• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GI Joke Von Clownstick (Trump): Palin to interview Trump tonight!

That guy was being and idoit. He wouldn't let any reporter ask their question. Guy was trying to hijack the Q&A. The only option was to kick that moron out. 

When I first saw the headline I thought, here we go again. When I watched the video, the Univision guy was out of line and should have been kicked out.

You just know Trump is wearing that hat to try to hide his horrible hairpiece.  Why isn't anybody asking him about that?

He's wearing the hat because he wants to make America Great Glen...don't believe me...it's right their on his hat.

"We know his goal is to make America great again," a woman said. "It's on his hat. And we see it every time it's on TV. Everything that he's doing, there's no doubt why he's doing it: it's to make America great again."

By the by...this should be cross posted on the thread who are the Donald Trump voters.

I'm sure Trump looks like the big man on campus, to people inclined to support him.

Not quite sure how yelling "Go Back to *cough Mexico cough* Univision" is going to play with the millions of Hispanic voters and people who already have questionable views of Trump. Need proof...go look at how this is being portrayed on the Univision Website and spanish language media. (Hint...not well).

In the same 24 hour news cycle he managed to launch misogynistic attack on a Fox News reporter, and what many will view as having a racially charged encounter with one of the most popular Spanish reporter in the country. Quite an impressive day. 

Coming out of the last presidential cycle the Republican Party identified they needed to make huge inroads in to the Hispanic community to remain relevant in national elections...it certainly seems like they have abandoned that position and decided to become the white party.

I'm sure Trump looks like the big man on campus, to people inclined to support him.

Not quite sure how yelling "Go Back to *cough Mexico cough* Univision" is going to play with the millions of Hispanic voters and people who already have questionable views of Trump. Need proof...go look at how this is being portrayed on the Univision Website and spanish language media. (Hint...not well).

In the same 24 hour news cycle he managed to launch misogynistic attack on a Fox News reporter, and what many will view as having a racially charged encounter with one of the most popular Spanish reporter in the country. Quite an impressive day. 

Coming out of the last presidential cycle the Republican Party identified they needed to make huge inroads in to the Hispanic community to remain relevant in national elections...it certainly seems like they have abandoned that position and decided to become the white party.

Don't worry.  When Trump is elected president, I'm sure this type of reception will go over well with other world leaders.  We will quickly become Britain on the world stage.  Not that we aren't already heading in that direction.

I think Trump understands that Hispanics aren't going to vote Republican.  Never have, never will.  You can give them amnesty, whatever but they still won't vote Republican.

He seems to be the only one who gets it.

I think Trump understands that Hispanics aren't going to vote Republican.  Never have, never will.  You can give them amnesty, whatever but they still won't vote Republican.

Bush did well with Hispanics, as did Reagan.  The guys that didn't do well with Hispanics didn't win.

Pretty short sighted and ignorant viewpoint...just look at California and the state of the Republican party to see how that goes. Prop 187 destroyed the Republican Party in California.

Without generalizing too much, Hispanics tends to be socially more conservative and candidates like GW Bush had made significant strides in that community. While Hispanics tended to vote Democratic, the gap wasn't nearly as wide (49D/27R in 2007) vs (70D/22R in 2012) as it is now. Add in number of Hispanic voters is projected to double in the next few decades.

Coming out of the 2012 election Republicans had identified they needed to make inroads in to that community...but it would appear you can't win the white...err...Republican primary doing that. Rubio learned that lesson pretty quickly when he was forced to sprint away from his immigration reform plan almost immediately. Perry is a terrible candidate, but he became DOA in 2012 when he came out as an immigration moderate. The question really become just how much damage does Trump and the race to the bottom hurt the party in the long run.

Edited by red321

Bush did well with Hispanics, as did Reagan.  The guys that didn't do well with Hispanics didn't win.

It depends on what you mean by "do well."  I think those presidents did not receive a majority of the Hispanic vote.  Even in 1980 Carter still got 56% of the Hispanic vote to Reagan's 37%

But I agree a Republican candidate will get some of the Hispanic vote.