• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh blaming more people....

and where did you read this, Josh's twitter?

oh, and it's not an issue. He's last week's trash.

He did so with some parting shots regarding his supposed lack of accountability with the Los Angeles front office.

Hamilton said he tried to keep in touch with team owner Arte Moreno, but wasn't given that opportunity and hasn't talked with him since last season.

"I've tried on multiple occasions, and I've told everybody this from MLB to (manager) Mike Scioscia, even when I was there and playing in 2013 and wasn't being the guy that I was supposed to be," he said. "In 2014 the same thing, I tried to reach out to the owner Arte and talk to him and tell him, 'You know what, I'm working my butt off, and I want to be the guy that played against you for all those years.' I was always turned down by the general manager (Jerry Dipoto) and team president (John Carpino)."

It's comical, really. Dude does an illegal drug (by law standards, not just MLB standards) and his employers are the bad guys for wanting him to be responsible.

He used an illegal drug. It is a felony offense that he admitted to doing. There is no way the Angels are at fault here.

They should have tested him when he admitted the use so they could press charges against him for possession of narcotics. It can be done. Under the influence is possession in some states.

The guy tried to own up for his shitty play and thought he had a relationship with Moreno.

Arte gambled and lost. He was just as pissed at Hamilton as everyone else.

My thing is you make a big purchase you take extra care of it and apply extra handling when need be.

You can call it coddling but there are good people managers out there, whether they are owners or regular work bosses.

Arte gambled and lost and he was sore about it. He was praying for a relapse and got it. But then he got screwed in the arbitration, so he lost again.

Josh is an asshole. So is Arte.

Arte was pissed because he swallowed the money to an asshole that beat him at the game.

He's gone now and the Angels can focus on life after that debacle.

Edited by SOTO

He used an illegal drug. It is a felony offense that he admitted to doing. There is no way the Angels are at fault here.

They should have tested him when he admitted the use so they could press charges against him for possession of narcotics. It can be done. Under the influence is possession in some states.

Right. Just what we need. More overcrowded prisons with people who shouldn't be there. Drugs shouldn't be illegal. Driving on drugs should be, but not personal use.

The guy tried to own up for his shitty play and thought he had a relationship with Moreno.

Arte gambled and lost. He was just as pissed at Hamilton as everyone else.

My thing is you make a big purchase you take extra care of it and apply extra handling when need be.

You can call it coddling but there are good people managers out there, whether they are owners or regular work bosses.

Arte gambled and lost and he was sore about it. He was praying for a relapse and got it. But then he got screwed in the arbitration, so he lost again.

Josh is an asshole. So is Arte.

Arte was pissed because he swallowed the money to an asshole that beat him at the game.

He's gone now and the Angels can focus on life after that debacle.

You can't be serious. You are trying way too hard to blame Arte here.

Right. Just what we need. More overcrowded prisons with people who shouldn't be there. Drugs shouldn't be illegal. Driving on drugs should be, but not personal use.

I agree about the under the influence shouldn't be illegal. But the point is it is at this time so he is at fault. Not the should have and could have's.

The every day guy that is getting busted for this doesn't get off like Josh did. Imagine if you or I did this and admitted it to where the police found out? There would be consequences and since we both know it's illegal we would be at fault. Right or wrong in our mind is not what is illegal or not.

You can't be serious. You are trying way too hard to blame Arte here.

We dealt with big contract TV people all the time and had bad rating or they were assholes. We hoped they'd pull a Brian Williams, so we can dump them.

There's a reason they put clauses into contract. Every one of my contracts have had a series of "outs" on it on both sides.

After two years of sucking, I'm sure the Angels considered all ways to lose him. Let's put it this way, they thought about the potential of him relapsing to dump him.

It's not really trying to blame Arte. It was a good escape route for him, he just got severely burned in he exit.

I agree about the under the influence shouldn't be illegal. But the point is it is at this time so he is at fault. Not the should have and could have's.

The every day guy that is getting busted for this doesn't get off like Josh did. Imagine if you or I did this and admitted it to where the police found out? There would be consequences and since we both know it's illegal we would be at fault. Right or wrong in our mind is not what is illegal or not.

Dude listen to any celeb interviewed candidly. They talk about past drug use. No detective is wasting their time on that admission of any other admission.

People discuss using drugs online all the time on message boards and support forums. They are regular people. Cope seen after them.

They are after traffickers. Yes they arrest people for possession but many situations where someone is stopped, they are ticketed or let go.

This is my final post in this and any other Hamilton thread.

Arte is the owner of this club and as the owner he has the right to speak with whoever he wants as well as the right to not speak with whoever he wants.

He also has the right to be pissed at whoever he wants and dispose of whoever he's pissed at however he wants.

We all know that Arte's intentions are whats best for the team... sometimes you get it right and sometimes you don't.

For those of you that think Arte did Hamilton wrong or that Arte is an a-hole, you have that right to think however you want. You don't have the right; however, to make myself or the others in disagreement with you be forced to agree with you.

Arte had no problem overlooking Josh's past and awarded him a very large contract. After Josh signed that deal the only talking he needed to do was with his bat. He didn't so I guess it was easier for Josh to talk sh*t about the very person who put trust in him to begin with. As an Angel Josh has sh*t the bed both on and off the field. Arte did what he had to do, he cut off the cancer and removed the drama. Josh is going to continue his declining slide moving forward so Arte did us all a favor. I like this team much better without Josh Hamilton.

From what I read Arte refused talking to him well before Hamilton relapsed. That's an issue.

You think maybe Hamilton was on such a downward spiral that Moreno wasn't already thinking they had to do something about him?

That maybe Arte refused his calls because the Hamilton situation got to the point a phone call wasn't a solution or even the road to a solution?

That maybe, just maybe, Hamilton was making the call because he knew his tenure as an Angel had reached a pivotal point where his actions created a no going back situation and yet he still thought he could talk his way out of it?

Pretty simple....Josh was guaranteed $125 mil to be at peek performance to assist the Angels in winning. He sucked and his solution was to seek out illegal drugs to quell his pain. Arte doesn't owe him shit beyond what's in the contract and he's upheld his end despite Josh not upholding his.

Lol

You think maybe Hamilton was on such a downward spiral that Moreno wasn't already thinking they had to do something about him?

That maybe Arte refused his calls because the Hamilton situation got to the point a phone call wasn't a solution or even the road to a solution?

That maybe, just maybe, Hamilton was making the call because he knew his tenure as an Angel had reached a pivotal point where his actions created a no going back situation and yet he still thought he could talk his way out of it?

Oh it probably was that pathetic. Josh is an excuse maker. I do think it's screwed up though the man who wanted him, the man who personally went and got him, then cut him off.

Oh it probably was that pathetic. Josh is an excuse maker. I do think it's screwed up though the man who wanted him, the man who personally went and got him, then cut him off.

Arte, evidently, is not the enabler personality. I would have to guess Arte had fielded that call earlier in their relationship and then got to the point he wasn't going to let Josh go to Dad after being told by Mom that he is grounded.

Arte, evidently, is not the enabler personality. I would have to guess Arte had fielded that call earlier in their relationship and then got to the point he wasn't going to let Josh go to Dad after being told by Mom that he is grounded.

That's probably the reality of things. Perhaps Josh was treated differently by the Angels FO and owner than the Rangers. Will they maximize what's left of his playing ability?

We will see.

In most companies does the CEO fly to your state, take you to dinner and woo your family into joining his business?

I don't think it's unreasonable that he'd want to discuss his struggles with Arte. It's clear Arte disliked him before the relapse.

That is exactly what happened to my father. He was recruited by the Owner, the President and a CEO of a corporation based in Michigan. They came to California and treated my parents to dinners and then flew them to an all expense paid trip to their company headquarters to tour at their leisure. They were given spending money and suggestions of where to shop along with limo service.

When it came to contract negotiation time they bought out the home for well above market price and had his yacht trailed to a berth on Lake Michigan as part of the moving package. He did have access to all of the upper executives because he performed in a manner that his contract had required. Had he not those doors would have been closed to him until he was replaced. They never were.

It's all about what you do to earn the right to talk to the owner.

That's probably the reality of things. Perhaps Josh was treated differently by the Angels FO and owner than the Rangers. Will they maximize what's left of his playing ability?

We will see.

Daniels pretty much spat on Hamilton when he left, so I think Josh earns the treatment he gets.

The company I work for, the owner, puts herself out there for us. She's an incredibly private person to the public, but to us she's very approachable and easy to talk to. It's almost a fault to an extent, but that's not for discussion here.