• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

Yeah, an injury-plagued 2014. His line drive % & home run to flyball percentage are still very close to his career norms, as they were in 2014.

The only concerns in the advanced stats are that his K% increased significantly last year, and (again, small sample size) his BB% & extra base hit% have decreased significantly this year.

Granted, 2013 was his career year, but he is not nearly as bad as he has appeared to be over the last year and 2 1/2 weeks.

Look at all the Angels who are struggling so far this year.

don't forget he's owed $115 million and left Friday's game with a bad back.

No thanks

Could have just kept Tori Hunter and signed Grienke... Hind sight is so clear

Greinke was not gonna sign here.  He flat out said he was going to the highest bidder.  You honestly think the Dodgers were going to be outbid?  I wanted to resign Hunter. I did not agree with the Hamilton signing from day one but it was a more sexier move.

I love all the vitriol for Hamilton here, and guys like Pujols and Trout say it sucks that he's gone.

Good thing everyone here is a clubhouse insider.

i don't recall anyone commenting on his clubhouse presence.

people here respond as fans, not clubhouse insiders

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 2m2 minutes ago

Angels wanted Josh Hamilton gone and are paying ~$65M to make it happen. Rangers get a $15M lottery ticket that could be worth much more.

I'm sure at this point they're just happy to save some money. How does this affect the team regarding the luxury tax? Anybody know?

Edited by bloodbrother

Every year I am stunned with the knowledge Arte Moreno is a billionaire.  He has flushed probably $500 million down the toilet since buying the Angels. 

How the hell did this guy ever become wealthy?

lol you have to be joking

If Hamilton balked at going to the Arizona training facility, why can't the Angels suspend him for insubordination?

Because that would be mean.   

My guess is that the same people who told him how he could get around the suspension by turning himself in also made him aware of whatever rights he has to refuse the assignment.

Wouldn't shock me if his refusal was the final nail in the coffin.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Every year I am stunned with the knowledge Arte Moreno is a billionaire.  He has flushed probably $500 million down the toilet since buying the Angels. 

talk about low-hanging fruit

Self-made billionaire in the advertising industry, started from nothing. Paid $160 million CASH for the team which is now worth over a billion dollars.

He's got so much money to burn it's not even funny.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 58s58 seconds ago

Sources: Rangers are expected to pay around $15M of Josh Hamilton's salary. He's due more than $80M through 2017. Angels pay the difference.

So the Angels are on the hook for $68 million over the next 3 years. Not much relief but some.

If this is the case, Arte has paid 96 million for 2 outfielders to play on other teams within 5 years. YIKES!!!

Not even close. With a new TV deal, a usually close to full stadium he is doing just fine. Remember the value of the club has gone up at least 500 million since he bought it.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 58s58 seconds ago

Sources: Rangers are expected to pay around $15M of Josh Hamilton's salary. He's due more than $80M through 2017. Angels pay the difference.

So the Angels are on the hook for $68 million over the next 3 years. Not much relief but some.

That's close to what I was hoping for at the least ($17 million paid by Texas).