• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia?

How is it Mike Scioscia's fault that the Angels batters butth**es puckered up?

Besides being forced to pencil dumb Hamilton into the lineup -who should have produced like a veteran and actual teamate- there's only so much the guy can do to make arrangements so the team continues to stay in contention.

Our hitters were either out of their league or they buckled under pressure. Simple as that. This entire season I had never seen such defensive swings, and then come the playoffs and a lot of our guys were guessing and looking like complete fools at the plate. Pujols and Aybar were the only guys swinging like it was still the regular season and I applaud them for trying to keep that groove going.

Blaming the manager at this point is dumb.

No way he gets fired - no way he should be fired - he took a team with starting pitching that was hit hard by injury , a team that had Ernesto frieri closing games for a good period of time , a team that had major slumps from almost Every star hitter etc etc to the best record in baseball -

I will say though that him sticking with Hamilton all 3 games was a real mistake - it was obvious that he wasn't even near the ball in any of his at bats - and why was Cron in there for 3 games ? Still he's not getting fired

He started Wilson in Game 3. Of course he should be fired but not just because of that horrible decision.

Its also just plain time for a CHANGE at the manager position.

Trade for Francona to be the next manager, the Cleveland Indians aint going to be in the playoffs next year anyways.

what choice did he really have ?

i have been in the fire sciosia camp for a long time. that being said, he was able to alter his style from a bunt and run popgun offense to a power hitting offense and dida masterful job with the pitching staff and bullpen when2 starters went down with injurys. the guy adapted well.

The fact that Wilson started Game 3, Hamilton was in the lineup, and Cron is our DH batting 8th says a lot about what we really had going into the playoffs.

Cron was a head scratcher

What did he do throughout the season that deserved home being the post season dh?

Didn't he get sent down a few times. Gets called back up in September and is the dh again?

Angels get swept, does he save his job?

(Lack of hitting, poor fielding, questionable decisions)

I believe someone pointed out he was 9-19 in post season.

Don't know if that's true.   But Arte didn't pay to go out like this (if they do.)

This team was built to be better than this in October.

No way he's fired or should it even be considered. 

i have been in the fire sciosia camp for a long time. that being said, he was able to alter his style from a bunt and run popgun offense to a power hitting offense and dida masterful job with the pitching staff and bullpen when2 starters went down with injurys. the guy adapted well.

That he did, and then inexplicably he went back to the bunt and pop style in the post-season.

That was frustrating, and it would be interesting to hear why he did.

Should he be fired, no. Should they "promote" him or work something out with him, at least for the sake of getting a new voice, yea, probably. He made a couple of mistakes in this series, but honestly, the players laid an egg. It is easy to blame the manager for something like this, but you can't really have it both ways. You can't get pissed he is playing the regulars to keep them sharp in the last few games because you are afraid of injuries, but then get mad at him for the players not being ready. For some reason this team struggles after a few days off. If you want to blame Mike, go ahead, I just like a little bit of self accountability for the players. They are the professionals, most of them are veterans, that have to live with the fact that they didn't compete like they were capable of.

That he did, and then inexplicably he went back to the bunt and pop style in the post-season.

That was frustrating, and it would be interesting to hear why he did.

We look at it differently AO. You look at him changing the style that caused his team to not get the big hits. I look at it as his team wasn't hitting so he was trying to put runners in scoring position that way one hit gives them the lead. If this team had a lead in either of the home games after 6 innings they would have won.

No way he's fired or should it even be considered. 

If you are content with a manager that can't win in the playoffs, that's fine for you.  I would rather have a manager that can win in the post season. That being typed, I will have to research if their are any managers available that can win in the post season.

Edited by beatlesrule

I like sciosca but I think its time for change. He's the longest tenured manager with single team in the game and since 2009 this team has been bust after bust. Say what you want about the team performing poorly, someone needs to be held accountable. Scioscas veteran loyalty has been an Achilles heel for this club for years now too. Look at the Giants 18 inning game the other night, bochy never even used lincecum meanwhile sosh still trots the corpse of hamilton and cj out there regularly. All honesty I don't think the club has anything to lose by bringing in a new manager, wish they got Francona after the Red Sox let him go.

I like sciosca but I think its time for change. He's the longest tenured manager with single team in the game and since 2009 this team has been bust after bust. Say what you want about the team performing poorly, someone needs to be held accountable. Scioscas veteran loyalty has been an Achilles heel for this club for years now too. Look at the Giants 18 inning game the other night, bochy never even used lincecum meanwhile sosh still trots the corpse of hamilton and cj out there regularly. All honesty I don't think the club has anything to lose by bringing in a new manager, wish they got Francona after the Red Sox let him go.

So you want to get rid of a manager who made the playoffs for a manager who didn't make the playoffs? Last I heard, you had to make the playoffs to win in the playoffs, i think.