• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia?

He's never played professioanl ball outside the Angels organzation. I'd be curious to hear from guys like Huston Street, Raul Ibanez etc. who participated on several other MLB teams.

Does that mean his opinion carries more weight than those of fans who have never stepped foot in a MLB clubhouse or nah?

Can you show me a post from you from the beginning of the season where you believed this was a 98 win team?

What does that have to do with Dipoto not being a coach?

And no I didn't think this was a 98 win team but for me it's more about what you do in the playoffs than how many games you win in the regular season

As a professional: are you the top person in your field?

Of not, than by your own standards are a failure.

After all, teaching the top is all that mattets.

And no I didn't think this was a 98 win team but for me it's more about what you do in the playoffs than how many games you win in the regular season

So you would rather judge a manager on a three game series than over a 162 game season.  You actually have to make the playoffs first.

Those looking for Scioscia to get fired are wasting their time...there's one scenario I can see.

I think there is one job Scioscia would consider leaving the Angels for, and that's the Dodger gig...and I think that team might be looking, especially if they thought they could bring in someone like Scioscia. Mattingley has never seemed to be a comfortable fit there.

I find it unlikely it would actually happen...but I wouldn't be shocked if the Dodgers made a play for Scioscia this off season, and I wouldn't be completely shocked if he wanted to make the move and the Angels let it happen for some young arms in return.

So you would rather judge a manager on a three game series than over a 162 game season.  You actually have to make the playoffs first.

Right and in the 162 games he was 42-43 against teams over 500 and 57-21 vs teams under 500.

And really I am not judging him on just 3 games but his whole playoff record, which is far from stellar. 

Right and in the 162 games he was 42-43 against teams over 500 and 57-21 vs teams under 500.

And really I am not judging him on just 3 games but his whole playoff record, which is far from stellar. 

Seriously?  He won more games than any other manager this year.  He won the games he should have won.  

His playoff record is average.  But he gets his team to the playoffs more often than not.  Over three GM's and two owners Sosh has remained successful.  Just watching the playoffs this year and watching the favored team in each playoff getting beat tells you everything you need to know about the playoffs in general.

Seriously?  He won more games than any other manager this year.  He won the games he should have won.  

His playoff record is average.  But he gets his team to the playoffs more often than not.  Over three GM's and two owners Sosh has remained successful.  Just watching the playoffs this year and watching the favored team in each playoff getting beat tells you everything you need to know about the playoffs in general.

And then there are teams like the Cardinals and the Giants.

Those looking for Scioscia to get fired are wasting their time...there's one scenario I can see.

I think there is one job Scioscia would consider leaving the Angels for, and that's the Dodger gig...and I think that team might be looking, especially if they thought they could bring in someone like Scioscia. Mattingley has never seemed to be a comfortable fit there.

I find it unlikely it would actually happen...but I wouldn't be shocked if the Dodgers made a play for Scioscia this off season, and I wouldn't be completely shocked if he wanted to make the move and the Angels let it happen for some young arms in return.

I'm praying for DonMat getting fired then.

How would the Angels know when to bunt if Scioscia is not around?

How would any team know when to bunt if the manager weren't around?  You want the players to do that?  Let's let them decide where to hit in the lineup also, LOL

Edited by tomsred

Brilliant. So I guess the Angels accomplished just as much as they did last season with 20 fewer wins because that team didn't reach the World Series either.

He didn't leave the last four times there was a managerial position open for the Dodgers.

Atlanta Braves 1991-2005

14 Straight Division titles

ONE World series Title.

I will take a manager that consistently gets you to the playoffs and affords the organization a chance to win it all.

98 wins and possibly the Manager of the Year is not getting fired. Let's just hope he can continue to get us to the playoffs.

The "Fire Scioscia" crowd basically had to shut up as the regular season unfolded and the Angels went on to have the best record in baseball.  It probably frustrated the crap out of them.  Now that the Angels were bounced in the first round - they have new life and a new reason to rant again. It was only a matter of time.