always remember the very tactful manner in which Butcher handled the death of Nick Adenhart with his parents.  That was special to me.  Baylor, I'll always think of the player, a great team player who played the game very hard and with passion.  I hope both find happiness in their future life whatever they chose to do.

I have nothing much else to say, I just hope we attract some great replacements.

The other thing that didn't sit well in terms of how that went down was that Jerry was allowed to immediately catch on with another team.  Never made sense to me that there wouldn't have been a non-compete clause in his contract that states he can't go to another team right away if he were to quit.  

In terms of employment, non-compete clauses are unenforceable in California.

Butcher had a good story about when he was in little league.  He didn't want to pitch because he was afraid to hit someone so he told his dad.  His dad told him not to worry about it and that if he hits someone he should hit the next one too.  So he goes out there and sure enough, he hits the first batter he faces.  Second kid steps in the box and Mike hits him too.  So the kid on deck starts to cry.