• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good for Dipoto

Chuck

Neither of them will ever come back here, that isn't the point.

The fact is we had them both and didn't keep them.

That's silly. They were separated by over five years. You can't really think like that. There was zero chance the Angels were going to give Maddon the job over Scioscia back when Maddon was hired by the Rays.

That's silly. They were separated by over five years. You can't really think like that. There was zero chance the Angels were going to give Maddon the job over Scioscia back when Maddon was hired by the Rays.

There was a greater chance the Angels would have left Maddon in the position at the time Scioscia was hired.

I'm pleased for DiPoto -- I think he will do well up in the Pacific Northwest and the organization and area may suit him better.

I wish he didn't go to Seattle because they are a division rival and I am convinced DiPoto will not only make them better but use his knowledge of the Halos organization and the rest of the AL West against us.

As for the M's -- it's an upgrade for them -- they may have been one of the most disappointing teams (them and the Washington Nationals) in MLB this year.

Good for DiPoto -- I wish him well, but not to do that well.

actually, DiPoto could be a huge success up in Seattle...........not so much because of what he can do or will do but more because of his predecessors in the Seattle GM job.

has there been any team more snake bit than the Seattle M's who regularly lead the league in "Most Disappointing Season" rankings.

With a few exceptions (Cano is one), it seems as if almost every huge dollar F/A the M's have signed over , GEEZ, at least the last decade or so has flopped and the team has seldom lived up to the pre-season hype about 'how improved' they are.

the one season they had the best record in baseball, they promptly exited the playoffs in the first round (I know, there is a team from Anaheim that got swept by KC to do the same thing).

but the point is, if DiPoto can post any kind of winning record up in Seattle and sign some players who do half way decent -- he could well be one of the more successful GM's in M's history.

and after the 2015 season, really no where to go but up............

• 3 years later...
On 7/2/2015 at 7:00 AM, eligrba said:

Good for Dipoto.  He has demonstrated an ability to do the job well.  He has a bright future and should not worry about resigning in midseason because adults live in a world that is more gray than black and white..  This might be the beginning of another Mike Napoli story in a GM version.

STFU

Who hijacked my account?  

On 7/1/2015 at 5:31 PM, Jimmag said:

Jerry Dipoto has left this organization in a much better position then when he arrived. Hate to see him go. Yes he made some bad decisions along the way and I believe he was also pushed into some (Hamilton).

I hope he finds great success in future endeavors as long as it is not against us.

Hmmmm

On 7/1/2015 at 7:27 PM, Section517 said:

Scioscia 

Bob_Barnes.jpg

Dipoto

6afc88ae423069fe0a2551cf75432427.jpg

Pujols

john-mcginley-platoon1.jpg?w=468&h=309

Aybar the gullible grunt

Bunny-0.jpg

Trout

Sheen_As_Taylor1-1024x679.jpg

Love this.

But this is more dipoto

BlackMeanBaiji-max-1mb.gif

Actually, when it gets bad, and Junior runs off, leaving bunny (sosh) to fight alone...then knocks himself out running into a tree....thats dipoto. Gut cant find a gif for it.

I'll say this, having met Dipoto several times and having him as our guest speaker for our events, plus inviting us into his office to interview him, I thought he was genuinely a nice guy that knew what he was doing. 

It wasn't until a bit after this thread and him signing on with the Mariners that I got the inside info on what actually happened behind the scenes. That put a nasty taste in my mouth, in addition to realizing how Effed up he left our payroll and farm system. 

On 7/2/2015 at 2:10 AM, calscuf said:

My favorite part is how so many of our posters here now are actually former MLB players and scouts.

I've played against you guys in our softball games. You're either nerds or fat guys or both. You're going to have to work harder at making the throw from 2B to 1B to trick me.

Reminds me of the Mariners farm system.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'll say this, having met Dipoto several times and having him as our guest speaker for our events, plus inviting us into his office to interview him, I thought he was genuinely a nice guy that knew what he was doing. 

It wasn't until a bit after this thread and him signing on with the Mariners that I got the inside info on what actually happened behind the scenes. That put a nasty taste in my mouth, in addition to realizing how Effed up he left our payroll and farm system. 

So, no Christmas cards?