• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Butcher and Baylor fired

Thomas

Actually both are cancer survivors, I'll stand up for them for that fact alone.

Didn't know that. In my understanding, Baylor wasn't with the team on road trips on many occasions, and missed a lot of games. He certainly had the expertise, but probably wasn't fit enough to do his job through the grind of the season. 

Where were all these feel good Butcher stories before he was fired?

Too many people were too busy crying about "how he sleeps like a baby".  They would rather bury him on something ludicrous, than confuse the image with additional facts.

i can understand wanting black for pitching coach, but for the life of me, why do some of you guys want him as a managerial replacement? he was god awful in san diego and it wasn't just because of his roster. his management was really bad.

It's a reasonable question, do pitching coaches make good managers? I can't think of any who have become winning managers. Maybe you guys have examples?

The idea of a single Manager seems old-school. Maybe it makes more sense to have a locker-room manager to keep personalities in check and to resolve personal issues and an in-game manager to make decisions on the field. What is a bench coach for?

i can understand wanting black for pitching coach, but for the life of me, why do some of you guys want him as a managerial replacement? he was god awful in san diego and it wasn't just because of his roster. his management was really bad.

totally agree. 

black would be fine to resume his job as pitching coach. anything other than that wouldn't be a good idea.

Butcher had a good story about when he was in little league. He didn't want to pitch because he was afraid to hit someone so he told his dad. His dad told him not to worry about it and that if he hits someone he should hit the next one too. So he goes out there and sure enough, he hits the first batter he faces. Second kid steps in the box and Mike hits him too. So the kid on deck starts to cry.

Butchers dad for manager/pitching coach.

For the love of God that is absurd.

Neither of them had contracts past this year and Baylor has been asked to stay with the organization. So them being fired is also absurd.

If in three years when Scioscia's contract is not extended will we consider him fired?

Edited by Stradling

Neither of them had contracts past this year and Baylor has been asked to stay with the organization. So them being fired is also absurd.

If in three years when Scioscia's contract is not extended will we consider him fired?

Troll Daddy would be proud of this effort.