• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Josh Hamilton to Texas Rangers (Official)

What's worse, a team that chokes in the post season, or a team that has a bad year rebuilding?

Neither won the WS.

lol i could just imagine you if we win 64 games this year

come on, now. you aren't fooling anyone

Edited by Lou

And I was responding to the idea that he has flushed 500 million away.   He's spent money, both good and bad to make more money.  

I don't think any other team in baseball has flushed anywhere near the amount of cash as Moreno.  Not even the Yankees. 

lol i could just imagine you if we win 64 games this year

come on, now. you aren't fooling anyone

Lou, I actually don't care how the Angels do.

I'm in my 40s. I rarely go to games. I have a wife and three kids. I'm a casual fan now.

I like Trout a lot. I watch for him. I used to watch for Pujols and Hamilton.

Other than that, it's more of a joke to me.

I post here because it's comedic and I like a lot of dudes here. But I couldn't care less if the Angels win or lose.

I like when they win and would love to see them win the WS every year, but Inalso like to laugh at the constant mistakes made by this organization.

Watching the Angels is like watching poker. I like to see tilts and big snap offs.

Edited by SOTO

Not only will Arte almost be assuredly be paying a huge chunk of Hamilton's contract to make him go away, but this will be - in effect - a huge pay raise for Josh, playing in Texas instead of Cali re:  zero state income taxes in TX. What is the highest bracket in CA? 13%

Not sure that this will matter. As I understand it, anything that the Angels pay him will be considered as being earned in California and therefore subject to California state income tax.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Just thought about this, but if Hamilton refusing to go to Arizona to start working his way back was the final straw, I honestly wonder if the Angels tried something similar at the end of last year, to have him work his way back into shape before the playoffs...and he refused. It would certainly explain his 'performance" during the ALDS last year.

Angels need to be more like the Dbacks and sign foreign players for $68.5 million only to realize that he can't play 3B and is terrible in the OF so they send him to Triple-A

So after that 68 mil he's still their player, or are they paying him to play 16-18 games against them a year?

We won almost 100 games last season without almost ZERO production from Josh Hamilton.

In fact, I'd go as far as aging if we had Cowgill or Green in LF over Josh last season we'd win 10+ more ballgames. Dude is an absolute mess at the plate and a headcase the team doesn't need in the clubhouse.

Cut your losses, good riddance. Great move!

ITA. The refusal to go to Arizona for rehab and the overall situation made keeping him untenable...it was either trading him and eating the salary or releasing him and eating the salary. At least this way the Angels save a little money that they wouldn't have if they'd released him outright.

People need to let the free agent thing go. We've been over this time and time again. The Angels signing Pujols, Wilson, and Hamilton were not just baseball moves, they were BUSINESS moves. (And until last year's injury-riddled season, NO ONE complained about Wilson)

The Angels signed Pujols and Wilson because the farm system was depleted, they were working on a new television contract, and because of the big Blue down the freeway. They created excitement, which means cash money, when there would have been none. They kept the Angels in the media and will continue to when Pujols breaks records and retires. Hamilton was similar and the timing was suspect. Remember the Dodgers signed Greinke six days prior? And remember how Arte has made all of his money?

This isn't rocket science people. 

I'm in my 40s. I rarely go to games. I have a wife and three kids. I'm a casual fan now.

I post here because it's comedic and I like a lot of dudes here. But I couldn't care less if the Angels win or lose.

I like when they win and would love to see them win the WS every year, but Inalso like to laugh at the constant mistakes made by this organization.

Watching the Angels is like watching poker. I like to see tilts and big snap offs.

So you're waiting to see if Arte Moreno = Phil Hellmuth?

my bad, i thought you really wanted the Angels to win.

i agree about the tilts and bid snap offs

we need a Baby Huey poker meltdown here

It's not like Hamilton is going to save Texas' season... just saying.

I don't get all the comments about Hamilton "killing" us. Granted, Texas will be more of a comfort zone for him, but he is totally lost at the plate and he appears unmotivated. It's not like he will be able to magically flip a switch and it will be like the past two years never happened.

I don't get all the hate for Moreno either. Moreno is a man who values trust and honesty. He has gotten neither from Josh Hamilton. Whether he was naive in trusting Hamilton in the first place is another discussion, but this is the way that the man deals with others. Arte signed Hamilton immediately after a monster season in the hope that he would give the Angels a much needed left handed impact bat. That didn't happen, and from personal observation it seems obvious that we have not gotten Hamilton's best effort from the beginning. He seems distracted and unmotivated, and his sporadic contact with the team during this most recent incident tells me that the relationship between him and Angels management is irreparably damaged. I see nothing to be gained by keeping him and sticking him in the lineup every day. He won't suddenly become the ultimate team player. An unhappy, lackadaisical player getting four at-bats per night for a team hoping to contend for the playoffs doesn't sound like a recipe for success. We would see the Josh Hamilton of the 2014 ALDS, and everyone would be screaming at Moreno for keeping him, saying that he "should have known" that it would end that way.

It is an expensive lesson to be certain, but ultimately the team will be better off, IMO. Even if Hamilton rakes at Arlington - which I don't believe that he has left in him - it's not as if the Rangers are one bat away from being a force in the AL West.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan