• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

My prediction: Angels get either Odor, Profar, or Nick Williams (a top prospect that is a LHH Outfielder with above average everything)

There is next to no chance the Angels get any prospect worth a damn in return for Hamilton. If they even get anything, it will likely be your garden variety reliever prospect who can throw mid 90's but struggles to throw strikes. Every org is littered with them

have u seen hamilton play at all the last 2 years?  he's freaking done, the talent and desire just aren't there anymore.

Which is more reason to keep him on the team.  I know he gets special treatment but even the MLBPA will have to realize he just doesn't want to play anymore and take action.

In year 3 of a 10 year contract. Because his salary moving forward will have not impact the moves the Angels can make at all. 

He had 28 home runs and 105 RBIs last year!  If he continues to put up numbers like that, sign me up for whatever impact his salary has on moves we can make. 

He had 28 home runs and 105 RBIs last year! If he continues to put up numbers like that, sign me up for whatever impact his salary has on moves we can make. 

Yes, and he looks well on his way to continuing to put up numbers like that. Players usually stay very consistent in their mid to late 30s, hell, they usually get better. Awesome contract. My mistake.

add that to 2014

Yeah, an injury-plagued 2014. His line drive % & home run to flyball percentage are still very close to his career norms, as they were in 2014.

The only concerns in the advanced stats are that his K% increased significantly last year, and (again, small sample size) his BB% & extra base hit% have decreased significantly this year.

Granted, 2013 was his career year, but he is not nearly as bad as he has appeared to be over the last year and 2 1/2 weeks.

Look at all the Angels who are struggling so far this year.

The MLB sees that a player is tanking and would take action against a player?

That may be the most far out thing ever posted here.

I meant not showing up for games or refusing to do things or using drugs again, stuff like that.  Has a player with as big a contract as Hamilton's ever shown no effort at all on the baseball field day in and day out for years?

Edited by beatlesrule

Would Fielder play 1st and Albert DH? or vice versa?

Fielder brings a .908 OPS to the slumping Angels offense. By comparison, Cron's is .496.

If that were to happen, it'd be the other way around. Pujols is still a good defender at first.

Fielder...not so much.