• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh blaming more people....

The company I work for, the owner, puts herself out there for us. She's an incredibly private person to the public, but to us she's very approachable and easy to talk to. It's almost a fault to an extent, but that's not for discussion here.

I have worked with ownership like that also. I've also worked for the unapproachable. That was my point Strad. Perhaps Josh was expecting personal contact.

It's not really trying to blame Arte. It was a good escape route for him, he just got severely burned in he exit.

I think the issue for Arte may be that he assumed whatever conversations he may have had with Hamilton had more weight to them than they likely did.  I understand he put the language into the contract, and it's very likely both parties knew it was mostly lip service because of the JDA.  Ultimately I think Hamilton self reporting and thus avoiding a test that may have enabled the Angels to try to enforce the language in the contract and the JDA may have been a final straw of sorts.  

I fully believe Arte feels Hamilton wormed his way around the system and at that point there was no turning back.  To be honest, it's hard to blame him and lets not forget that Hamilton has himself stated he's been very deceptive in the past, particularly when it related to the drugs...   Everything said by Hamilton to date is self serving tripe.

I have worked with ownership like that also. I've also worked for the unapproachable. That was my point Strad. Perhaps Josh was expecting personal contact.

If he was looking for a reach around he signed with the wrong team.

In most companies does the CEO fly to your state, take you to dinner and woo your family into joining his business?

I don't think it's unreasonable that he'd want to discuss his struggles with Arte. It's clear Arte disliked him before the relapse.

When you're being wooed to sign on you very well might hear from upper management or the CEO. It doesn't mean the door will be open when you're hired any time you want to stop in and chat. Josh had plenty of avenues to get a message to Arte. He could have sent a letter or fax through his agent for instance.

There's no reason Arte should have liked Hamilton, after watching him flail for the better part of two seasons and mouthing off in the press.

Pretty simple....Josh was guaranteed $125 mil to be at peek performance to assist the Angels in winning. He sucked and his solution was to seek out illegal drugs to quell his pain. Arte doesn't owe him shit beyond what's in the contract and he's upheld his end despite Josh not upholding his.

^^^this^^^

After Vladdy...Arte has fallen flat on his free agency face.

Signed,

Fatolo Colon

Kelvim Escobar

Gary Mathews, Jr.

CJ Wilson

Albert Puljos

Hadeki Matsui

Steve Finely

There were some good ones.

Hunter was worth every penny ( and the Angels overpaid)

Cabrera was a good signing.

Also Abreu, Joe Smith.

I believe when the contract is over CJ will be a good signing.

After Vladdy...Arte has fallen flat on his free agency face.

Signed,

Fatolo Colon

Kelvim Escobar

Gary Mathews, Jr.

CJ Wilson

Albert Puljos

Hadeki Matsui

Steve Finely

I disagree with you on Matsui. 36 years old and he gave us .274 / 21hrs / 84rbi's / .820ops during the year Morales broke his foot. 

32 year old Hamilton gave us .250 / 21hrs / 79rbi's / .739ops with Trout and Pujols in the lineup.

Am I missing the other things that Hamilton did besides railing some blow? Because I keep seeing people say that he did something wrong.

Doing illegal drugs is not a bad thing, and being a recovering addict doesn't suddenly make it a bad thing. And I believe the putting off surgery myth was debunked so in my mind the storyline goes:

Angels sign Hamilton

Hamilton sucks and gets hurt

Front Office starts talking shit

Angels give player to division rival for free

Am I missing anything?

Yeah, the whole using illegal drugs isn't a bad thing.

And everything else afterwards but otherwise spot on.

And Orange County comes accross as a bunch of telepathic Bill O'Reillys.

I guess it says something about the demographic of baseball fans too, though. If this was the NFL fans would want to bring Hamilton in as a mentor for their team's players.

This isn't the National Felons League.

Am I missing the other things that Hamilton did besides railing some blow? Because I keep seeing people say that he did something wrong.

Doing illegal drugs is not a bad thing, and being a recovering addict doesn't suddenly make it a bad thing. And I believe the putting off surgery myth was debunked so in my mind the storyline goes:

Angels sign Hamilton

Hamilton sucks and gets hurt

Front Office starts talking shit

Angels give player to division rival for free

Am I missing anything?

This is just dim.  Josh made a deal.  Josh didn't keep his deal.  Not only that he didn't perform very well as part of the deal either.  Seems like you are missing that.  

Also, if doing illegal drugs isn't a bad thing, why would anyone need to be a "recovering addict"?

So you've never left your car on the street on a 1st or 3rd Wednesday? Although I guess that's different, as that actually negatively impacts other people.

The people of the 2100s will look back at us the same way we look at slavery and prohibition. And this is coming from someone who has narrowed his drug use down to pretty much exclusively alcohol, even though that is probably the worst one of all.

No, I have a driveway and garage. And yes, that is huge different compared to drug addiction.

But I'm sure you manage yours well.

You are talking in circles.  If, as you say, everyone knew that the deal Josh made with the Angels couldn't be enforced then that would include Josh, correct?

If Josh knew his own deal was bogus then not only is he a drug abuser he is a liar, cheat and a fraud.

Well I still see the Angels paying his salary, so apparently yes they do.

Hamilton messed up by putting himself in a position where he might get suspended. He wasn't suspended, therefore he didn't harm the Angels in any way.

See: Rangers treatment of Hamilton vs. Angels.

The Rangers ran him through the process set forth per the MLB guidelines with the stipulation that he could not drink or do drugs while also having to have an accountably coach which he dismissed when he was with the Angels.

Hamilton is in the process of a divorce where he loses half of his assets and the visitation with his children without supervision. Looks like the life of drug use is working out really well for him.

Moderation. Illegally parking every day would be a serious problem too.

I'm having a really hard time relating to your example..   I've never knowingly parked illegally -- not once.  Not because of some high moral ground or righteousness but because I didn't want to put up with all the BS that could possibly arise had my car been towed.  Somewhere along the way to adulthood I was taught something about actions and consequences and I actually apply it to everyday things as mundane as where I park my car. 

Edited by Inside Pitch

The Rangers ran him through the process set forth per the MLB guidelines with the stipulation that he could not drink or do drugs while also having to have an accountably coach which he dismissed when he was with the Angels.

Havent you heard..   Many of his mechanisms for staying on the straight and narrow were removed and according to Josh "not necessarily by him".  So that entire interview where he said he made the decision to drop Shane Kelley never actually happened.   We imagined it and the new version of the truth is much more vague.