• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So WTH really happened to this Malaysian aircraft??

The latest I read is that based upon satellite signals received, the plane was airborne for seven and a half hours after it took off from Kuala Lumpur. The question is where it went.

I honestly think the US and maybe India knows exactly where it is, but doesn't want to blow the cover on their surveillance capability.

I honestly think the US and maybe India knows exactly where it is, but doesn't want to blow the cover on their surveillance capability.

that makes sense. Id say the indians would know before we would.

I still dont think we have a ton of 'eyes' in that area though. It would be one thing if it was somewhere we were normally looking at. But im not sure theres a whole lot in that area (in the empty part of the indian ocean) that we're normally keeping tabs on.

Ive also read that it was making crazy maneuvers before it stabilized and headed west. Like climbed several thousand feet, then dove several thousand.

Maybe someone tried to get control of the cockpit? Maybe they had some kind of serious depressurization, were able to get it level before they suffocated and it eventually ran out of gas?

Still wouldnt explain the communications being turned off though.

If the plane was hijacked, it would be fairly easy to collect all of the electronic devices on the plane as soon as the plane took off.

Also, there is a report that the plane climbed to 45K feet at which the plane would depressurize and the passengers would run out of oxygen supplied in the masks in mere minutes killing everyone.

Still not a lot of clarity other than the fact that this was a deliberate action

some news channel did a thing in a 777 simulator. going up to 45k (which is 2k higher than the plane can/should tolerate) and then coming back down to a reasonable altitude can cause catastrophic system failures in the plane.

i'm trying to remember how payne stewart the golfer died. something about the air in their cabin going south and they all basically died from lack of oxygen. don't know if that's something similar to what might have happened here.

i'm convinced the plane is sitting in some secret hangar somewhere. the passengers are either hostages or dead by now.

some news channel did a thing in a 777 simulator. going up to 45k (which is 2k higher than the plane can/should tolerate) and then coming back down to a reasonable altitude can cause catastrophic system failures in the plane.

i'm trying to remember how payne stewart the golfer died. something about the air in their cabin going south and they all basically died from lack of oxygen. don't know if that's something similar to what might have happened here.

i'm convinced the plane is sitting in some secret hangar somewhere. the passengers are either hostages or dead by now.

Hangar 18?

Ive also read that it was making crazy maneuvers before it stabilized and headed west. Like climbed several thousand feet, then dove several thousand.

Maybe someone tried to get control of the cockpit? Maybe they had some kind of serious depressurization, were able to get it level before they suffocated and it eventually ran out of gas?

Still wouldnt explain the communications being turned off though.

First thing I thought of when I heard that the transponders were turned off was a hijacking - although I didn't rule out the possibility of one or both of the flight crew doing something deliberately. If it was a flight crew member, he sure waited a long time to do it. Both had thousands of flight hours with Malaysia

Experts of the Boeing 777 have said the altitude fluctuation over the Indian Ocean was physically impossible. The plane was too far away from a radar to get an accurate reading. But they do agree that someone was changing altitudes to some degree, probably to get a feel of the plane. Maybe to practice a landing. Could also mean the pilots were no longer flying the plane.

I still think the plane crashed somewhere, but the longer no plane is found, the more I believe it landed somewhere. The Boeing needs a long runway to land, but has been designed for emergency landings on any highway or hardened dirt. So that leaves plenty of options. What's tough to figure out is what happened to the passengers. If the hijackers only wanted the plane for another mission, then they killed everyone. If the hijackers are using this event to send a message, then they spared some lives. It's too difficult to keep 240 people alive, but sparing 30 lives will still give them leverage.

It wouldn't be that difficult to get electronic devices from everyone on a plane. Simply search someone on the plane and when you find a phone, kill them on the spot. That is something anyone will understand in any language. People will give up their electronic devices rather quickly. Now that it has been a week, most devices won't have battery life. But there is a device on the engines that cannot be turned off from the cockpit. From what I understand, it's not GPS but pings information to the engine maker Rolls Royce. If this device isn't easy to disable, then the plane will send a signal the next time it takes off. They could detect which tower collected the engine's signal and give authorities a general location.

IF this plane did land somewhere, it has to be a populated area. This plane didn't land on a remote island, and if it did land on a remote island, it landed with the intentions of never taking off again. How is someone going to get jet fuel to a remote island? If this is a hijacking, then the plane, in my most random guess, had to have landed somewhere adequately populated. d

Experts of the Boeing 777 have said the altitude fluctuation over the Indian Ocean was physically impossible.

You mean the rise to 45,000 feet?  I've read conflicting thoughts on this.  Some feel it's possible for the 777 to briefly reach FL450 before descending again.  Key word = briefly.  Like you said, I think everybody is skeptical of the altitude readings.

The Boeing needs a long runway to land, but has been designed for emergency landings on any highway or hardened dirt. So that leaves plenty of options. What's tough to figure out is what happened to the passengers. If the hijackers only wanted the plane for another mission, then they killed everyone. If the hijackers are using this event to send a message, then they spared some lives. It's too difficult to keep 240 people alive, but sparing 30 lives will still give them leverage.

I'm skeptical they could have successfully landed that thing anywhere other than a known air strip.  The dimensions speak for themselves...anything less would have produced a crash and burn scenario. 

777dim.gif

It wouldn't be that difficult to get electronic devices from everyone on a plane. Simply search someone on the plane and when you find a phone, kill them on the spot. That is something anyone will understand in any language. People will give up their electronic devices rather quickly. Now that it has been a week, most devices won't have battery life. But there is a device on the engines that cannot be turned off from the cockpit. From what I understand, it's not GPS but pings information to the engine maker Rolls Royce. If this device isn't easy to disable, then the plane will send a signal the next time it takes off. They could detect which tower collected the engine's signal and give authorities a general location.

Cell phones don't work properly as a communications device -- if at all -- above a certain altitude.  And even if they were usable, there's no cell service over the ocean.  I think if anybody's cell phone pinged, we would have heard about that by now.  The one exception being wifi which goes via satellite (if the plane was equipped)...but I haven't heard a word about this.  Anybody know, was it disabled too?

The Rolls Royce data came via ACARS (satellite) which doesn't normally transmit GPS position.  The ping just proves the plane is still "alive".

I could see it landing. I can't see it being fit to take off again.

As far as cell phones, wi-fi, etc, it doesn't make any sense to me that someone who put this much thought into everything would be willing to risk the human element X 230. Maybe that's the purpose of the altitude shift. As long as the engines had enough air to keep operating I d can't see a brief bump to 45K being a deal breaker for the airframe. For the passengers that's another story.

Cell phones don't work properly as a communications device -- if at all -- above a certain altitude.  And even if they were usable, there's no cell service over the ocean.  I think if anybody's cell phone pinged, we would have heard about that by now.  The one exception being wifi which goes via satellite (if the plane was equipped)...but I haven't heard a word about this.  Anybody know, was it disabled too?

The Rolls Royce data came via ACARS (satellite) which doesn't normally transmit GPS position.  The ping just proves the plane is still "alive".

My point about the cell phones is that the hijackers had time to collect all the devices over the Indian Ocean before heading back into civilization or land. As for ACARS, I do understand it's not a GPS device but the ping itself is very useful. If that engine pings, then authorities know that plane didn't crash and to take appropriate action. As for the landing, I got that information from an ex pilot being interviewed about the 777. He said it could be landed safely on a highway or packed dirt terrain. But he also said you need to be exceptionally skilled to pull it off. These guys pulled off the unthinkable of making a plane disappear. I'm sure they can figure out a way to get jet fuel. It's been over a week now so time isn't an issue.

My point about the cell phones is that the hijackers had time to collect all the devices over the Indian Ocean before heading back into civilization or land. As for ACARS, I do understand it's not a GPS device but the ping itself is very useful. If that engine pings, then authorities know that plane didn't crash and to take appropriate action. As for the landing, I got that information from an ex pilot being interviewed about the 777. He said it could be landed safely on a highway or packed dirt terrain. But he also said you need to be exceptionally skilled to pull it off. These guys pulled off the unthinkable of making a plane disappear. I'm sure they can figure out a way to get jet fuel. It's been over a week now so time isn't an issue.

I just don't see how hijackers could confiscate 400+ phones, tablets, and laptops without being overpowered and taken down by passengers and crew. 

That part of the world doesn't have highways or packed dirt suitable for landing a 777.  The roads are smaller and windier than ours, with lots of dense forests. All it would take is one of the wings making contact with a tree or the ground and the plane would have exploded in a fireball, easily detectable by satellite. 

Now some US politicians are calling for the FBI to forcibly take over the investigation. I wonder which country we will invade over this?

The arrogance of the US government and agencies is so absurd. Their continued belief that they are responsible for babysitting and saving the world is so exhausting, especially because that almost always entails the slaughtering of thousands of innocent people that pose no threat to anybody.

Or look for missing plane.

Now some US politicians are calling for the FBI to forcibly take over the investigation. I wonder which country we will invade over this? 

The arrogance of the US government and agencies is so absurd. Their continued belief that they are responsible for babysitting and saving the world is so exhausting, especially because that almost always entails the slaughtering of thousands of innocent people that pose no threat to anybody.

I'm not gonna argue with you on the incompetence of the government or the arrogance, but I'm pretty sure that some politicians want us to take over the investigation because the idiots running the investigation from Malaysia seem so far in over their heads. 

Werent there US citizens on board?

Bottom line, the malaysians arent exactlyputting the best effort into this. Its not just people on the internet saying that, its the entire multinational effort thats assisting saying that. You think the vietnamese liked spending a bunch of time (and money) searching their end of the pond only to be told two days later that it turned around before it even got there (by the malaysians). Note how the indians have ceased because of the conflicting info.

Bottom line. Either the malaysians arent capable of figuring this out (which is completely understandable), or they are intentionally not telling the full story.

Im not saying it will or sh ok uld be the US, but someone else WILL end up taking the reins (China).

I just don't see how hijackers could confiscate 400+ phones, tablets, and laptops without being overpowered and taken down by passengers and crew. 

if i have a gun and you don't, and i've taken over your plane and caused a tremendous amount of fear and panic, i doubt you'd put up much of a fight in surrendering your phone when i get to your row.

I hate how the word "activist" is sensationalized to the point of meaning terrorist.  

Just because you believe in a political cause doesn't mean you become suicidal or homicidal when things don't go your way. 

The t-shirt and "activism" aren't really suspicious, but why do all these dudes have Arabic names?