• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Done: Lester and Gomes from the Red Sox to A's for Yoenis Cespedes

Their farm system does one heck of of a job of getting them other team's failures for future use.  They aren't looking at the farm to supply them with players as much as they see it as a source of currency for patch moves.   They will parlay a pitcher or two into players they can use and so on and so on.   

I know that. Much of the farm system should be used as currency because a lot of these guys don't pan out. However, Beane spent several years sacrificing the farm in order to establish a winning team. I'm sure he'll flip some of the current players as he's known to do, but that minor league system has left them in a poor position for the future. A lot of A's fans around the net are aware that a rebuilding period will happen soon and they seem to think that he'll retire if they don't have any playoff success this year. 

They have the best offense in baseball. They weren't winning 3-2 before this trade. They won't be winning 1-0 after it. What are you talking about?

based on what i wonder?

they didnt lead in ops or any other key metric other than runs scored and rbi which is as much luck in that regard as anything else when you dont lead in other areas, and Cespedes was a large part of that.

To me this is a curious move for the Red Sox...you would have thought they could have gotten more for Lester than 18 months of Cespedes. 

I don't think they could.  Because of what Lester has been saying about returning back to the Red Sox in the offseason.  That statement dropped his price considerably.  

Based on what?

And even if they fall all the way to top 5, does it make a difference? No chance they fall outside the top 5.

Just curious but why do we care how many runs they have scored to this point? I care about how many runs they score the rest of the way.

Could anyone verify if Cespedes has arbitration years in 2016 and 2017? I've seen it reported that he's a UFA after 2015 and also that he's under club control until 2018.

No, the deal he signed was a MLB deal like FA.

Could anyone verify if Cespedes has arbitration years in 2016 and 2017? I've seen it reported that he's a UFA after 2015 and also that he's under club control until 2018.

He has a clause in his contract that allows him to become a FA after 2015.