• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Shane Victorino.

Richard

@ettin....Thanks but, I want to know his home stats vs Lefties in Boston vs on the road. I don't want highlights and bits.... I'm too lazy and old to do it on my own....Thanks!

Okey dokey! Boston career numbers vs. LHP, Home/Road:

Home: 133 PA's, 4.75 PA's/1B, 14.78 PA's/2B, 0 3B's, 26.60 PA's/HR

Away: 139 PA's, 4.96 PA's/1B, 27.80 PA's/2B, 0 3B's, 46.33 PA's/HR

So during his time at Boston, at home, he hit more 2B's and HR's. A majority of those doubles and all of the HR's were tight down the left field line.

post-448-45151_thumb.jpg

Edited by ettin

go get david murphy. the platoon of Victorino/Murphy in LF gives you an .800 ops OFer with solid defense. Then go get Lind to DH with Cron.

as much as i understand the reasoning behind this, im teminded of what we all said about joyce this last winter...im on board with going non splashy, as someone mentioned victorino/murphy, if it means we retain our main prospects. That said, with catcher and 3b being average, 2b being fun but possible fall off at some point, id just prefer to get a bonafide plus bat starter.

Thats obviously easier said than done. And again, im ok with going on a budget. Id just prefer we get an actual addition. Street made a huge impact last year. It obviously didnt get us over the hump at the end, but it helped a hell of a lot more than the previous approach to fixing the pen. As far as offense goes, we havent really added anyone since hamilton (and i can see why). But it would be nice to get an actual guy we can fill in to LF over the next 2-3 years who can hit.

I'm perfectly fine with platooning Murphy and Victorino. What I do hope we'll do is try to acquire backup AAA depth with the same type of platoon issues so that if one of the platoon partners goes down we have an immediate replacement and don't skip a beat.

Maybe that's Kubitza playing more left field in AAA to act as a possible replacement if Murphy goes down. We have Cowgill and Robertson to back up Victorino.

For the love of f^#, Godda)(*&, Fuc*&9, TRADE TROPEANO AND GOTT FOR CESPEDES!!!! NOW!!!!!!

Did you know Cespedes is just a rental, that he walks as a free agent in the off season? The Angels would not receive draft pick compensation.

So you want to let go of a guy that could take a rotation spot next season and a relief pitcher with a high upside for a couple months of Cespedes. Doesn't sound like a fair trade for the Angels but the Tigers would probably pull the trigger since they will be in desperate need of cost controlled arms.

So will the Angels if they throw them away for a couple months of a player that guarantees nothing in terms of success.

Did you know Cespedes is just a rental, that he walks as a free agent in the off season? The Angels would not receive draft pick compensation.

So you want to let go of a guy that could take a rotation spot next season and a relief pitcher with a high upside for a couple months of Cespedes. Doesn't sound like a fair trade for the Angels but the Tigers would probably pull the trigger since they will be in desperate need of cost controlled arms.

So will the Angels if they throw them away for a couple months of a player that guarantees nothing in terms of success.

This is the year.  Yes he's a rental.  But if Skaggs OR Newcomb can be just as good as Tropeano, not better, just as good, then hell yeah you go for it this year..  Are you saying Trop or Skaggs guarantees success in the future??  They aren't even guaranteed to play in the big leagues ever.  I was there in 2002, game 2 and game 7.  I want that now and this team is good enough.  We have Pujols being the Pujols we wanted, we have Trout, we have Calhoun and Aybar.  What are we waiting for? We were right there last year and got run over by KC.  I know.. let's blow off the year.  Build the farm system for some distant dynasty that never happens, bitch and complain about the manager, blah, blah..  F that, let's go all in now.  It's time.  I'll take one WS this year, like 2002, over any BS wishful thinking in the future any day and twice on Sundays.

Wait until the off-season to sign Cespedes.

No more rental acquisitions that cost key prospects!

Which, in the hypothetical they want Cespedes, is why you go with two cheaply acquired platoon partners.

The price is right for this deal.  Vic will be good against lefties, a good baserunner, a proven post-season performer, and a great influence in the clubhouse.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play for us... But, then again, I was thrilled at the Hamilton signing too.  We'll see.

Stoneman could really troll us by stopping right here. When Joyce comes back from his headache we get a Victorino/Joyce platoon in left.

One of either Cespedes, Bruce, Lind, or Murphy had better be on our roster come August 1st, or this place may explode.

Don't you mean that fan_since79 May explode?  I bet we get another player, but it won't be any of the four you mentioned.

This is the year.  Yes he's a rental.  But if Skaggs OR Newcomb can be just as good as Tropeano, not better, just as good, then hell yeah you go for it this year..  Are you saying Trop or Skaggs guarantees success in the future??  They aren't even guaranteed to play in the big leagues ever.  I was there in 2002, game 2 and game 7.  I want that now and this team is good enough.  We have Pujols being the Pujols we wanted, we have Trout, we have Calhoun and Aybar.  What are we waiting for? We were right there last year and got run over by KC.  I know.. let's blow off the year.  Build the farm system for some distant dynasty that never happens, bitch and complain about the manager, blah, blah..  F that, let's go all in now.  It's time.  I'll take one WS this year, like 2002, over any BS wishful thinking in the future any day and twice on Sundays.

I like your passion, but Newcomb is untouchable, imo. The kid's going to be an ace.