• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Shane Victorino.

Richard

I have to believe that Victorino will be a bench bat/4th OF. I'd be truly surprised if they put him in a corner full-time. He crushes LHP and since Cowgill is out for what might be an extended period of time putting Victor in his spot seems like a good depth move?

Exactly. Improves the depth and they gave up nothing and are only on the hook for $1.1 million.

Tom ‏@Haudricourt 1m1 minute ago

Angels were one of teams with interest in #Brewers Gerardo Parra. Trade for Victorino instead. Obviously didn't have match for Parra.

that just made me dislike this trade more.

As far as victorino, weve effectively replaced joyce. Ow we just need to replace victorino.

I thought we'd go under the radar and get Murphy or Coghlan....we haven't found the radar yet....

They could still add a player like Murphy. It looks like the Angels are looking at a platoon situation in LF. Victorino would play vs LHP

Cubs are in contention but their offense has been really bad so I'm not sure Coghlan can be had tbh

Parra/Revere/Murphy would all make sense. Shouldn't cost too much and then they can roll with a platoon in LF with one of them and Victorino. Maybe still add another bat, preferably a left-handed DH so they can have a platoon there with that player and Cron