• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia?

Remember all those, "I told you so" posts? Me neither.

Well, to be fair there were a lot of old threads brought back.  There was definitely some "I told you so's" going on.

Regardless, doesn't matter, the folks that wanted Sosh gone before the season started are the same ones that still want him gone now.  Nothing changes. 

Just like the nuthuggers with their smug attitudes and holier than thou type posts when things were going well.

So we are smug and holier than thou when we are happy things are going well?  Ok, got it.  I thought we just supported the fact that Scioscia is the manager and isn't going anywhere.

To be fair the "Fire Scoiscia" people were mocked when things were going well.

So it should come as no surprise that they would be back with a vengeance.

The Fire Scioscia people actually credited much of the Angels' success to Jerry Dipoto getting rid of some of Scioscia's favorite toys, including Raul Ibanez and Ernesto Freiri.

Edited by ScottLux

Dipoto signed/traded for both of those so called "toys".

Raul Ibanez had value on the roster as a pinch hitter off the bench. Frieri, at least for the first couple months, had some value in low leverage spots.

They became Scioscia's "toys" when he insisted on using them in the cleanup spot and the closer role, respectively.

Raul Ibanez had value on the roster as a pinch hitter off the bench. Frieri, at least for the first couple months, had some value in low leverage spots.

They became Scioscia's "toys" when he insisted on using them in the cleanup spot and the closer role, respectively.

Ibanez wasn't signed to be a bench player... he was signed to be the everyday DH.  Anyone trying to argue otherwise is guilty of revisionist history.  

I do think Ernie got more rope than he merited but at the same time Frieri's fall from grace was spectacular in a very ugly way.   I've always been on Dipoto for failing to address the pen but I don't think anyone could have predicted Frieri falling apart the way he did.  In a weird way his complete and total implosion may have been the best thing that happened to the team.  Had he merely been mediocre they may not have gone on an all out mission to fix the pen.

I think everyone involved with the decision process gave too much credence to Ibanez's recent history of slow starts and possibly his history of having hit well in Anaheim.

Everyone knows that any good manager would have started Rasmus and Navarro in game 3. Rasmus would have pitched 7 shutout innings and Navarro would have gone 4-4 with 2 HRs. 

Strawman. You start Santiago and Cowgill, respectively.

Santiago was nails wasn't he?

I'm just repeating what I said before game 3 started. Contrary to popular believe I do'nt just harp on Scioscia after the fact because the moves don't work.

Game 1 was lost by Fernando Salas. Grilli and Morin should have appeared in the game before Salas. Wrong move.

Game 2 was lost by Jeppy, who had a history of being one of our better starters this season. That was the right move that didn't work out. 

So pitching wise it was like asking if you wanted it in the head or the gut....   LOL...   God it was ugly.  Let's hope they can find some decent arms in the bargain bin.

basically. the deck was stacked against us in game 3 regardless. Losing game 1 is what cost us the series. 

Edited by ScottLux

I'm just repeating what I said before game 3 started. Contrary to popular believe I do'nt just harp on Scioscia after the fact because the moves don't work.

Game 1 was lost by Fernando Salas. Grilli and Morin should have appeared in the game before Salas. Wrong move.

Game 2 was lost by Jeppy, who had a history of being one of our better starters this season. That was the right move that didn't work out. 

basically. the deck was stacked against us in game 3 regardless. Losing game 1 is what cost us the series. 

Game one was lost by the Angels being shutout for 6 innings after the 5th. Eventually someone has to take the loss if the offense doesn't score, it doesn't matter what order you scramble the pitchers and your just pulling a bullshit after the fact pitching substitutions to make believe events would have ended differently. Morin blew up game 3 allowing two runs so your scenario still fails.

Game two, just clone game one with even less runs scored and another 5 innings being shut out. You have no pitching order that replaces one damn run needed to be scored before the end of the 10th inning to win that game as well.

Game one was just one game, it didn't cost the series, it didn't follow that the rest of the playoffs were set for failure because the Angels dropped one game.

And Cowgill has a .262 career slugging percentage vs righties. Any good manager would have gone against the grain and started him instead.

Cowgill hit in the second half like Ibanez did to get himself released .193/.280/.241/.521. Scotty is running his mouth that his brain can't pay the bills for.

Game one was lost by the Angels being shutout for 6 innings after the 5th. Eventually someone has to take the loss if the offense doesn't score, it doesn't matter what order you scramble the pitchers and your just pulling a bullshit after the fact pitching substitutions to make believe events would have ended differently. Morin blew up game 3 allowing two runs so your scenario still fails.

Game two, just clone game one with even less runs scored and another 5 innings being shut out. You have no pitching order that replaces one damn run needed to be scored before the end of the 10th inning to win that game as well.

Game one was just one game, it didn't cost the series, it didn't follow that the rest of the playoffs were set for failure because the Angels dropped one game.

Game 1)  Kansas City had a deeper and more effective bullpen than the Angels.

Game 2)  More of the same as game #1.

Game 3)  Angels had only two effective starters exiting the regular season against the Royals starting their number 1 pitcher (their ace).

It's interesting that the two teams with the two best postseason bullpens in the American League will play in the ALCS, and with their full complement of starters.  Baltimore has the slight edge because their hitting is stronger.

Game 3)  Angels had only two effective starters exiting the regular season against the Royals starting their number 1 pitcher (their ace).

It's interesting that the two teams with the two best postseason bullpens in the American League will play in the ALCS, and with their full complement of starters.  Baltimore has the slight edge because their hitting is stronger.

Game 1) The Royals had outstanding outfield defense. That is what cost us the game!

1. We bunted 3 times .

2. Conger did not PH for Iannetta to bunt Cowgil to third .

3. The bats came alive but Hambone was still in the 7th spot . Rasmus should have started .