• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia?

I am not a Scioscia fan, but it did appear that he made some philosophical changes through the year that created opportunities for young players. Since Casey Senegal is dead, I am not sure who could replace him at this point.

But Scioscia is the one who decides who plays and who doesn't. If Hamilton fails, so does Scioscia. If Wilson fails, so does Scioscia. And I don't know how any sensible person could've thought that playing either player was a good idea. And he failed to make ANY adjustments whatsoever.

All those bunts (3-1 count on Calhoun, bunting twice with Hamilton due up, etc) are on Scioscia too.

It didn't help matters that the offense decided not to hit... But Scioscia was a problem, and a big one.

Edited by Angels

I dont even blame him for playing Hamilton.

Hamilton is supposedly healthy now, has a huge contract and a track record for power hitting.  We have to play the guys we have.  What I do blame him for is some of his idiotic choices in-games, but we wouldnt have to resort to this garbage if the offense just doesnt choke.

Seems to me after a player misses a long period of time they usually send him to the minors to face some live pitching.  Now this is not possible at this time of year, so we just insert him in the lineup in the playoffs to get his timing down.  Then again he looks about as good as he did most of the year.  Would love to know what the Angels record was with and without Hamilton in the lineup this year.

Emotional decisions never seem to work out. Mike Scoscia will be fine.

It is interesting how Scioscia's teams seem to stumble out of the gate, such as in the beginning of the season, after the all star break and in the first round of the playoffs.  It took Dipoto to change the spring training atmosphere this year, not Scioscia

I wanted Mike fired last year, my attitude remains the same.

It's not Scioscia's fault this has happened. It's Mike Trout, Albert Pujols, Howie Kendrick, CJ Cron, and Josh Hamilton's fault this happened.

You can say that but you can't fully absolve Sciscia of blame. Game 1 was winnable, but he made Kole bunt in a huge situation (which he never did in the regular season). Hamilton's fault? Sure. Scioscia's fault for playing him? Yes. CJ Wilson shouldn't have been pitching tonight

The man takes a 3 man rotation through the last 6 weeks of the season and takes the Angels from a 1 game lead to finish 10.5 games up even with his second best pitcher, Shoemaker out for his last three starts. He has been nursemaid to both Hamilton and Wilson trying to get something out of them since the replacement players are not really any better.

I really don't know of a single manager that could have pulled off that devastating injury to his ace pitcher and kept the team together when Weaver was shaky Wilson useless, Shoemaker gone and Santiago being touch and go and increase the lead by 10 games.  

He goes into the playoffs with really a two pitcher rotation and a rookie that should be in AAA as the DH. And the first two games they give up 3 runs in 12 innings, four runs in 11 innings while blanking the Royals for 9 straight innings with a over used bullpen. But he is somehow still an idiot and needs to be fired.

Some want to blame Scioscia for not preparing his players for the post season where all they had to do was play to their abilities, it's still 9 innings of baseball. None of the position players outside of Calhoun and Aybar have done that this series at the plate with Kendrick being robbed of hit after hit from Cain and Aoiki.

I just can't do it, can't blame Scioscia for this. I'm watching game 3 and the Royals are just completely on fire in their home stadium. It doesn't matter who takes the mound the Royals are kicking their ass. And everyone in the bullpen has seen the mound so you can't say this guy should have pitched instead of that guy. The Angels met the 2002 Angels in these playoffs and Scioscia can't beat the team he beat everyone else with.

I can't fire the guy for that.

Edited by Eric Notti

The man takes a 3 man rotation through the last 6 weeks of the season and takes the Angels from a 1 game lead to finish 10.5 games up even with his second best pitcher, Shoemaker out for his last three starts. He has been nursemaid to both Hamilton and Wilson trying to get something out of them since the replacement players are not really any better.

He goes into the playoffs with really a two pitcher rotation and a rookie that should be in AAA as the DH. And the first two games they give up 3 runs in 12 innings, four runs in 11 innings while blanking the Royals for 9 straight innings with a over used bullpen. But he is somehow still an idiot and needs to be fired.

I really don't know of a single manager that could have pulled off that devastating injury to his ace pitcher and kept the team together when Weaver was shaky Wilson useless, Shoemaker gone and Santiago being touch and go.  

Some want to blame Scioscia for not preparing his players for the post season where all they had to do was play to their abilities, it's still 9 innings of baseball. None of the position players outside of Calhoun and Aybar have done that this series at the plate with Kendrick being robbed of hit after hit from Cain and Aoiki.

I just can't do it, can't blame Scioscia for this. I'm watching game 3 and the Royals are just completely on fire in their home stadium. It doesn't matter who takes the mound the Royals are kicking their ass. And everyone in the bullpen has seen the mound so you can't say this guy should have pitched instead of that guy. The Angels met the 2002 Angels in these playoffs and Scioscia can't beat the team he beat everyone else with.

I can't fire the guy for that.

Any any reasonable person knows that he won't be fired for that.

I'm assuming your supervisor at work has to tell you what to do and how to do it every single day.

No, we have a system and I complete all work assigned without any problems.

I'm low maintenance.

I bet you're guy who argues assignment and lawyers his way out of work all the time.

Edited by joeywings