• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So WTH really happened to this Malaysian aircraft??

The mystery to me isn't how you keep the jet from squawking. It's how you keep the passengers and crew from squawking.

• How do you keep 230 people from using cell phones while you hijack them? You would have to gas the cabin.
  • Why head out into the Indian Ocean? They had devised a route to avoid radar detection and probably thought they had a place to refuel or land.
  • What motive? Could be anything.

Holy shit. They just announced that their last known location was near the Kazakhstan/Turkmenistan border. The damn plane made it to the Middle East.

This is getting scarier and more mysterious by the minute. Just spitballing but Russia may be involved here.

Edited by Scott34

The mystery to me isn't how you keep the jet from squawking. It's how you keep the passengers and crew from squawking.

• How do you keep 230 people from using cell phones while you hijack them? You would have to gas the cabin.
  • Why head out into the Indian Ocean? They had devised a route to avoid radar detection and probably thought they had a place to refuel or land.
  • What motive? Could be anything.

Could have used a radio jamming device to effectively render all cell phones useless. 

Holy shit. They just announced that their last known location was near the Kazakhstan/Turkmenistan border. The damn plane made it to the Middle East.

This is getting scarier and more mysterious by the minute. Just spitballing but Russia may be involved here.

That's not what they said. 

Kazakhstan is just one direction it could have headed based on the satellite pings they kept hearing ... which lasted, what is it now, 7 hours from the time it disappeared?  Also could have turned south, which probably means it's deep in the Indian Ocean now.

Could have used a radio jamming device to effectively render all cell phones useless. 

Going to this much trouble to hijack a plane it doesn't make sense to risk that you could jam everything a passenger might be carrying. It makes more sense to deactivate the users that the devices.

Yeah, I think at this point there are really only two possibilities. Either a Martian spacecraft beamed the airliner on board with space-age lasers to anal probe all the passengers or the thing crashed. Hijacked? Possibly. But it definitely crashed. Secret agents didn't disable all the communication channels that existed on the plane and take control and land on a deserted island. The plane is gone and they're all dead. Sucks for them but it's probably better than the Martian anal probing option.

If the plane was hijacked, it would be fairly easy to collect all of the electronic devices on the plane as soon as the plane took off.

Also, there is a report that the plane climbed to 45K feet at which the plane would depressurize and the passengers would run out of oxygen supplied in the masks in mere minutes killing everyone.

Still not a lot of clarity other than the fact that this was a deliberate action

This is just becoming more and more bizarre.  Now they are saying it followed a specific path, in which if it was the plane, only a trained pilot could do.  

This leads me to believe.  If a trained pilot is doing all of this, knows how to control the plane, to pilot the plane, to disable it's beacons.  The pilot isn't flying to run out of fuel and crash.  It's to land, somewhere.  

Whoever has the plane, they had a plan.  And over a week later, I have a feeling we might see this plane emerge soon in a very bad way.  And I can't help but think that there are two big American events coming up.  Boston Marathon, and Opening Day.  What punctuates Opening Day even more, is that it could be done in Australia, which is well within the range of the plane.  

If the plane was hijacked, it would be fairly easy to collect all of the electronic devices on the plane as soon as the plane took off.

Also, there is a report that the plane climbed to 45K feet at which the plane would depressurize and the passengers would run out of oxygen supplied in the masks in mere minutes killing everyone.

Still not a lot of clarity other than the fact that this was a deliberate action

You've seen the passenger manifest, right? Communicating every instruction in 5 or 6 different languages and expecting them all to comply would be a fiasco. Risking even one left over wouldn't be worth the effort. One single action could definitely incapacitate every passenger but no single action could definitely eliminate every potential transmission source. You have to be practical.

Going to this much trouble to hijack a plane it doesn't make sense to risk that you could jam everything a passenger might be carrying. It makes more sense to deactivate the users that the devices.

There are jamming devices available so powerful that effectively deactivate any wireless communication device within range. 

This is just becoming more and more bizarre. Now they are saying it followed a specific path, in which if it was the plane, only a trained pilot could do.

This leads me to believe. If a trained pilot is doing all of this, knows how to control the plane, to pilot the plane, to disable it's beacons. The pilot isn't flying to run out of fuel and crash. It's to land, somewhere.

Whoever has the plane, they had a plan. And over a week later, I have a feeling we might see this plane emerge soon in a very bad way. And I can't help but think that there are two big American events coming up. Boston Marathon, and Opening Day. What punctuates Opening Day even more, is that it could be done in Australia, which is well within the range of the plane.

I see your line of thinking. But (imo), anything within the US isnt going to happen. A plane getting close to us WILL be seen on radar, and if its transponders arent on or arent squawking the right codes, it will be 'taken care of'.

As far as the aussie baseball scenario, it would be tough to penetrate their airspace as well, not to mention hitting a stadium would take some fancy flying. I would think it would be simpler to build a truck bomb or suicide vest scenario.

And in order for this thing to take off again (if it was in fact stolen), it would need to be refuled, which is not only tricky in geting the fuel, but also tough to do without a modern facility (which I imagine are being checked).

That said, it is possible. But I would add that we (as americans) tend to think of us as being the focus of terror. That said, theres a million different groups out there with theie own beefs. If in fact is was stolen to be used as a weapon, it could just as easily be used against say a govt in the region that the local muj are at odds with (theres dozens).

I still think it crashed personally, but it definetely is getting weirder and weirder. At the very least, it sure as hell doesnt look accidental anymore.

This story has officially entered the Tyson Zone. If it went toward mainland Asia, somebody would have picked it up on radar for sure. If it went further south and west into the Indian Ocean, well there's really nothing out there within reach other than the Maldives and Sri Lanka. Therefore, if it landed anywhere (which is still pretty unlikely), Sri Lanka is my bet. What I don't understand though is why anyone would fly that thing further south into the Indian Ocean, as that's pretty much suicidal. And if you're down with crashing a plane, why reroute it first?

This story has officially entered the Tyson Zone. If it went toward mainland Asia, somebody would have picked it up on radar for sure. If it went further south and west into the Indian Ocean, well there's really nothing out there within reach other than the Maldives and Sri Lanka. Therefore, if it landed anywhere (which is still pretty unlikely), Sri Lanka is my bet. What I don't understand though is why anyone would fly that thing further south into the Indian Ocean, as that's pretty much suicidal. And if you're down with crashing a plane, why reroute it first?

Someone on another forum hypothesized whether this is a new form of terrorism.  Steal a plane so well that the world goes crazy trying to find it.