• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Shane Victorino.

Richard

Victorino slash line vs. LHP in 2015: .343./.439/.457, wRC+ 155, .379 BABIP.

Career slash line vs. LHP (as a right handed hitter only): .304/.373/.502, wRC+ 134, .320 BABIP

He should do really well for us hitting vs. LHP at lead-off, the 2-hole, or the 5-hole.

Edited by ettin

What?

This is a depth move or at best a platoon partner in a starting role that will see less time than his counterpart of the platoon.

More than that we added a veteran with Championship experience. 

I like the move. 

I like it too for those exact points...depth is good

Victorino is a good rental for us.

Joyce will be placed on 45 day DL (instead of getting DFA'd) and Victorino will be an upgrade.

Joyce will be off the DL about Sept. 1 just in time for the rosters to expand to 40 and, that's why he avoid getting DFA'd

I don't see Victorino being anything more than a rental but then, what did we give up? Rutledge, a guy who was supposed to be our staring 2B this year and never made the roster out of ST -- got out played by Giavoetlla in ST and then ran into the Rule 5 thing with Featherston........I don't think Rutledge has been called up for even one game with the Halos this year.

Hopefully he can at least stick on the BoSox roster and perhaps play some 3B when the Penguin goes down (or can't play the field well -- which is often).

I like this deal -- not a blockbuster, obviously, but helps us -- good old Stoney.

go get david murphy.  the platoon of Victorino/Murphy in LF gives you an .800 ops OFer with solid defense.  Then go get Lind to DH with Cron.

Murphy I could see....Would be surprised if they get Lind...he would actually cost something....

I don't see this deal as any sort of precursor -- in fact - in the off chance we might have made a run at Cespedes -- I don't see anything close to that happening now.

remember, this is Stoneman back at the helm -- small steps.  DiPoto might have made a splash going for a guy like Cespedes and trying to extend him - but not Stoneman and not now.

Stoneman in addition to being the Stoneman we all know (cautious) is also an interim short-timer which makes him even more cautious with any long term acquisition.

the shelf-life of any of Stoney's player additions is likely to be through September (hopefully, October), 2015.

I can see us picking up some stretch run pitching help, perhaps a starter and/or pen guy bumping someone to long relief (or as insurance for Weaver who pitches this week in a Class A rehab assignment ).