• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So WTH really happened to this Malaysian aircraft??

My afternoon instructor cancelled his sessions so I had time to experiment with fuel. This is a F-15S sim so it's not exact but it gives an idea of the difference altitude makes. I went to several altitudes and held 500 knots ground speed at level flight heading 300.

35,000 feet = 3900 pounds per hour per engine

15.000 feet = 5600 PPH

5000 feet = 7000 PPH

I also went to 45,000 to check the cabin pressure and it jump from a comfortable 12,000 at 35k to and less comfy 18,000 and 45k.

thats crazy how much more fuel it eats up to fly low

My opinion is that the plane landed somewhere well off the beaten (and closely monitored) path. As a retired American 777 captain said, it would make no sense to fly for seven hours just to crash and die. He said that a 777 light on fuel (which this one certainly would have been) can land and stop on a runway as short as 3500 feet - which leaves literally hundreds of possibilities within the flight range of a 777 airborne for seven hours. Several of them are on remote islands.

It's amazing how the 24hr news channels can cover this nonstop with barely any new details coming out. They just repeat the same crap over and over and over and over and over.

Seriously. I mean, don't they know that is what Internet forums are for?

Edited by Sully151

Australia officials believe they have found debris that looks of a plane with their satellite imaging. They are sending planes for closer inspection. Expect a more conclusive result any moment.

Finally something newsworthy about this plane story.