• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

St. Louis definitely won the Freese/Bourjos trade

so bourjos has been much better lately, and a much better defender all year. and miles better on the base paths.

got it.

so bourjos has been much better lately, and a much better defender all year. and miles better on the base paths.

got it.

Werent you the one just complaining about small sample sizes????

Yes Bourjos is awesome in the field and i was sad to see him go.

To me I see Salas as the real gain from this trade.  For Freese, its not so much the sample size as the trend that is promising:

AVG   OBP   SLG   OPS

March/April        .193    .250    .277   .527   (92 PA)

May                  .222    .286    .267   .552    (49 PA)

June                 .280    .372    .329   .702    (94 PA)

July                  .315    .406    .556   .963    (64 PA)

Despite doing poorly the last couple weeks he is still having a strong month overall.  Its good to see he is trending up in every category.  He is hitting for much more power and is walking more.  While this is promising he still has a long way to go before he will be accepted in my book.  If he keeps it up then great.  In the mean time it is very frustrating when he struggles at the plate simply because his defense is so atrocious.  He has cost us at least 5 runs since the beginning of the second half.  It was bad enough when his range just sucked and now it seems he misses half the balls that come straight to him.  And if its on the line?  Don't count on Freeze to get to it because he is a lazy POS that still doesn't understand the ball will not go foul when its close.

Anyways, I think Salas has made this trade worthwhile so far and if Freese continues his trend then the Angels will be the winners of the trade by a large margin.  Bourjos MAY have been a good trade piece for a more valuable player, but its not like other teams are just completely blind to his injury proneness.  Is it not possible Dipoto shopped around and this was the best he could get?  Especially given that it filled 2 needs:  a 3B and a RP.  Salas didn't look so hot at the beginning of the year, but now he's a solid part of our now awesome bullpen.  I've questioned Dipoto a lot since he came to the Angels, but what he has done with the pen is ridiculous.  They have gone from one of the worst to one of the best.  In closing, lets wait and see how this pans out before judging the trade.  Right now its somewhat of a wash.  It filled small needs that each team needed.  This was never a blockbuster deal.

Pretty much everything I feared would happen has happened.   Freese has proven to be White Callaspo, minus the glove.  Grichuk upped his value to where he could have been useful as a trade chip to keep someone else.  I was bent and vocal when it happened but I really don't get the point of lingering on it.  There are missed opportunities every single day in life, obsessing over them eventually leads to paralysis.  Say what you will about the JD front office, they are constantly moving forward and IMO they deserve some merit for that.  I think the players buy into Jerry's optimistic upbeat nature. I'd imagine among the Angels who have been here for all of JD's tenure fully believe that if Jerry can make a move to try to make the team better he will and again, that deserves some merit.

Anyway I get the frustration, but for me, whatever increased value Grichuk had would have been used at this point.   Yes, it came with a greater cost but at least that trade didn't hinder the Angels efforts to obtain the closer they felt they wanted/needed.

Im not gonna bother to read.

The first comment says 'trade him for a can of corn'. I only reapect posters who have the wit to say something like 'trade for a can of pubes'.

Speaking of.... (dammit. Were running low on guys we dislike after ernasty and ibanez left).

We traded someone we didnt need, to fill a spot we needed. Its an even trade.

Just because somebody has 'third baseman' on their business card it doesn't mean we need them. The core of the grade was giving up a player for an inferior one, never mind the whole giving up a decent prospect thing too.

Freese was awful last night. We should've traded Petey two years ago. Now the league knows he sucks

this Cards fan agrees

"yea he runs like the wind but 2-3 times this season he over runs the base & gets tagged out in clutch times & 2-3 times this season runs to the gap to catch line drives & drops the ball only time he ever gets to 1st base is he hits chopper in the infield & beats it out he needs to stay in AA" 

Just because somebody has 'third baseman' on their business card it doesn't mean we need them. The core of the grade was giving up a player for an inferior one, never mind the whole giving up a decent prospect thing too.

Fair enough.

Who again did we have in house to play 3B? Lucho, yeah. His glove is a lot better...his bat a lot worse. And there were no real 3B options on the FA market