• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Done: Lester and Gomes from the Red Sox to A's for Yoenis Cespedes

i think the A's get the short end of this deal. there's no way they sign lester, so they just gave up cespedes for a 2 month rental. if it gets them the world series, then it's a win. otherwise, the angels long term prospects have improved by the A's making this trade.

Since when do the buyers of a deadline trade win?

not really concerned

up until a few starts ago Jon Lester has been mediocre at best this season

and yeah they may have the best rotation on paper but they still have to execute

weren't we supposed to have the best offense on paper last year? we didn't execute and look what happened

you still gotta play the game 

poppycock...any team that dealt for him knows they can't get comp picks and it's unlikely they are going to re-sign him - whether he goes back to the Red Sox or somewhere else. I find it hard to believe they couldn't have gotten either some young top prospects or a controllable player or two. The Red Sox aren't competing this year, so basically they are rolling the dice this year was a fluke and not 2013...and when you consider how their young guys have shown very little...that's not a sure thing.

Well done Red.

Since when do the buyers of a deadline trade win?

what? buyers usually win. everybody just geeks about the prospects. the fact is the buyer gets the major leaguer. i think taking a moto bat off your team late in the season is a highly questionable move. the A's are making a drastic change in team composition for very little net gain. perhaps it will bring them a championship, beane is no dummy, but i think it's a bad move.

Edited by ukyah

i love the stat monkeys attacking me....
one question.. before this trade who was the one player on the As that the other team was most afraid of either with the bat or on defense?  The face of the franchise so to speak.
im not talking WAR or any other stats for christs sake... but in that sense yes it is the same as us loosing Trout
Most baseball fans that dont subscribe to BP would have a hard time naming another A at this point.
It isnt that big a leap regardless of how much you wanna make it one...
to be clear i did not say they were of the same value statistically... happy?

one question.. before this trade who was the one player on the As that the other team was most afraid of either with the bat or on defense?  The face of the franchise so to speak.

im not talking WAR or any other stats for christs sake... but in that sense yes it is the same as us loosing Trout

Most baseball fans that dont subscribe to BP would have a hard time naming another A at this point.

Well yeah, I guess losing Cespedes is kind of like losing Trout.

Just not in any sort of way that has anything to do with talent or on-field value to a baseball team.

one question.. before this trade who was the one player on the As that the other team was most afraid of either with the bat or on defense? The face of the franchise so to speak.

I bet Josh Donaldson or Brandon Moss were more feared than Cespedes. Not that it matters, though. Whether the player is feared or not it still counts as a hit if it lands fair and it's still a home run if it's over the fence. How feared a player is is completely irrelevant.

kinda like saying we are the same team without Trout?

come on i mean we are not talking about a role player here. we are talking about a guy that can hit balls into parking lots and throw you out from them... i see noone considering that aspect as they slobber on the As knob here...

concede the division if you wish, im not

I am seriously considering the possibility that you are reading this board from an entirely different dimension than the one I live in.

they have a really good starting rotation, with Lester having a lot of postseason experience.  they did weaken their offense, but Pitching wins playoff games.

if we infact face them in ALDS ( which looks like its going to happen either way), we better hope our Offense is on fire big time.

If our offense is not on fire, i just hope they dont have an arm in left field that gets our players out at home every single time....oh wait.  they don't anymore.