• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So WTH really happened to this Malaysian aircraft??

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I dont get how you can depressurize the cabin? Or why you would have the ability to do so in the first place? I assumed the cabin simply preassurizes on takeoff, due to the seals

If a pressure regulator fails you have to be able to dump pressure or it builds until something blows. Good rule of thumb is anything that builds pressure needs to be able to vent pressure

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

If a pressure regulator fails you have to be able to dump pressure or it builds until something blows. Good rule of thumb is anything that builds pressure needs to be able to vent pressure

So in terms of an airliner, its not like opening a window... right? I imagine its more like a vent system?

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its been so long that its funny to even imagine someone smoking on a plane.

in the late 70s a college buddy of mine flew with a school singing group to poland. this was around the time when airlines were starting to go no-smoking. he told me that the polish airline they flew on was still a smoking flight, but with an odd set up - the left side of the plane was smoking, the right side was no-smoking.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

in the late 70s a college buddy of mine flew with a school singing group to poland. this was around the time when airlines were starting to go no-smoking. he told me that the polish airline they flew on was still a smoking flight, but with an odd set up - the left side of the plane was smoking, the right side was no-smoking.

Problem solved then.

So why cant we smoke on planes now, then?

• 4 years later...