• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh blaming more people....

Eff Hamilton.....why? How about this gem:

“I thought it was pretty funny, after my third at-bat of the first game, I got booed,” Hamilton said. “I’m like, seriously? I’m out for a month, put all kinds of poison in my body to even attempt to play, and get booed. Whatever. It’s kind of comical.....
...I don’t take offense to it because they don’t know me. There is no personal interaction.”
“We don’t necessarily play for the people in the stands,” he said. “We play for each other. We spend every day with each other. We have relationships with each other. We love each other. We fight for each other. That’s what we play for.”

Hey Josh f-vck you a-whole....

here's an example of Arte's conversation with Josh

Josh:  Hi Mr. Moreno.   Thanks for taking my call.  I just wanted to let you know that I a working real hard to be the player that you saw in a Rangers uniform

Arte:  That's great, but what about your relapse with cocaine?

Josh:  What about it?

Arte:  Well, you sat across a table from me, looked me in the eye, and said it wouldn't be a problem

Josh:  But I'm an addict

Arte:  But we gave you a contract commensurate with your baseball skill and disregarded your past because you and your agent gave us assurances

Arte:  So your word means nothing and you used a technicality in the JDA to get off scott free?

Arte:  Fine then.  So what happened with your performance for the first two years of the contract?

Josh:  Sorry, wrong number.  CLICK

It is really quite impressive by the way that this guy is constantly searching for ways to push the self destruct button.

He's going to continue to fail both on and off the field. If he couldn't accept responsibility and apologize for what he did off the field then he won't really care or take responsibility for how he performs on the field. He's toast and he's only there to collect a check.

“I thought it was pretty funny, after my third at-bat of the first game, I got booed,” Hamilton said. “I’m like, seriously? I’m out for a month, put all kinds of poison in my body to even attempt to play, and get booed. Whatever. It’s kind of comical."

Yes, Joshy...  we all know how you hate putting poisons into your body...   Lord knows you'd never do that.

His hands are very clean. They did not get one bit dirty when he refused to report to the Arizona Fall League as the Angels requested.

I don't think they ever requested him to show up at the AFL, that is for prospects showcasing in October /November.

It's not really surprising that Joshy-poo doesn't feel any responsibility for his actions, because all this time the media has made him out to be the victim. I'm sure it's all he hears. "Oh poor Josh, the big bad Angels turned their backs on him when he needed them the most. He's so brave!".

It's comical, really. Dude does an illegal drug (by law standards, not just MLB standards) and his employers are the bad guys for wanting him to be responsible.

****ing liberals.

Hey, I'm as liberal as they come, and I think the entire idea of not holding Hamilton accountable for his actions is bullshit. Stupid and enabling people are on both sides of the aisle.

From what I read Arte refused talking to him well before Hamilton relapsed. That's an issue.

Here's a question. At most large companies, can you just stroll into the CEO's office or get them on the phone whenever you want? This seems like more entitlement on Josh's part to me. If this is even credible, and knowing Josh that's iffy to start, he talked to the front off and they said they'd pass on the message, that's what generally happens in most companies.

Plus, as mentioned, there really wasn't anything to talk about here. Josh had obligations to the team in terms of performance, et al; he wasn't living up to them. Some sort of hollow, self-deprecating "yes, I know, I'm not playing well" speech from Josh wouldn't have done anything to change that. I tend to think that Arte was more interested in Josh's actions, not his explanations. Arte wanted to see Josh hit the damn ball, not make excuses about why he didn't.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Maybe Arte hard heard enough lip service from Josh and wanted to see actual results. Josh just saying he's ready to be the player they wanted him to be won't actually make him be that player

I'm not sure what Josh was trying to do there. Wow you wanted to let your bosses know that you are working hard in the offseason to be ready to play baseball holy crap that's unheard of. Somebody give Josh a cookie

Edited by bloodbrother

Hey, I'm as liberal as they come, and I think the entire idea of not holding Hamilton accountable for his actions is bullshit. Stupid and enabling people are on both sides of the aisle.

Here's a question. At most large companies, can you just stroll into the CEO's office or get them on the phone whenever you want? This seems like more entitlement on Josh's part to me. If this is even credible, and knowing Josh that's iffy to start, he talked to the front off and they said they'd pass on the message, that's what generally happens in most companies.

Plus, as mentioned, there really wasn't anything to talk about here. Josh had obligations to the team in terms of performance, et al; he wasn't living up to them. Some sort of hollow, self-deprecating "yes, I know, I'm not playing well" speech from Josh wouldn't have done anything to change that. I tend to think that Arte was more interested in Josh's actions, not his explanations. Arte wanted to see Josh hit the damn ball, not make excuses about why he didn't.

In most companies does the CEO fly to your state, take you to dinner and woo your family into joining his business?

I don't think it's unreasonable that he'd want to discuss his struggles with Arte. It's clear Arte disliked him before the relapse.

I don't think they ever requested him to show up at the AFL, that is for prospects showcasing in October /November.

I think you're right.  Maybe he was instructed to go to Angels' extended spring training?  Either way, the fact is that he was asked (told?) to go to Arizona on behalf of the Angels and refused.  I think it was a contractual ploy by the Angels, but still, he did not go.  

From what I read Arte refused talking to him well before Hamilton relapsed. That's an issue.

No issue unless it was in Hamilton's contract that Arte cannot refuse to talk to Hamilton.  I think you will find the issues are with Hamilton not performing under his contact.  That is an issue.