• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia?

Name one time this year, outside of the top of the ninth in game three when the game was out of reach, where Mike pinch hit for a catcher when there were only two on the roster. He just doesn't do it for fear the other catcher gets hurt and you have to go with Beckham is your catcher or whoever.

1. We bunted 3 times .

2. Conger did not PH for Iannetta to bunt Cowgil to third .

3. The bats came alive but Hambone was still in the 7th spot . Rasmus should have started .

Not to be condescending, but ........

In most cases Iannetta advances the runner.  The CF made a great play, running to hi left and stopping and throwing across his body for a strike.  That was an incredible play.  How do you know if we PH Ianetta the infielder doesn't make a great play and throw Cowgill out at third?  I would say the probably of one is about the same as another.

The bats didn't come alive until the third game and we got shelled in that one.  We knew the likelihood of getting shelled was high because of Wilson.

Finally, are you really saying the Angels should have tried a bullpen game in an elimination game?  OK  Rasmus shuts them out for four innings...then what?  Santiago who gives up two?  Morin who gives up two?  Salas who many argued should never have pitched in game 1?  Give me a break!

The only move I question Sosh on was the bunt attempt by Calhoun.  Cal was hitting the ball hard and he doesn't try to bunt much.  

Other than that you guys have nothing to gripe about.

1. We bunted 3 times .

2. Conger did not PH for Iannetta to bunt Cowgil to third .

3. The bats came alive but Hambone was still in the 7th spot . Rasmus should have started .

You're mad he bunted in game 1 and mad he didn't bunt in game 2.  The bats didn't really come alive in game 3 either. 

Giants bunted in the last game against the Nats, guess Boche sucks.

So, Jay, it is ok to assume that Cowgill would be a difference maker in the line up, but we are going to assume that Albert and Howie would fail? AW, a place where this is logic.

I have no idea what this means.

You're mad he bunted in game 1 and mad he didn't bunt in game 2.  The bats didn't really come alive in game 3 either. 

Giants bunted in the last game against the Nats, guess Boche sucks.

Scioscia bunted with runners on first (not a good idea) and did not bunt with a runner on second (the one appropriate time to bunt)

I know I was hoping that Scioscia would pinch hit for guys that weren't getting it done.  I understood why Hamilton started every game but he should have been pinch hit for after going 0-2 or 0-3 and looking clueless at the plate when guys were on base and he was due up.  Same thing with other guys in certain situations.  If Campana is on the roster, he could have run instead of Cowgill and would have been safe on the tag up.  Then again, it's pathetic that the offense put Scioscia in that situation in the first place.  He wouldn't have had to try to make the right call if the offense played like it had all year.  He made the wrong calls when called upon in a situation he should not have been making calls in the first place.  It's just pathetic all around. 

Again, I stand by my reason he needs to be fired by his crappy playoff record but as I stated before, with Dipoto under contract only one more year, Scioscia will once again be the manager come 2015.

Ever notice that in every case where a team loses a playoff round it's always because the team losing lost it by doing "stupid" things, no one ever wants to acknowledge that the winning team was just a better team, and one that played better during the series.  Also it's not true that the team that loses "doesn't care", is riddled with over paid players, and only made stupid decisions.  Go read the boards of the other losers, it's exactly the same stuff over and over again.  In my opinion, some of you need to find some original material, you sound like Dodger fan copy cats.  I guess the thought that another team might have actually played better than your team kind of sticks in your throat, and you can't just spit it out.

Kansas City played better than the Angels during the playoffs, we didn't just mail it in to them.  They earned it.  Now let's figure out a way to get better without destroying all the good things that happened this past year.

Edited by tomsred

Ever notice that in every case where a team loses a playoff round it's always because the team losing lost it by doing "stupid" things, no one ever wants to acknowledge that the winning team was just a better team, and one that played better during the series.  Also it's not true that the team that loses "doesn't care", is riddled with over paid players, and only made stupid decisions.  Go read the boards of the other losers, it's exactly the same stuff over and over again.  In my opinion, some of you need to find some original material, you sound like Dodger fan copy cats.  I guess the thought that another team might have actually played better than your team kind of sticks in your throat, and you can't just spit it out.

Kansas City played better than the Angels during the playoffs, we didn't just mail it in to them.  They earned it.  Now let's figure out a way to get better without destroying all the good things that happened this past year.

My guess is had we lost this series to the Orioles, instead of the Royals, more people would have acknowledged the other team instead of blaming the Angels for choking. Even now the expectation among pundits etc. is that the Orioles are going to completely destroy the Royals who have been underrated all year. Response also would have been different had the Angels lost in 5 instead of getting swept. 

Come on Tom, the Royals may have played better but that is partly because the Angels played badly.  

They didn't hit all that well the first two games . Definitely beatable the first two games .

A hit there or a catch there from us could have turned it around.

They hit it well enough to win with very good pitching backup.  Lots of teams are beatable in the playoffs given the right circumstances.  They didn't let those circumstances destroy their execution.  Well done Royals.

It means there was no basis to assume Cowgill would have been successful.

just like there was zero basis to assume Hamilton would succeed. At least cowgill had at bats within the last 3 weeks before the playoffs and probably wouldn't have looked like a complete fool.

Edited by Hollyw00d

just like there was zero basis to assume Hamilton would succeed. At least cowgill had at bats within the last 3 weeks before the playoffs and probably wouldn't have looked like a complete fool.

Cowgills at bats for Septemeber .191/.283/.255/.538. Now would all stop acting like Cowgill was going to be an upgrade. He hasn't produced anything in the second half. The entire second half.

Thats where you were wrong.  Hamilton used to be a dominant player.  There is your basis.  As I said clearly:

Hamilton bad season is equivalent to Cowgills great season.  That is why you go with Hamilton.  He has the potential to dominate the game and more than likely would have been no worse than Cowgill.