• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia?

I've been in favor of moving on from Scioscia for a couple years now, but nothing in this year's playoffs screamed 'he needs to be fired now!' to me. He made some moves that drove me crazy (the Calhoun bunt, starting CJ in game 3 and then not bringing Rasmus in earlier), but a lot of the furor is just fans being frustrated with how the series played out. KC is just red hot and riding a wave of euphoria right now. They made all the big plays - some of them even lucky. I can't really hold that against Scioscia. 

If he wasn't fired last offseason, he certainly isn't going to be fired now.

So you want to get rid of a manager who made the playoffs for a manager who didn't make the playoffs? Last I heard, you had to make the playoffs to win in the playoffs, i think.

This is a pretty asinine statement comparing the two as if they had similar teams.  The Indians have no where close to the talent that the Angels have.  The Indians also finished with 85 wins which is pretty damn good when you look at what they're throwing out there every game.

Like Kirk GIbson!!! Or the guy everyone was crying about missing out on .. Ryne Sandberg.. Lord knows their I'm the boss routines led their teams to tremendous successes...

"Balls", it's the new "Grit".

Ha, nice! Spot on!

Just going to point this out..   

Angels hired not one but TWO hitting instructors...    They hired a special eye in the sky scout...   They hired a new stats and analysis guy to help with the advance scouting...  they hired a new advance scouting guy.   ALL of these people were brought in to help prepare their players.  But in Angel fan land, MS should be fired for the team being unprepared.

How he prepares Mike Trout to not lose a ball in the lights or Kole Calhoun bobbling a ball is beyond me.

The offense tanked, or maybe The Royals just took it to them.

Just going to point this out..   

Angels hired not one but TWO hitting instructors...    They hired a special eye in the sky scout...   They hired a new stats and analysis guy to help with the advance scouting...  they hired a new advance scouting guy.   ALL of these people were brought in to help prepare their players.  But in Angel fan land, MS should be fired for the team being unprepared.

How he prepares Mike Trout to not lose a ball in the lights or Kole Calhoun bobbling a ball is beyond me.

The offense tanked, or maybe The Royals just took it to them.

Whoever authorized starting Josh Hamilton in all three games of the ALDS despite the fact he hadn't played in a month should be fired. That could be Scioscia. If it's actually Moreno personally micromanaging things like Hamilton starting, Pujols batting third, Pujols batting immediately behind Trout in the lineup, CJ Wilson starting instead of Rasmus or Santiago etc. then there's nothing we can do. Can't fire the owner =/

Edited by ScottLux

I have a question for the Scioscia supporters out there. 

What if the Angels do the same thing all over again in 2015 and flop in the ALDS?  Do you still defend Scioscia and blame it on the players?  At some point, even you guys will have to concede Scioscia needs to be replaced...

I have a question for the Scioscia supporters out there. 

What if the Angels do the same thing all over again in 2015 and flop in the ALDS?  Do you still defend Scioscia and blame it on the players?  At some point, even you guys will have to concede Scioscia needs to be replaced...

Whoever authorized starting Josh Hamilton in all three games of the ALDS despite the fact he hadn't played in a month should be fired. That could be Scioscia. If it's actually Moreno personally micromanaging things like Hamilton starting, Pujols batting third, Pujols batting immediately behind Trout in the lineup, CJ Wilson starting instead of Rasmus or Santiago etc. then there's nothing we can do. Can't fire the owner =/

Arte did all that ????

I have no problem replacing Scioscia, but do you really think he gave Trout the go 1-15 sign every time he came up in the post season? Do you think he went to our 2,3 and 4 hitters and begged them to go 5-38 this post season? I am sure he asked Trout and Calhoun to make mistakes in the outfield. Scioscia deserves some of the blame, but this was a physical performance issue more than a strategy and coaching issue this post season.

Yeah man...  I have issues with the Hamilton thing.   I don't particularly like the player so, my opinion is biased..... but I just don't understand the logic behind thinking a guy would find his stroke during the postseason.  Anyone and everyone who took part in that decision needs to get slapped.

I have no problem replacing Scioscia, but do you really think he gave Trout the go 1-15 sign every time he came up in the post season? Do you think he went to our 2,3 and 4 hitters and begged them to go 5-38 this post season? I am sure he asked Trout and Calhoun to make mistakes in the outfield. Scioscia deserves some of the blame, but this was a physical performance issue more than a strategy and coaching issue this post season.

Do you honestly believe Scioscia is doing a good job of preparing his teams for the playoffs?   

You forgot 'Manager of the Year candidate'

it will be funny when he wins it.  There is no one challenging him. 

He took a team predicted for a third place finish.  Faced desperate injuries to his ace and had no starting pitching depth.  Won I believe four games with a bull  pen game.

Pulled out wins with the stiff to be named later "Le Blanc"

Hell yes he deserves manager of the year.

it will be funny when he wins it.  There is no one challenging him. 

He took a team predicted for a third place finish.  Faced desperate injuries to his ace and had no starting pitching depth.  Won I believe four games with a bull  pen game.

Pulled out wins with the stiff to be named later "Le Blanc"

Hell yes he deserves manager of the year.

Again, who cares whether he wins that award or not?  It's meaningless in the context of the team. 

Do you honestly believe Scioscia is doing a good job of preparing his teams for the playoffs?

Well I honestly believe that what happened five years ago has no impact on what happened in this playoffs. You were one of the ones that argued he shouldn't be playing his starters the last weekend, because it wasn't up to him to help the A's secure a playoff spot. You were afraid of injuries to key players, as was I. You prepare your players by letting them know what is coming up and give them information about their opponent. Do you really think Scioscia needs to tell Albert or Freese how to prepare for the post season? No, they have been their before and they didn't really perform any better than any of the other playoff virgins. The team slumped at the wrong time. Here is a question for you. Do you think Mike coached any different after the ten game winning streak when they lost two in a row to the Astros? Or do you think it is just one of those things that happens during the course of a 162 game season? I assume it is the latter. I just think the team went into an offensive slump and no amount of preparedness from your manager is really going to cure that. Slumps happen, even in the post season. I wonder how many Tigers fans are calling for the firing of Ausmus.