• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

St. Louis definitely won the Freese/Bourjos trade

For me, I see it in the same context that I see the Tommy Hanson trade.  You can't evaluate it solely on whether the player you received worked out or not.  The Angels had a glut of RP that threw hard but couldn't find the plate and needed cheap controllable SP.  They took a gamble on Tommy Hanson.  It totally didn't work out, but that's a risk worth taking.  

I'd only call it a failure now because of how effective Walden has been and how horrible our bullpen was to begin the season.  

Freese is hitting around .250 with passable defense.  He's on a cold streak since the ASB but was red hot going in.  He probably ends up hitting .270/.335 with 10 HR's and adequate defense.  Green probably replaces him next year regardless.  

And even though I support this trade, I still believe that Luis Jimenez would've roughly equated the same value as Freese.

That's the problem with the organization...they sign guys who flash in the pan - then bust out...Finley, Matsui, now "10th Avenue Freese Out"...

Scioscia will continue to play him...because Scioscia is Scioscia...

That's the problem with the organization...they sign guys who flash in the pan - then bust out...Finley, Matsui, now "10th Avenue Freese Out"...

Scioscia will continue to play him...because Scioscia is Scioscia...

I thought the problem was we are only 60-40.

Salas has a 2.97 era. That's pretty darn good considering his role.

What are the point of these whiny threads? There aren't any takebacksees. Dipoto made the trade. Live in the now. Last I checked, PB was hitting like .230 and Grinulkchuvk was still a prospect doing nothing. Cheese and rice people!

Just keep Salas from facing inherited runners!

Petey is batting .228, which is lower than Freese... and Adam Wainwright.

Grichuk hit .136 with the Cards. Since June 1st he's hitting .221 in the minors.

Big winners

Lol I don't foresee anyone trying to refute this with any kind of real support.

Petey is batting .228, which is lower than Freese... and Adam Wainwright. 

Grichuk hit .136 with the Cards. Since June 1st he's hitting .221 in the minors.

Big winners

grichuk is 22 years old, posting a decent slash line at AAA and plays very solid defense. Ya he doesn't walk a lot but he has good power and speed and is above average overall on the offensive side.

bourjos is an elite defender, that even if he hits a little bit, he is an above average player at the MLB level. If he stays healthy of course.

and we got David freese. Ya, big winners.

Yes Freese had a horrible start to the year but he has been fine the last couple of months.

AVG    OBP   SLG   OPS

June            .280     .372    .329   .702

July             .293     .382    .517   .900   (3HR)

People just need to complain

I don't recall anyone starting a thread declaring us the big winners of the trade.

Petey's glove has no value on the bench...or the DL.

no certainly not, be he obviously has value to a team with OF needs and a trade chip we could have used on someone better than freeze.

we sold low on PB and we bought even lower. Pretty remarkable really