• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

St. Louis definitely won the Freese/Bourjos trade

Fair enough.

Who again did we have in house to play 3B? Lucho, yeah. His glove is a lot better...his bat a lot worse. And there were no real 3B options on the FA market

Grant Green, who would likely do better than Freese with equal playing time.

Id love for green to be able to take over 3rd. Hoping he can in the near future. But it doesnt seem like the angels think he can....and neither did oakland

Which is just bizarre given the defensive liability we have impersonating a third baseman at the moment.

By my measure - at this point in time - Freese is a higher contributor than Bourjos.

Avg Pct Offensive Contribution:  Freese:  9.2%   -  Bourjos:  8.2%

Player's Total Pct Offensive Contribution to LAA:   Freese = 6.8%  (6th highest LAA contributor)

Player Total Pct Offensive Contribution to STL:   Bourjos = 4.8%  (9th highest STL contributor)

By my measure - at this point in time - Freese is a higher contributor than Bourjos.

Avg Pct Offensive Contribution:  Freese:  9.2%   -  Bourjos:  8.2%

Player's Total Pct Offensive Contribution to LAA:   Freese = 6.8%  (6th highest LAA contributor)

Player Total Pct Offensive Contribution to STL:   Bourjos = 4.8%  (9th highest STL contributor)

If only baseball were played by 9 DHs.  

Just a waste of money. The power hitting 3B is damn near mythical these days

exactly. Very few people get this.

Longoria is having a down year, but would still kill to have him. Beltre is still a stud...donaldson....maybe a small handfull more, but after that its gets very lean, and has been for a while

Every time I read 'we havent had a 3b since glaus' I shake my head. Figgins did very well there, he just didnt hit hime runs like a lot of fans were imagining was happening in other parks

Then it was a good trade, equal flushing down both toilets.

um what?

i dont get how u can think that it was equally bad for both teams.  angels are paying freese 5m and he will likely be non tendered at the end of the season.  salas is making 1m pitching in the minor leagues.

bourjos and grichuk are both still young, have trade value, and make league minimum while having 6 years of club control.  id say the cards clearly flushed their crap down our toilet.

Edited by JarsOfClay

exactly. Very few people get this.

Longoria is having a down year, but would still kill to have him. Beltre is still a stud...donaldson....maybe a small handfull more, but after that its gets very lean, and has been for a while

Every time I read 'we havent had a 3b since glaus' I shake my head. Figgins did very well there, he just didnt hit hime runs like a lot of fans were imagining was happening in other parks

Kyle Seager, Aramis Ramirez also come to mind. The guy that I would have liked to have most was Casey McGee. I saw him in Japan a few times, but he plays an excellent 3rd base, lays off bad pitches, and makes solid contact most of the time.

Edited by moccasin

Bourjos doesn't have 6 years of club control. This was his arb 1 year and he is a FA after 2016.

Grichuk had an OBP of .306 in AA last year and an OBP of .317 so far in AAA.

He has an OPS of .654 against righties in AAA.

Not sure why anybody sees him as anything more than a 4th at best. He is not an everyday player.

um what?

i dont get how u can think that it was equally bad for both teams. angels are paying freese 5m and he will likely be non tendered at the end of the season. salas is making 1m pitching in the minor leagues.

bourjos and grichuk are both still young, have trade value, and make league minimum while having 6 years of club control. id say the cards clearly flushed their crap down our toilet.

No chance that the Angels DFA Freese. His 689 ops is still bad but a huge improvement from 30 days ago. He is on pace to end up with a 750 OPS not great but not DFA worthy. Especially since the angels don't have anyone to fill his spot.

It was a good trade for the angels

Edited by nate

good trade still for both teams - and it wasn't a major trade then or now......

Bourjos -- a Halos player I always liked and will root for throughout his MLB career......wasn't going to play for the Halos. He's a defensive whiz on in CF and may be the best defensive OF'er (not taking into consideration his average to less than average throwing arm) in MLB....

Freese? We needed a 3B and got him in Freese even if Freese has been somewhat of a total disappointment with lesser than expected defense skills, slow a-foot and has earned the moniker, Mr. GIDP......but still, we needed a 3B and got one.

Salas -- is he back down at SLC AAA now? I still think he's provided some pen depth and has come on lately, doing the role the Halos have asked of him.

Grichuck? a throw in guy, been up with the Cards a bit but too old to be a prospect and is on the way to being a 4-A player.

I think the trade was fair on both sides and might be disappointing on both side but then, not much was expected from these guys and they've delivered down to low expectations.

I'd like to see Bourjos heat up and do well down the stretch.