• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

St. Louis definitely won the Freese/Bourjos trade

Real reason that Bourjos had to go was that Trout really only wanted to play CF. That made him expendable. And I respectfully disagree with those that think Freeze is a bust. He's more valuable  to Angels that PB is to Cards...and he seems to be coming around lately....

good trade still for both teams - and it wasn't a major trade then or now......

Bourjos -- a Halos player I always liked and will root for throughout his MLB career......wasn't going to play for the Halos. He's a defensive whiz on in CF and may be the best defensive OF'er (not taking into consideration his average to less than average throwing arm) in MLB....

Freese? We needed a 3B and got him in Freese even if Freese has been somewhat of a total disappointment with lesser than expected defense skills, slow a-foot and has earned the moniker, Mr. GIDP......but still, we needed a 3B and got one.

Salas -- is he back down at SLC AAA now? I still think he's provided some pen depth and has come on lately, doing the role the Halos have asked of him.

Grichuck? a throw in guy, been up with the Cards a bit but too old to be a prospect and is on the way to being a 4-A player.

I think the trade was fair on both sides and might be disappointing on both side but then, not much was expected from these guys and they've delivered down to low expectations.

I'd like to see Bourjos heat up and do well down the stretch.

Grichuck is only 22, he can still develop

Bourjos doesn't have 6 years of club control. This was his arb 1 year and he is a FA after 2016.

Grichuk had an OBP of .306 in AA last year and an OBP of .317 so far in AAA.

He has an OPS of .654 against righties in AAA.

Not sure why anybody sees him as anything more than a 4th at best. He is not an everyday player.

why r u so certain his career is over at 22?

Grichuk might have been the most overrated Angels "prospect" since Trevor Reckling.

Guess that depends on whether or not a person is looking at anything beyond triple crown stats, and what they viewed him as.   As a trade piece he was extremely useful, but that value fades the older he gets. 

Grichuk is an awful lot like Trumbo in that his value as a trade chip exceeded his value as a player.   I caught a slight bit of crap when I relayed the opinions of certain NL scouts that Trumbo had some real value to teams.   Soon as he was traded everyone was yapping about how valuable RH power was in the game.

As offense continues to spiral south it's likely power will continue to grow in value.  A player who can hit for power and play plus defense has more perceived value than he might have between the lines.

• 3 weeks later...

Freese is a complete bust. I'd pinch hit Vernon Wells or Reggie Willits for him in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter that Borjous is kinda suckin' too. Cause Freese is absolutely killing rallies.

Add in also that the Halos sent Grichik along with Borjous who could turn out to be alright. Would have been nice to have him to use as a trade piece

Freese 0.5 WAR

Salas 1.0 WAR

Bourjos 1.2 WAR

Grichuk -0.2 WAR

JD wins again.  Dude has been brilliant this year.  Absolutely brilliant.  You can say all you want that Freese sucks but JD made the team better.  

I liked bourjos better than freese. But freese is worth more to the team than bourjos because of lack of a 3B.

Cowgill is what made bourjos expendable. Bourjos would have been a good 4th OF here. He doesnt help us at all at 3B.

That said, im still not a huge freese guy. He hasnt been horrible, just nothing special. Socal mentioned callaspo. Freese has pretty much been callaspo for us

Bourjos has become almost an after-thought in St. Louis -- and now John Jay, the CF Bourjos was going to push for playing time, has really come on and is swinging a great bat right now.

Bourjos playing time is down to late inning OF defensive replacement and Pinch Runner........

also, something that really surprises me - the St. Louis fans have not taken to Bourjos and some how he got off to a bad start with the St. Louis fans.

I thought Bourjos style of play would make him a fan favorite in St. Louis and it certainly has NOT turned out that way -- quite the opposite.

that's hard to take with good guy Bourjos who plays all out, is quick, great D and runs really fast.......I thought St. Louis was a good fit for him. Oh well.

I love Bourjos but said at the time I would wait and see if the trade works out for the Angels. Salas contribution in the second half makes it a clear win for the Angels.

Is this a joke?

You defend Petey and his "talent" more than Scioscia evr defended Mathis.

Uh......i think i did say I love Boujos didn't I?

I did say (you people like finding old post so go look it up) that I would wait judgement and hope the trade works out. The was the first to suggest that Trout may have wanted to sign the extension as. CF.

so why the hell do you think I am joking?

Salas pitching well makes it a win for the Angels

I am sick of people suggesting I have said things that I did not d

say!

So what the hell is your problem?

Is this a joke?

You defend Petey and his "talent" more than Scioscia evr defended Mathis.

ah, why all the fuss?

I really like Bourjos and liked this trade for the Halos as well.

fact is/was Bourjos wasn't going to play in Anaheim.

I thought Bourjos would play in St. Louis and become a fan favorite. It hasn't happened and at this point in the season, Bourjos is pretty much an after thought in St. Louis, he's playing very little and the fans have sort of turned on him...........as a Bourjos fan (and a Cardinals fan) I am really not happy about this turn of events.........but it is what it is.

Meanwhile Salas has done well for us this year - we got the pen depth from him that we needed and Freese, a player who I think is less than advertised, nonetheless has filled the gap at third.

I think his defense is weak, he seems to be a slow and very poor base runner and hasn't hit that well until the past month or so.........I simply am not that impressed with his athletic ability and he's not a guy I would want on my team...........but he's played third for pretty much most of the season and his performance has been an upgrade for us at that position (which says a lot about what we've had at that position ever since Glaus left).

I think the trade was good for us and good for the Cards.

I really like Borujos as a ballplayer and hope he can make some major contributions down the stretch for St. Louis.

Stretch time, expanded rosters should be good for Bourjos -- if I'm Matheny, Bourgos is in CF after the 7th inning in almost every game and that's after he's been inserted as a Pinch Runner for someone..........

Uh......i think i did say I love Boujos didn't I?

I did say (you people like finding old post so go look it up) that I would wait judgement and hope the trade works out. The was the first to suggest that Trout may have wanted to sign the extension as. CF.

so why the hell do you think I am joking?

Salas pitching well makes it a win for the Angels

I am sick of people suggesting I have said things that I did not d

say!

So what the hell is your problem?

Your exact words:

"Right now I believe this be a worse trade than Napoli for Wells"