• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good for Dipoto

Chuck

i live by a code of ethics and i expect it in my relationships. i just don't think i can support these two men after these revelations. i have an extremely bitter taste in my mouth and all of this is sitting sideways in my jaw. this one may not be recoverable for me, i may have to let the angels operate at a distance, until moreno and scioscia are no longer a part of the organization. it's not even about dipoto actually, it's the type of people they've revealed themselves to be.

i'm profoundly disappointed today.

i live by a code of ethics and i expect it in my relationships. i just don't think i can support these two men after these revelations. i have an extremely bitter taste in my mouth and all of this is sitting sideways in my jaw. this one may not be recoverable for me, i may have to let the angels operate at a distance, until moreno and scioscia are no longer a part of the organization. it's not even about dipoto actually, it's the type of people they've revealed themselves to be.

i'm profoundly disappointed today.

Here, this story should make you feel better

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gm-jerry-dipoto-s-departure-reveals-mike-scioscia-to-be-unquestioned-ruler-of-angels-215115777.html

Arte and Sosh, thanks for this cluster****

I really liked JD and hate seeing him go.  However, I also believe in a certain code and that is not quitting in the middle of a season.  I don't have a problem with him telling Moreno to take the job is shove it but you don't do it in the middle of a playoff race.  I can not say "good for him".  He quit on the team, he quit on the players he brought in, he quit on his personal  he brought in, and he leHeft at a crucial time in the season.  Sorry I have no respect for that.  

As for Scioscia, I am going to hate seeing him go.  However, Moreno is really not going to have a choice.  A public feud like this leaves only one alternative.  Clean house!  But that should be done by the end of the season.  Sosh will move on, get rehired quickly.  He has won and won consistently.  He has taken a franchise on the brink of contraction and won a WS and five division titles in 13 years.  I believe he has only had three losing seasons.  He will be rehired quickly.

JD:  he shot  himself in the head.  He maybe be in the right from a logical stand point but you never quit in the middle of a season.  You never leave your team hanging when they need you the most.  This will hurt him a great deal in the job market.  I hope he learns from it and over comes it.

As much as I like what he's done as GM I wouldn't trust hiring him. Men don't quit multimillion dollar contracts because their feelings are hurt, at the very least you stick it out for the season.

I used to coach HS football at my alma mater. One season I worked with a new head coach that I did not get along with. He knew he was stuck with me for the season, the team only knew my offense, and he did whatever he could to ruin the season. Benched starters if we were up by 2 scores, didn't "believe in conditioning" despite the fact everyone played both sides of the ball, implemented a defensive audible where the entire d-line lined up outside the tackles and only used it on 3rd/4th and short, took over the play calling if we got inside the 10, omg you get the picture this man was clearly possessed. Basically he was miserable when we were winning, because the school would have forced him to keep me around. I contemplated verbally assaulting the guy and quitting with some pizazz after he turned an 11 minute game winning TD drive into a pick 6 the other way. I felt like the kids got robbed because of the head coaches hatred towards me. Instead I stuck it out, the toughest 2k I've ever earned, and made sure to prepare the offense and kicking teams as well as I could. When the dust finally settled we had set a school record for points per game(43), didn't allow a kickoff or punt return for TD, and finished DEAD LAST in the STATE for points allowed per game(2,178). I spent the next 10 months fending off phone calls from other coaches trying to bring me in. Two seasons later my alma mater shutdown their football program altogether. 

Hopefully history shows that Dipoto did a great job. Right now though, this looks like the dumbest thing he could have done, career-wise.

As much as I like what he's done as GM I wouldn't trust hiring him. Men don't quit multimillion dollar contracts because their feelings are hurt, at the very least you stick it out for the season.

I've seen people walk away from jobs that pull down top 1% salaries for less but at the crux of it all is the fact that they weren't happy.  This isn't something that happened over night as it's the culmination of years of issues.  I think he'll have no issue getting another job.  

It's unfortunate it came to this but it is what it is.    

I've seen people walk away from jobs that pull down top 1% salaries for less but at the crux of it all is the fact that they weren't happy.  This isn't something that happened over night as it's the culmination of years of issues.  I think he'll have no issue getting another job.  

It's unfortunate it came to this but it is what it is.    

I've resigned from a job paying more than 1% of Scisocia's annual salary at a non-socially-acceptable time due to a work environment and job role that was a poor overall fit for me. Not sure I would have done the same for even 10% of his salary though, let alone 100%.

Edited by ScottLux

Dipoto quit on the team in the middle of the season. I liked a lot of things he did, but he's incredibly unprofessional...still sad to see him go. 

Jerry Dipoto has left this organization in a much better position then when he arrived. Hate to see him go. Yes he made some bad decisions along the way and I believe he was also pushed into some (Hamilton).

I hope he finds great success in future endeavors as long as it is not against us.

Disagree back. This is sports and you don't quit in the middle of the season. That is a cardinal sin in sports.

Disagree...some situatiuons are not tenable. This isn't a marriage...he's not a soldier in a foxhole...its a job. If he's not allowed to do the job he was hired to do and is basically ignored, he's not required to stick around.

Disagree back. This is sports and you don't quit in the middle of the season. That is a cardinal sin in sports.

How much of that is you personally feeling let down because it involves your team and you think it might adversely effect it?

Dipoto quit on the team in the middle of the season. I liked a lot of things he did, but he's incredibly unprofessional...still sad to see him go.

^^^This^^^....I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on him to get another GM job....If it was that bad, resign in the offseason....give everybody a chance to start over, him included....

if he had lost respect from the manager and the owner, and if they were preventing him from doing his job as he was promised, he was absolutely 100% correct to quit now.

there's a lot we don't know still, so as things are revealed, which we know won't be much, it'll be interesting to see what comes out.

would you tolerate a hostile work environment that was keeping you from doing the job you were promised and making your miserable in the process?

Resigning in the middle of a sports season is a cardinal sin?  Hilarious.

Clearly, the situation was bad.  Jerry Dipoto forfeited salary and may have ruined his chances of getting another GM job.  Expecting him to continue to deal with what drove him out... just so he could resign when it is more convenient for fans and this year's club... oy vey.  As someone said, it isnt a marriage.  He didn't sign up for the armed forces.  

if he had lost respect from the manager and the owner, and if they were preventing him from doing his job as he was promised, he was absolutely 100% correct to quit now.

there's a lot we don't know still, so as things are revealed, which we know won't be much, it'll be interesting to see what comes out.

would you tolerate a hostile work environment that was keeping you from doing the job you were promised and making your miserable in the process?

Sounds like Dipoto is not an effective communicator. 

Sounds like he didn't want to say "Yes sir, Mr. Scioscia"

I know everyone who went Spring Training fanfests has a heavy heart right now, but in 3 1/2 years the Angels still have a bottom tier farm system, blew their entire International load on one guy, and have little to no depth on the offensive side of things.