• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Shane Victorino.

Richard

Sure would be nice to platoon Victorino with Reddick, but no chance Beane caves on that one.

Also, CarGo would be a nice platoon with Victorino as well. Like Reddick, CarGo hits RHP's really well but struggles against lefties

Edited by CanadianHalo

not the kind of move you make BEFORE others, more like what you do AFTER to fill in the blanks... this netter be a precursor to something very large coming in the next few days

I don't think that is necessarily true.  For example what if a future move is conditioned on giving up someone like Navarro, Green, or Robertson, then you would want to be sure you have OF depth before you did that.

And out of those stats above what were they in Bahstan with the Mahnsta?....

So you made me stop and think Slappy and I went and pulled up and separated out the numbers. All the numbers listed are Victorino hitting LHP as a RHH:

Before Boston - 6.25 PA/1B, 16.55 PA/2B, 81.67 PA/3B, 30.62 PA/HR

Time in Boston - 4.86 PA/1B, 19.43 PA/2B, 0.00 PA/3B, 34.00 PA/HR

So basically Victorino hit a lot more singles in Boston and less extra base hits. Since a lot of singles probably don't even make it to the monster I'd say that it didn't really play much of a factor.

well, they've got the 30 day DL that then gets extended 45 days....

he's gotta make it to Sept. 1.

One more time, there is no 30 day DL or 45 day DL there is only the 15 day DL and 60 day DL.

A club may place an injured player on the 15- or 60-day disabled list by submitting to the commissioner’s office an application, accompanied by a diagnosis from the club physician.

http://www.cbabaseball.com/rules/index.php?title=Disabled_List_(MLB)

A player on the 15 day DL counts against the 40 man roster. On the 60 he doesn't. Cowgill is currently on the 60 day DL, he was placed there to make room for Rasmus.

Edited by notti

I personally hate anything that comes from Boston, particularly the big headed Victorino–but we traded Rutledge for a decent OF, and that's OK by me. 

If Jerry had made this trade, we would have given up a couple more prospects. 

Dudes got a landing strip on his head

Sexy

That's where the aliens come to land at night, and put little thoughts in your mind.  Some of you will wish you had one, because some of them are desirable females.

alien1-2.gif

Edited by tomsred

I don't see what the problem is with acquiring him. Better than having Joyce out there both in left and in the box. They've been doing some shuffling to the roster as of late and I haven't been paying attention so I don't know who else is available to be out there, but I've never had a problem with Shane.

Hopefully if we hold on to him he can be productive with us, and I think he can be.

$1,854,098.00 is what the Angels will be paying for a player with a $15 million contract and all we gave up was Rutledge. Victorino has some grit and might bring some fire to this team provided he can stay healthy. The Angels only gave up Jairo Diaz to get Rutledge and Diaz has not been good this year in the minors.

Edited by LAAMike