• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

St. Louis definitely won the Freese/Bourjos trade

Freese is a complete bust. I'd pinch hit Vernon Wells or Reggie Willits for him in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter that Borjous is kinda suckin' too. Cause Freese is absolutely killing rallies.

Add in also that the Halos sent Grichik along with Borjous who could turn out to be alright. Would have been nice to have him to use as a trade piece

As I said in another thread, Bourjos has been pretty stinky at the plate and Cards fans hate him. And his WAR is still three times higher than Freese.

And just for good measure we gave them a pretty good prospect too. Awesome.

Freese- .9 WAR

Bourjos- 1.1 WAR

I do agree they won but only because Grichuk. Trade kinda sucks for both teams, the Cards have a major logjam in the outfield so Grichuk is pretty blocked and Bourjos doesn't even start. Salas has been serviceable though and actually pretty good as of late so that's a plus.

Freese- .9 WAR

Bourjos- 1.1 WAR

I do agree they won but only because Grichuk. Trade kinda sucks for both teams, the Cards have a major logjam in the outfield so Grichuk is pretty blocked and Bourjos doesn't even start. Salas has been serviceable though and actually pretty good as of late so that's a plus.

BR has Bourjous at 0.9 and Freese at 0.3. Those were the numbers I was talking about.

Defensive metrics have been kinder than usual to Jay this year but he's still a liability out there. If I were them I'd be playing Bourjos over Jay. But you're right, that's not that big an upgrade. Freese over Green may well be a downgrade.

Don't they both suck? Plus Freese is more valuable to us simply because he plays 3B. With Cowgill, Peter would be totally useless for us. 

Until Grickick proves himself, I'd say it's a wash. 

bourjos is already better than freese, grich is 9 years younger, has 6 years to prove himself and you're saying it's a wash?  unbelievable.

The cards net production isn't likely any better than it would have been for just this year, but Grichuk has upside.  Bourjos is still young, and they got another young guy into their lineup while shedding salary.  It's not an outright victory for them at this point, but there is more potential there going forward. 

Grichuk will forever be known as the guy that became the second coming of mickey mantle one he was traded.

Guys who strike out a ton and don't walk in the minors are usually crappy in mlb and i see grichuk following that trend. I would be shocked if he is an mlb starter.

Salas + freese compared with bourjos has been a pretty even trade

Don't they both suck? Plus Freese is more valuable to us simply because he plays 3B. With Cowgill, Peter would be totally useless for us. 

Until Grickick proves himself, I'd say it's a wash. 

Cowgill is a probable 'lightning in a bottle' case. In the three seasons before this one he had an OPS of .604, .654 and .594.

And yeah, Bourjos is better than Freese. People get all excited about Freese now that he's hitting better than Jeff Mathis at his worst, but you really need to realize just how much his God-awful work with the glove sucks any offensive value he provides away.

I believe Jimenez was the 3B going into this season. I'm fine with the trade considering that.

We have Grant Green (who is far better than Jimenez and at worst as good as Freese) or we could have traded for someone with talent. It's not like it was a straight choice between Jimenez or Freese.

I believe Jimenez was the 3B going into this season. I'm fine with the trade considering that.

As bad as Freese is at the plate, Lucho is still probably worse, but with his defense, I am not overly convinced the Halos added any value over what they had.  Having a premium defender at 3b could have easily offset the offensive difference. 

deal made sense for both teams and was not a major trade even though Halos front office made it sound as if we had finally found a power hitter third baseman.

not true.  Freese has spurts of power but is sort of a 15-20 a year (maybe) HR guy.

He's terrible on defense and pretty much should not be on the field at 3B after his second or third AB of the game.  Freese is very slow on the base paths and is Mr. GIDP with runners on base.

Bourjos got off to a slow start with St. Louis and then got hurt.........one poster said St. Louis fans don't like him -- I find that difficult to believe -- Bourjos is a St, Louis, true small ball type NL player and is perhaps the best defensive CF'er in MLB today.......I'm hoping Bourjos turns it around, gets more playing time in the second half and does well.

Salas has pretty much done what we have asked of him and as others here have said is a serviceable pen depth guy -- that's pretty much what we traded for and that's what we got,

Grichuk is probably a future 4-A player at best.

so the deal was OK on both sides..........wasn't a major deal at the time and has proven that to be the case..........

Still, I am hoping for Bourjos to do well and show MLB fans the talent that he has.........every Halos fan should want Bourjos to do well.......he was great for us and went all out, his plays in CF were amazing.......