• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Butcher and Baylor fired

Thomas

Wow.  So interesting.  

I have to assume that after what happened between MS and Dipoto in regards to Hatcher, that this was done with Scioscia's full consent.  

We talk about Teflon Jerry, but for those two to take the fall and MS to be free and clear is pretty impressive.  

When the whole JD debacle went down there was some indication that one of the coaches stood up to JD and called him out.  One of my theories was that the ultimatum given from JD to Arte wasn't that MS needed to be fired but the coach that embarrassed him.  At the top of the list of guys that would have spoke up were Butcher and Baylor.  Maybe I am off base, but now that they have been let go it seems that JD really was forced out.  

The other thing that didn't sit well in terms of how that went down was that Jerry was allowed to immediately catch on with another team.  Never made sense to me that there wouldn't have been a non-compete clause in his contract that states he can't go to another team right away if he were to quit.  

Anyway, this is big news and it will be interesting to see Scioscia's comments in this regard.  

Now we have two coaching vacancies, who are the best candidates and why?

I'll start:  Bud Black for pitching coach, and as a possible candidate for a managerial replacement sometime in the future.  Hitting coach:  Chili Davis (now Boston's hitting coach), was able to provide a real boost to Oakland offensively in a pitcher's park.

Edited by tomsred