• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So WTH really happened to this Malaysian aircraft??

Malaysia owns F-18's. Singapore has a version of the F-15. Shooting down a 777 would be as easy as flipping one switch and pressing 2 buttons but I don't know why anyone would be scrambling live loaded fighters in a commercial air corridor.

At that point in flight they should have been at cruise altitude which eliminate bird strikes but we just never know where the UAV's are, do we?

I worked with a guy who was a commercial pilot. I asked him what was the craziest thing he ever saw while he was on the job. He told me that they were cruising at ~38,000 feet when all of the sudden the outer layer of the windshield exploded. Apparently the windshield of a passenger airliner has a backup windshield just in case something goes wrong.

They were able to emergency land the plane without further incident and attributed the shattered windshield to either a meteorite or space junk. I thought he was full of shit until he brought a picture in the next day of him and the rest of the crew sitting in the cockpit with a broken windshield behind them.

China has released satellite images showing huge chunks of floating debris with the biggest being 79 ft by 72 ft.  I think they said they have images of 3 different pieces.

A thorough search of the area today (actually tomorrow in that part of the world) has turned up nothing. Not one piece of anything. Nothing but water.

Mystery back on...

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Malaysia-not-sure-which-way-lost-jet-was-headed-5309121.php

Is it wrong I don't trust the Malaysian, Vietnamese, or Chinese governments when it comes to searching for this? I feel more reassured in the update from US officials and the WSJ than any piece of information that has come from any other country involved.

Or am I just racist?

I don't trust the Malaysian government either.  Incompetent at the least and blatantly lying at the worst.  Keep in mind that Malaysian Airlines is state-owned, thus the government is the public relations department for the airline.

Is it wrong I don't trust the Malaysian, Vietnamese, or Chinese governments when it comes to searching for this? I feel more reassured in the update from US officials and the WSJ than any piece of information that has come from any other country involved.

Or am I just racist?

I don't see why China would lie about this incident. As for Malaysia and Vietnam, who knows?

Malaysia owns F-18's. Singapore has a version of the F-15. Shooting down a 777 would be as easy as flipping one switch and pressing 2 buttons but I don't know why anyone would be scrambling live loaded fighters in a commercial air corridor.

At that point in flight they should have been at cruise altitude which eliminate bird strikes but we just never know where the UAV's are, do we?

in terms of what the local air forces have, very true. But again, im doubtinf that they have routine armed flights up in the middle of the night. (Unless they were told to). The reality is, a lot of these countries who have good hardware lack the funding to train their pilors, let alone have them -working' unless necessary.

As far as UAV's, the armed ones would need somewhere a lot closer to operate (mayyybe thailand), but ive never read anything about them being capable to shoot air to air (though that doesnt mean they cant, obviously). That said, UAV's arent fast. I think theyd have problems catching up to a jet.

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_email/SB10001424052702304914904579434653903086282-lMyQjAxMTA0MDEwMzExNDMyWj

The missing airplane may have flown on for four hours past the last known time and location? WTF. This is insane.

just saw that. Very weird. And reference the earlier comment about a broken windshield, I think I read somewhere a plane crashed once after suffering a small hole somewhere in the plane (I believe the cockpit). The crew didnt realize it, but the plane slowly depressurized. They ended up 'falling asleep' before the plane crashed. I guess a sudden depressure situation, the masks instantly drop, but a slow one wouldnt be noticed.

I wonder how accurate the turning around story is? Assuming it actually didnt, and kept on its original course, if it kept going for 3 hours longer than they actually thought?.......it could be a thousand miles further north/northeast.

Doubtful though, im sure vietnam would have seen it on radar, and in time the chinese and japan/korea.

Who knows, maybe it was hijacked???

Or am I just racist?

LOL. There aren't many people I trust less than US officials. I'm honestly not sure if Chinese officials make that list.

in terms of what the local air forces have, very true. But again, im doubtinf that they have routine armed flights up in the middle of the night. (Unless they were told to). The reality is, a lot of these countries who have good hardware lack the funding to train their pilors, let alone have them -working' unless necessary.

As far as UAV's, the armed ones would need somewhere a lot closer to operate (mayyybe thailand), but ive never read anything about them being capable to shoot air to air (though that doesnt mean they cant, obviously). That said, UAV's arent fast. I think theyd have problems catching up to a jet.

I was half-jokingly implying that it could have been a midair collision with a UAV. Like a mechanical bird strike.

And I'm not implying that anyone did shoot it down but I operate a military flight simulator for a living. I've seen the competence level of pilots employed in their forces. It's very possible that IF a jet was scrambled to respond to a non-squawking aircraft that had wandered off course in the night that it would not be a stretch that a missile got fired. Once you call "Fox 3" you can't tell the AMRAAM to disregard previous message.

Oh I'm not saying they're the most trustworthy bunch, but in comparison to the news that has come out of Maysia and Vietnam, Id rank our intelligence far superior.

Oh, I believe our intelligence probably already knows what happened. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they were in on it.

They'll never say that to us, though. That was my point.

"All right, good night."

Relatives of the passengers have been told these were the final words heard from the cockpit of the missing jet.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-cockpits-last-words-revealed/

Yah but I interpret that as they we're about to enter Vietnameae airspace and transfer over to Vietnameae ATC. They were just saying bye to Malaysian ATC.

"All right, good night."

Relatives of the passengers have been told these were the final words heard from the cockpit of the missing jet.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-cockpits-last-words-revealed/

"all right, good night."  - panic, the pilot did it.

"we hand you over to Ho Chi Minh City"

"all right, good night."  - absolutely normal.  Must sensationalize it and cause panic.