• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia?

What the hell kind of answer do you want when you ask a stupid ****ing question like, which team had the offense to beat the Royals?

You said the Angels weren't well suited for the playoffs (or something to that effect).  This is your logic here, not mine. 

If that's true, what other team was better equipped to score runs against the Royals?  As I told you, the Angels scored the most runs during the regular season, so a reasonable inference would be that the Angels were best equipped to score a lot of runs against the Royals. 

You said the Angels weren't well suited for the playoffs (or something to that effect). This is your logic here, not mine.

If that's true, what other team was better equipped to score runs against the Royals? As I told you, the Angels scored the most runs during the regular season, so a reasonable inference would be that the Angels were best equipped to score a lot of runs against the Royals.

I guess I would say what I said the first time, a non slumping line up. My next answer would be a team that hits a lot of home runs, because they can turn a game around in a hurry, so Baltimore.

Oh okay, I couldn't remember who said that.

I really don't understand your logic though.  To be honest, it shouldn't matter who the opponent was, or whether they were a mirror image of anything.  The Angels proved they had the best offense this season, so to play this poorly against the Royals is embarrassing. 

Whats to understand?  I'm saying they were outplayed by a team that could out-pitch and out-defend them..  

Your argument about the Angels offense being better might have more bite if it wasn't also viable to argue that the Royals rotation, bullpen, and defense proved to be better over the course of 162 games.   Did you really not see the way the Royals turned balls into outs?   How many plays did Cain pretty much nullify with his glove?  I've always been one to argue that defense is massively underrated by people and yet, in this three game series it was obvious the defense played by both teams factored into the end result in a massive way.

In closing...  what's that line about good pitching Vs good hitting?

I guess I would say what I said the first time, a non slumping line up. My next answer would be a team that hits a lot of home runs, because they can turn a game around in a hurry, so Baltimore.

Before the ALDS started, did you really think the Angels were outmatched, or did you come to that conclusion last night or today? 

Whats to understand?  I'm saying they were outplayed by a team that could out-pitch and out-defend them..  

Your argument about the Angels offense being better might have more bite if it wasn't also viable to argue that the Royals rotation, bullpen, and defense proved to be better over the course of 162 games.   Did you really not see the way the Royals turned balls into outs?   How many plays did Cain pretty much nullify with his glove?  I've always been one to argue that defense is massively underrated by people and yet, in this three game series it was obvious the defense played by both teams factored into the end result in a massive way.

In closing...  what's that line about good pitching Vs good hitting?

I guess I'll ask you the same question I asked Stradling.

Before the ALDS began, did you think the Angels had the upper hand?  Be honest.  I sure did. 

You aren't this stupid, you just want to argue. Do you really think Scioscia has an affect on seven of the hitters ability to hit?

I think he has an affect on preparing them mentally, in terms of scouting report info, but also in calming their nerves and reassuring some of the rookies. 

If you're one of those people who says managers have little to no affect on players, why not get rid of Scioscia and the rest of the coaching staff?  By the way, I'm not trying to be argumentative, you just keep changing the subject on me. 

I guess I'll ask you the same question I asked Stradling.

Before the ALDS began, did you think the Angels had the upper hand?  Be honest.  I sure did. 

Before the ALDS I thought the Angels had the edge in game one and then it was a bunch of question marks.    

We saw how the offense came out of the ASB, another three day break wasn't exactly comforting..  Shoe had not pitched in over two weeks, had not thrown off the mound until the Sunday right before the ALDS.   I was hoping for the best but I had no idea what to expect out of him -- he was great..    CJ Wilson has been awful the entire second half, so I thought a match-up vs. Shields was a bad one for the Angels.  At the same time..... having watched this team all year I believed they would find a way to make it work..   So despite my concerns, I was optimistic and the end result is massively disappointing.   

Not sure if my answer means I felt they had the upper hand or not but I think I was pretty realistic.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Why won't you answer any of the questions I asked you?

To answer your question I thought that if we pitched well we would win this series. Was I nervous? Yes, I was afraid they would run us off the field and I was worried about their bullpen.

As far as fire everyone from the manager on down, sure, why not. Bring in a younger more intense manager would be fine with me. I am not dumb enough to believe it would make a huge difference. Also no manager wins a series with the way this offense performed.

Also no manager wins a series with the way this offense performed.

This is my main point. I'm not a fanatic one way or the other about Scioscia, but with no one hitting and historically bad production from the middle of the lineup, I'm not sure what other buttons he could have pushed. He tried running, he tried bunting, he tried hit-and-run...I don't know what else is left when no one puts the bat on the ball.

This is my main point. I'm not a fanatic one way or the other about Scioscia, but with no one hitting and historically bad production from the middle of the lineup, I'm not sure what other buttons he could have pushed. He tried running, he tried bunting, he tried hit-and-run...I don't know what else is left when no one puts the bat on the ball.

I disagree, he tried bunting, but at the wrong times and with the guys. Bunting with Calhoun was idiotic, not bunting with Iannetta was also the wrong move. Bunting multiple times with Hamilton next. With the games so close moves such as those could be the difference between a win and a loss.

Edited by tennischmp

I disagree, he tried bunting, but at the wrong times and with the guys. Bunting with Calhoun was idiotic, not bunting with Iannetta was also the wrong move. Bunting multiple times with Hamilton next. With the games so close moves such as those could be the difference between a win and a loss.

He bunted into oblivion and did not bunt when needed .

The bats started to come alive , finally in the third game . But, not winning those two games b/c of bad decisions made it too late .

Playing Hambone was IDIOTIC.

Cron should have DH'd against a lefty and Navarro against a righty.

Conger should have bunted for Iannetta .

Based on what?  Navarro being a LHB?  His .630 OPS Vs RHP is .100 points lower than Cron's at .731.   Cron's also gone yard 7 times Vs RHP as opposed to Navarro's 1.  Cron also has fewer Ks despite having almost 20 more at bats Vs RHP.  The only reason for having Navarro over Cron is handedness  -- normally people are criticizing MS for making those sorts of robo-coach decisions.

what choice did he really have ?

Not much but after Wilson imploded after less than an inning the the rest of the pitching melted down, so if Santiago had started the game instead of coming in relief it might have gone differently but we'll never know. Scioscia likes playing veterans even if they suck like Wilson.

They have had the "same" manager for too long. Isn't Scioscia the current longest tenured manager with one team ? 

A new manager with a new mindset & approach would be something new instead of the same old tune their used to hearing every year.

Its not completely about how Scioscia manages, they've had him for too long.

They have had the "same" manager for too long. Isn't Scioscia the current longest tenured manager with one team ? 

A new manager with a new mindset & approach would be something new instead of the same old tune their used to hearing every year.

Its not completely about how Scioscia manages, they've had him for too long.

I hope your spouse, if married, doesn't read this.

He bunted into oblivion and did not bunt when needed .

The bats started to come alive , finally in the third game . But, not winning those two games b/c of bad decisions made it too late .

Playing Hambone was IDIOTIC.

Conger should have bunted for Iannetta .

3 runs is coming alive?  Man that's sad.

All I know is that Jered Weaver has said this was the best clubhouse he's every been associated with.  I think that speaks to Mike Scioscia to some degree. 

Who would have realistically put Calhoun in the lead off spot early on or had Aybar bat 5th or 6th -  two moves that helped make the team successful?  Who would of had the courage to use the bull-pen lead by Rasmus to start several games?  His move to put Howie in the four hole also paid off down the stretch. 

Scioscia did a great job, IMO.

All I know is that Jered Weaver has said this was the best clubhouse he's every been associated with.  I think that speaks to Mike Scioscia to some degree. 

Who would have realistically put Calhoun in the lead off spot early on or had Aybar bat 5th or 6th -  two moves that helped make the team successful?  Who would of had the courage to use the bull-pen lead by Rasmus to start several games?  His move to put Howie in the four hole also paid off down the stretch. 

Scioscia did a great job, IMO.

He's never played professioanl ball outside the Angels organzation. I'd be curious to hear from guys like Huston Street, Raul Ibanez etc. who participated on several other MLB teams.