• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Done: Lester and Gomes from the Red Sox to A's for Yoenis Cespedes

I wonder if the stadium fiasco in Oakland has generated at least some urgency in the team to play for it all right now. I mean obviously the league as a whole is down right now and the window to win is staring the A's in the face but even so the team usually balances present and future needs more balanced. However a World Series win may give the team some momentum to get a stadium deal done somehow.

He has to make another trade now.. 2 more if crisp is out for a while.

@Ken_Rosenthal: As others have noted, #Athletics positioned for more. Milone certainly expendable, and maybe Hammel, too. #Marlins have asked about Milone.

Ya I don't think they're done

My gut reaction is that this is good for the Halos, unless the A's know something about Cespedes that others don't. Their offense wasquestionable with him and I'd rather they have Lester and a shaky Gomes than a guy who hits 30 homers.

Their offense was questionable? They lead MLB in runs scored by a comfy margin

Gonna be even tougher for Halos to pass them up with them throwing Kazmir, Gray, Lester, Samardzija out there. With that staff, they could have Blanton as the 5th starter and it wouldn't matter

Anyone else thing JD is trying to counter this...

Or wait and see if Cliff Lee is put on waivers.

Wouldn't be surprised if the dodgers try to get him on waivers too.

I'm sure Dipoto is looking around but I'd hope they don't start making moves because the A's are making moves. They'd need to go bold like Oakland just did by trading a contributing MLB guy to get more pitching help.

I'm sure Dipoto is looking around but I'd hope they don't start making moves because the A's are making moves. They'd need to go bold like Oakland just did by trading a contributing MLB guy to get more pitching help.

This is where I'm at.  I really hope he doesn't go knee-jerk and do something stupid.  I like where this team is right now and I think there will be some way(s) to help improve the team in August.